Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👩‍🎓UNIVERSITY or FARMING👨‍🌾

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    For me the sims is about career advancement, so that my sims children and grandchildren can be wealthy. Education should be a part of that. I like goal based gameplay. And achieved sims. So University would be more useful.Farming holds no interest for me. That would be several animals with very limited interactions being taken care of . So basically a chore. And unless its a great way to make money and progress the household, its not very useful.

Lol, farms are a reality. If we didn’t have them most people wouldn’t eat. If gardening is anything to go by, I assume farming would be lucrative too. I on the other hand really like the active careers and would rather see more of them than University where they slip away to rabbit hole classes and come out with a job that is non active. To me the fun is in playing, not just the end result. I have been wanting farm animals since the sims 2, when someone created chickens that could run around your yard. I don’t use mods or custom content anymore, and I would love to see farm animals, see the butter churn, canning station and sewing machine return, and hopefully be able to go to a country fair!
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Personally? I want farming. I find that more enjoyable.
    That being said, I wouldn't be mad if they released a University pack, though, because I know a lot of simmers really like content. I'm just not one of them.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    For me the sims is about career advancement, so that my sims children and grandchildren can be wealthy. Education should be a part of that. I like goal based gameplay. And achieved sims. So University would be more useful.Farming holds no interest for me. That would be several animals with very limited interactions being taken care of . So basically a chore. And unless its a great way to make money and progress the household, its not very useful.

Lol, farms are a reality. If we didn’t have them most people wouldn’t eat. If gardening is anything to go by, I assume farming would be lucrative too. I on the other hand really like the active careers and would rather see more of them than University where they slip away to rabbit hole classes and come out with a job that is non active. To me the fun is in playing, not just the end result. I have been wanting farm animals since the sims 2, when someone created chickens that could run around your yard. I don’t use mods or custom content anymore, and I would love to see farm animals, see the butter churn, canning station and sewing machine return, and hopefully be able to go to a country fair!

I don't want rabbit hole classes at all. I want university to be realistic. And I also want any careers from the University pack to be active or semi-active , and to require a degree in that field.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I have enough college to worry about in my daily life, I don't need a simulated version too. Farming, however, is something they've never really touched on in depth, and I've always been a fan of the off-the-grid, from-the-ground-up sort of gameplay.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    Uni for me. My game still feels like it's missing something without it. I'd be ok with a farming EP or any other original idea but only AFTER I have my University and magic pack!
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I would love both but I'd say Uni just because I have a lot of teens waiting to grow up so I can send them off... Farming can wait, but I don't wait for Uni :)
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    I'm not interested in either of them. I play to escape the university in my own life, so I doubt I would buy the EP :D
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    Both 🤷‍♀️ I definitely want University more, but I’d like to see a farming pack come to light as well.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    Don't get me wrong, I would really, really love both... but I hope we get University just a bit earlier. It's more fundamental to my gameplay. I play rotationally, with aging off, and I basically refuse to age up to adult and move out any child sim until we have university. (Not that all of my sims will go to college, but I'm trying to age up each group of children up with their cohorts.) So not having it is holding me back at this point. So I'm super excited for Island Living and Realm of Magic, but would still love to get University near the end of the year.

But a farm life pack would be so much fun in February, or in early spring, when the weather is still bleak, and we could entertain ourselves inside with dreams of spring and summer and growing things.
  • m0n0n0ke0m0n0n0ke0 Posts: 5 New Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    University would be great. I tried to have a dorm for my young adult sims and they would go to work but it's not the same as having an actual university.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    I will never get the desire for farming when so many farming simulators exists (Stardew Valley is like $15 on steam right now I think and that game will give you hours of fun!) I really want an overhaul of the education system in general and there are so many ways to go about it. We could having private and boarding schools again, homeschooling, night classes, advanced degrees and other things.

I mean I'd still get the farming pack because I like having all of the content but I'd much prefer a University/Education pack and I really hope we get it next.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    University is temporary in a sim's life, farming could be a long lasting generational accomplishment!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    i honostly think we will get a University pack
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I had a really hard time deciding, but I’m hoping we get both.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I really hope we get horses and farm animals! And nectar making!
    a256aFi.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I want both but I am afraid of how they will do University. I play on a rotation and I would love to send all the teens\young adults at the same time. I am afraid they are going to do it like sims 3 and only allow on family at a time. If that is the case, it will be pretty much worthless to me.

You can create a university area in your hometown in TS3. That way all the teens/young adults of each generation can go at once. One of the nice things about TS3 is that it lets you think out of the box.

• FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    If I actually had to choose one or the other, I'd probably go with farming, since, while I like what's included with the University expansion (CAS/BuildBuy items), I'm not so much a fan of the act of sending my Sims off to college. But I'd be fine with either honestly.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I do hope we get both, but mainly I want Farming.
    I really REALLY hope they would make it and add Alpacas/Llamas as one of animals! I love Alpacas (cuter, smaller, fluffier version of llamas) and want to own a farm of them someday in future. My sister's friend's parents own one and my gosh they are the cutest, and so cuddly, and not stinky at all. They are considered the aristocrats of farm animals, and in Peru their wool is considered to be the fleece of the gods. So cool ^^ I really want those to farm, and chickens, cows, sheep, as well. And butter turning, cheese making, and growing field of corn, and wheat. So now we can finally have eggs, milk, flour, for cooking, and wool from sheep and alpacas can be used for like a sewing hobby/career and have new table for this activity. Sewing or knitting, would be so fun. Ah, alpacas are so cute, and huggable, and so darn fluffy! Gimmie
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    I couldn't care less for both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited June 2019
    ❌Neither ❌
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I mean idk I sort of want them to release university so people can stop asking for it though
    but also not sure if either of these will actually have something for me personally

I just want some hobbies and activities and thats all
    Also, THIS.

Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • ChoerrysRoachChoerrysRoach Posts: 35 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    Would love university. Loved it in Sims 2 and 3 I really want a professor active career that would add a really cool element to it. Don't really want farming not something I would do.
    chips-ahoy-chipsahoy-chi-literally-nobody-chips-ahoy-stan-loona-45479729.png
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    I'd like University to come next, but from past experience, the team tends to focus on and release experimental, non related packs. So I don't think either one of those packs will be next. 🤷‍♀️
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    What comes next doesn't really worry me but I just hope they don't come out with something like a stuff pack called "My First Underwater Living Stuff pack" with all the stuff and extra depth we could have got in Island Living.

Couldn't resist, Sorry. :)
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I've been a farming advocate since forever.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    Patrice wrote: »
    Don't give up on willing Anmirla, we'll get farming someday soon! i want it also, but im waiting for island living, it looks good! have a good day :)

We have City Living and now Island Living -- a Rural Living pack would complete the trifecta. A more laid-back type of lifestyle, less about conspicuous consumption (he who dies with the most toys...is still dead) and more about working with your hands and producing items that people actually need, like fruits and vegetables and milk and such. Farm animals where how well you care for them determines the quality of produce (taking care of your chickens produce excellent or perfect eggs which are worth more, ignoring them means rotten eggs worth 0).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)