Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unfinished hammock in Island Living?

2...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    A hammock would need a *lot* of animation - a different lounging than the lounge chairs have (we sit differently), swaying, etc. Maybe they were initially looking at that *or* the lounge chair and did an initial start on both before choosing?

Yep - animation takes the most time what with testing and all - so probably why it was not finished, but had been planned for the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Hopefully they could add hammocks in university! Imagine just chilling out at your dorm in a hammock!
    a256aFi.gif
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    A hammock would need a *lot* of animation - a different lounging than the lounge chairs have (we sit differently), swaying, etc. Maybe they were initially looking at that *or* the lounge chair and did an initial start on both before choosing?

thats what im assuming. cause with their team a texture wouldn't be extremely difficult its the animations and interactions that would be.

i hope we get a hammock eventually it would be neat.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I noticed iSandor made an Island Living unlocked items pack on modthesims and the hammock was included. Unfortunately you can only use it for decorative purposes.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    They'll probably add it to the My First Island Stuff Pack ;)
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Maybe they couldn't finish it in time and could be in a later update?

I sure hope so!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I noticed iSandor made an Island Living unlocked items pack on modthesims and the hammock was included. Unfortunately you can only use it for decorative purposes.

You‘re right! Here‘s the hammock unlocked!
    MTS_iSandor-1855099-06-24-19_12-52-23PM.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    hahahahahaha that just proves to me that they are always rushing stuff instead of finishing their packs properly. Like, really?! You guys didn't learn anything with Sims 4 rushed production?! That pack is a shame to me, lots of reused animations, lacking a lot of content... I am waiting for a new life simulator so badly... My money is not a joke.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    My First Hammock Stuff Pack, Coming in Winter 2019

tbh id probably buy it if it came with several styles of hammocks and I could get my hammock woohoo back

I wouldn't be bothered if hammocks and other stuff were part of a stuff pack, if they were in Island Living, i don't understand that mentality of SIms 4 Stuff Packs. In previous games i would buy stuff packs for new meshes/designs for objects, not for an exclusive content. I'd rather want hammocks in Island Living and in a Stuff Pack, cuz i would have different types of the same object to use in my buildings (and, no i am not talking about recolors, i mean literally new meshes/new designs/new colors/etc).
    Simmingal wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    My First Hammock Stuff Pack, Coming in Winter 2019

tbh id probably buy it if it came with several styles of hammocks and I could get my hammock woohoo back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX_DJIPNcDQ

Also, i don't understand why we have so many objects locked (you can see them here), why they don't let us use them if they are already in game? I would be happier with more objects than less...
    Post edited by Karon on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    edited July 2019
    Lol, at the hammock whohoo. :p How did I miss that?. To be honest though my sims rarely whohoo. Just to procreate.

ETA: You can play on it also. :)

slr2Qjq.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • lemonade578lemonade578 Posts: 75 Member
    I hope there is a hammock... I love the idea of my sim just drifting asleep while out in Sulani. Imagine your sim napping outside, then a monsoon starts... I would not want to be in that position.
    cUfiTAd.png
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    But if the Hammock is anything like the lounge chair, no thanks.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Ha. That's pretty funny. Would be cool if they finish it for an update or something, but I don't think it'll be anything too impressive.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    ea tryna to do that all the times. im not shookt or something.
    y'all got bread?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sims 4: My First Hammock Stuff Pack ($10)
    -Includes a brand new hammock for your Sims to enjoy!
    -Also, dozens of brand new outfits for your adult female Sims!
    -We've also included a new version of the same female hairstyle you've gotten several times already!

Description: Hammock only includes three different color options, can only be placed outside, and takes up 3x the space a normal hammock would in real life. Also, your Sims cannot sleep, nap, play, or woohoo inside the hammock. The hammock is ONLY intended for laying in. Also, there's tons of bugs that (for whatever reason) corrupt features from unrelated expansion and game packs... and we may or may not ever fix them.

*Must have 'Island Living' expansion pack to play!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg