Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope. If it doesn't include occults and the humor of the Sims, I want nothing to do with it.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Nope. If it doesn't include occults and the humor of the Sims, I want nothing to do with it.

How do you know it won't have humor or the occult?

I think it looks really promising so far, though of course it's too soon to say.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Is this real? Please say it's not a mobile game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simsteph21simsteph21 Posts: 13 New Member
    FINALLY an alternative to the sims. I’ve been waiting for another simulation game. Hopefully this causes some competition and the sims will step up their game bc I’m sick and tired of ea/maxis ripping us off and giving us the bare minimum. Looking forward to learning more about this game :)
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't think it'll be as popular as the sims, but who knows, aynthing can happen. But I'm not leaving the sims :heart: but having a competitor for the sims maybe make the devs create bigger packs :wink:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    What is ScreenShotSaturday? Is this the place to post indie games in development or just individuals posting what they have been able to animate? Interesting place, but I have no idea what it's for. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Apparently the plan is for it to have occult in a later update after release
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is this real? Please say it's not a mobile game.

It looks like PC to me, due to the mouse cursor on the screen, but I don't know much about mobile games, I don't play them lol. It's real, but very early in development and, for the moment, only being made by one person alone so I think it'll take years to be released.
    https://mypotatogames.com/build-your-dream-house-in-paralives/ A bit of an article on it if anyone is interested
    edited July 2019
    https://mypotatogames.com/build-your-dream-house-in-paralives/ A bit of an article on it if anyone is interested

ooh, thanks. He needs a KickStarter fund. When I saw the name 'Alex' I was hoping it was the long time developer of SIm City who left to start his own mobile game company. But not the same surname. Some other developers need to get with him and finish this! :D (Before EA buys him out).
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    it looks really neat but im a little skeptical that ALL of that is going to be included in the base game all created by seemingly one person. either that's what he has planned and is hoping he still can do or there is going to be a trade off somewhere.

if it is all going to be in there, that's fantastic but im a little skeptical haha.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2019
    It sounds interesting and cool, but the art style/graphics look.... not that amazing. Very skeptical right now but we'll see.
    It sounds interesting and cool, but the art style/graphics look.... not that amazing. Very skeptical right now but we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if the art style got an update, but personally I would hope not as I really love it lol!
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    This is impressive! The building features are literally out of the box (grid). I'm definitely buying it if the game ultimately develops with a better graphic and the promised complete AI.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    As this isn't directly related to The Sims I've gone and moved it to the off topic section.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top