Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help with CC

I have been on the hunt for this long trench coat and am wondering if anyone would know or have this cc that the male sim is wearing?
Any direction/help would be great. I have found a few but it's not the same as this one, something similar or the same one would be truly appreciated!! Especially the open coat look without a jumper or vest.

02634eb1c55351a51f785290c05bb84d.jpg

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    bebasim wrote: »
    I have been on the hunt for this long trench coat and am wondering if anyone would know or have this cc that the male sim is wearing?
    Any direction/help would be great. I have found a few but it's not the same as this one, something similar or the same one would be truly appreciated!! Especially the open coat look without a jumper or vest.

This is from a private message board and you must be a member to download their clothing. Sorry, I don't know of a coat like it without a shirt underneath.
  • Queen_Shi29Queen_Shi29 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so frustrated with The Sims Resource (TSR)at this point. Its been a week since I've tried to download any CC because I keep getting an error message from Winrar stating 'the archive is either in unknown format or damaged' & today I thought I'd give it a try and it continues to say the same thing. I even tried fixing the error - I've already tried the solution I found on YouTube, but it didn't work. Still having the same problem.

Can someone please tell me what's going on here?
    edited February 2019
    I'm so frustrated with The Sims Resource (TSR)at this point. Its been a week since I've tried to download any CC because I keep getting an error message from Winrar stating 'the archive is either in unknown format or damaged' & today I thought I'd give it a try and it continues to say the same thing. I even tried fixing the error - I've already tried the solution I found on YouTube, but it didn't work. Still having the same problem.

Can someone please tell me what's going on here?

Is it possible winrar is the problem? Have you tried re-installing that program? Maybe you would have better luck with 7zip.
    https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Also, does the file you are trying to use winrar on end with .package? These files are not zipped and can be placed directly in your Mods folder.
  • koloctopuskoloctopus Posts: 3 New Member
    Everything in my game is labeled as CC even maxis curated items any help?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    koloctopus wrote: »
    Everything in my game is labeled as CC even maxis curated items any help?

Hello @koloctopus
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
    Then put back your cc into the new mods folder that has been generated in the Sims 4 folder and see if the issue remains.
    [quote="rosemow;c-16951519"][quote="koloctopus;c-16951484"]Everything in my game is labeled as CC even maxis curated items any help? [/quote]

Hello @koloctopus
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
    Then put back your cc into the new mods folder that has been generated in the Sims 4 folder and see if the issue remains.[/quote]

I finished the following steps but it did not work also it effects build mode too, everything has a cc wrench
    Actually nevermind I fixed it by deleting some called client delta build something and it’s all fixed, thank you
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    koloctopus wrote: »
    Actually nevermind I fixed it by deleting some called client delta build something and it’s all fixed, thank you

It is good that your issue is fixed :)
  • LilDuce14LilDuce14 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I'm not sure if anyone will see this post; I just wasn't sure where to put it. I'm actually having trouble finding some custom content also. I've looked high and low for this and it just seems impossible to find. I haven't been on this website long enough to post links yet, but if you go onto TheSimsResource website and type in the search bar "Muse eyes", click on the first post that pops up.

(*Copy and paste the url if you're unable to open the links)

This author posted some nice eyes on The Sims Resource, but she didn't say what hairstyle she used in the description. I tried looking through the comments as they may often be someone who possibly might ask, intending that the author would reply; nothing.

As I was unable to find it, I was hoping someone on The Sims Forum might be able to.

Thanks,

LilDuce14.
  • Nasey_x8Nasey_x8 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I don't know where to put this post or how to create a new thread so I figured I'd ask for help here. I currently have the sims 4 tray importer to remove bad CC from my game, and I currently have bad CC to remove because it does not work in the game with the whole black mask and question mark thing but the tray importer isn't working and I don't know how to fix it. I created a household and they are wearing the bad CC but when I click on them and go to the tab that says 'CC', everything is red and at the bottom it says 'searching for cc is currently not available. Please open preferences to setup the game.' I don't know what that means or what to do about it, if I try to change how it finds my game when I first open the program it either quits on me or I hit save and restart it and it wants me to do the exact same thing again. Can someone please help me? Also, I am using Mac OS on a MacBook pro, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the tray importer twice and it is still not working :neutral:
    edited February 2019
    Nasey_x8 wrote: »
    Hey, I don't know where to put this post or how to create a new thread so I figured I'd ask for help here. I currently have the sims 4 tray importer to remove bad CC from my game, and I currently have bad CC to remove because it does not work in the game with the whole black mask and question mark thing but the tray importer isn't working and I don't know how to fix it. I created a household and they are wearing the bad CC but when I click on them and go to the tab that says 'CC', everything is red and at the bottom it says 'searching for cc is currently not available. Please open preferences to setup the game.' I don't know what that means or what to do about it, if I try to change how it finds my game when I first open the program it either quits on me or I hit save and restart it and it wants me to do the exact same thing again. Can someone please help me? Also, I am using Mac OS on a MacBook pro, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the tray importer twice and it is still not working :neutral:

This post at the Sims 4 Tray Importer help board seems to address your question:
    https://luniversims.com/forums/topic/5866-cc-appears-in-red-and-does-not-show-name-or-location/
    about halfway down the page it offers a solution for Mac users
  • I_like_2_simI_like_2_sim Posts: 5 New Member
    I could really use some help. I have been downloading cc from The Sims Resource (TSR) and suddenly i went on the sims 4 and my data had been unrecognised. I was fine because it saved my packs and i barely had any worlds but i cant get my cc working again. I have both boxes ticked, i restarted my game multiple times and even removed some cc from my folder. Im just really stuck on what to do
    I could really use some help. I have been downloading cc from The Sims Resource (TSR) and suddenly i went on the sims 4 and my data had been unrecognised. I was fine because it saved my packs and i barely had any worlds but i cant get my cc working again. I have both boxes ticked, i restarted my game multiple times and even removed some cc from my folder. Im just really stuck on what to do

Try doing this:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16951519/#Comment_16951519
    I used your advice but it still hasnt worked. It didnt even give me a new mods folder. At this point the only thing i can think of is to delete my game and reinstall it
    never mind I had put all my data in the wrong place. no wonder all of my saves and mods were gone
  • jenegeejenegee Posts: 108 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

This is from a private message board and you must be a member to download their clothing. Sorry, I don't know of a coat like it without a shirt underneath.

Do you know which message board these clothes are from?

Thanks
    jenegee wrote: »
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Do you know which message board these clothes are from?

Thanks

It's a Russian site so you may need to translate: http://sim-angeles.forum2x2.ru/t371p25-topic