Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Like In Sims 4 That Sims 3 Doesn't Have?

13...Next

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh, and I haven't made a sim that did this yet, but I appreciate the introduction of freelance careers in this game. I love having more options :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I love the "Manage Households" option we have in Sims 4... it makes it so much easier to keep your worlds filled with families of your own. In Sims 3, you would actually need to manually get them married or get other Sims pregnant for them to have kids... meanwhile, in Sims 4, you can simply use "manage households" to add kids to pre-existing families... and with "TestingCheats True" enabled, you can easily make Sims get married instantly in CAS... you really couldn't do any of that in Sims 3 without installing mods. Even then, it still wasn't as easy.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    The search bar in build mode.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Huh, the search bar and the gallery. I was going to say CAS but without a color wheel, its a wash for me. Sims 4 CAS is definitely more flexible and I like that hats are separate from hair, but I do miss CASt which enabled me to do about anything with hair and clothing.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm glad they got rid of that curfew!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I love the elders in sims4 and clothing options for them. I did not like playing them in sims 2 and 3.

I love the option for our sims to wear anything and use any hair for both genders. Some items such as tshirts, shorts, pants, and shoes are gender neutral to me which gives my sims extra clothes to choose from.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I love the elders in sims4 and clothing options for them. I did not like playing them in sims 2 and 3.

I love the option for our sims to wear anything and use any hair for both genders. Some items such as tshirts, shorts, pants, and shoes are gender neutral to me which gives my sims extra clothes to choose from.

I'm the same with the elders. I do like the fact that the clothing is a lot more universal and it's easier to use all the clothing for both genders rather than having to mod it all the time. A very useful addition!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Aspiration switch (didn't know this was possible for months).

I have come to appreciate this more and more. When I selected a new Teen aspiration for an aged-up Sim, I knew I wanted something creative, and chose the Painter one.

On a family Volunteering outing, however, he had a Chance Card encounter with an off-screen Elder and got some Piano skill from it. It seemed more organic to take him down a musical path, Aspiration-wise, and the ability to change it on the fly really made that painless.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2019
    I agree with a lot of the other commenters here. My favourites are:
    Build Mode - all of it
    (Okay, still no curved steps but :D) Search, copy, drag and drop, roofing, and (most importantly) the ability to save without going to edit town. In S3, I would inevitably forget and the hours or so I put in building this awesome townie house would be for nothing.

Cas
    -The ability to edit ugly non-player townies without my game crashing. Attempted this with NRAAS in 3 and always, always, my save would become corrupt.

-Gender patch. So great - my male sims can wear skinny jeans now, and my female sims can wear a tux!

Controversial
    -The lack of a colour wheel for clothes. I'm such a perfectionist that in TS3 I'd always have to edit the colours because I didn't like most of the defaults. It took me so long to create a family. I also found the patterns/textures really slow loading so... sometimes my families would end up having only 2 sims instead of 3 or 5 because I got too impatient.

-The art style. I know some people really dig realism (fair enough) but I don't think the tech is there yet for me, and S4 avoids the uncanny effect (unless your sim lives in strangerville lol). I also like how there isn't a lot of "nature flotsam" in the environment, as traveling in MEA type worlds with lots of plants on the ground (esp. where you have to find things ugh) tends to give me a migraine, especially when added with environmental effects such as wind. TS4 has a really clean and cute style, and I think it has kept up with the times, despite being 4 years (over 4 years?) old.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    The ability to downsize lots. You may lose the landscaping but it much easier than trying rebuild for me.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I agree with the clubs! I wish I could make a costumised Uni Social Group in my Sims 3 game. I can't identify with Nerds, Rebels or Jocks. When I was at University in RL I was something I could describe as an Arty Bookworm, and many of the people I used to hang around with were the same.

Also:

- hats separate from hair in CAS
    - different types of teeth in CAS
    - smooth transition between animations

Agree on the hats separate from hair. I can't remember if you could assign different hairstyles to different outfits, so your long-haired Sim could have her (or his, whatever floats your boat) hair in an updo for formal wear, or wear a baseball cap with pigtails for fitness wear. Related to that is unisex clothing and being able to create transgender and even infertile Sims -- I like to occasionally play a couple that can't have children so they end up adopting.

I really like the push/pull creation in CAS and Build mode. In Sims 3 if I wanted to expand a house or add a basement, I pretty much had to demolish half the house to do it -- with Sims 4 I can just pull on a wall to enlarge a room or figure out a good place to add stairs then draw the basement accordingly. Basements are handy for rooms you don't have room for in the main house or for items you don't necessarily need on the main floors, like exercise rooms, workshops, home labs and such. And in Sims 4 I can make my Simself look more like myself instead of an American football linebacker. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    edited July 2019
    There are loads of things I like better about Sims 4 than Sims 3. In fact, Sims 4 addressed and fixed a lot of the things that irritated me in Sims 3, such as not being able to travel between worlds, not being able to use female hairstyles on male sims, having no way to control which NPC/Non-active household sims would show up at which lots, having sims I care about randomly culled, and having sims be interrupted from what they were doing when another sim would walk up and talk to them. And on and on. Even though I enjoyed Sims 3 a lot, there where a lot of things that I wished they had done different, nearly all of which have been improved or fixed in Sims 4.

My favorite things in Sims 4 that weren't in Sims 3:

-Being able to "favorite" households that I don't want culled!!!!!!!!!
    -Get Together Club system (so I can control the "walk-on" and "supporting" cast in my stories)
    -Complete freedom in CAS to use any hairstyle or clothing item in any category with both male and female sims
    -Being able to use any hat with any hairstyle
    -Being able to freely travel between all the existing worlds
    -The incredible level of detail in the backdrops
    -Emotions (did have to tweak them a bit with RoBurky's mods, but otherwise love them)
    -Multitasking (So they can do stuff like paint or cook and talk to each other at the same time)
    -Being able to make my own holidays
    -The functional restaurants in Dine Out that actually work like restaurants with waiters and everything. I wanted this so bad in Sims 3, and I still use Dine Out all the time. It's one of my favorite packs.
    -How smoothly the game runs. I have almost every pack that has been put out so far and I still have zero problems with lag or crashing. By the time I had just a few packs in Sims 3, I was already having a ton of problems with this and would not have even been able to play at all if it weren't for the NRAAS Overwatch mod.
    -Toddlers that actually act like toddlers
    -Vampires that actually seem like vampires

And even though this is by modders rather than the official game, I also love how easy it is with Sims 4 Studio and Pose Player to add and use my own custom poses in the game. This has been a lot of fun for me. I never tried doing this in Sims 3, but it sounds like there wasn't a nice organized system like the Studio for that version.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    • You can create your own holidays.
    • Toddlers are more enjoyable to play.
    • Emotions!
    • Sims don't have to stand across from each other to have a conversation.
    • The Gallery makes it easier to download sims/houses.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Multi tasking and gender options have changed my sim life.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Multi-tasking was a game changer honestly and the first thing that made me fall in love with 4. It was long overdue.
    1500x500.jpg