Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Afterlife Game pack idea

13...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2019
    I was always told that when you are dead you are restored to your best time of life so Elders on dying should have a metamorphosis into the afterlife by reverting into their Young Adult/Adult stage with a beautiful display of stars or whatever! All their ancestors around to greet them.

The problem is that each culture has a different idea of the afterlife so how could you incorporate that in the Sims as a global game? We've got ordinary ghosts and now ancestral "elementals" in Island Living. Would they mix?

PS: I'd rather be a speck of dust exploring the universe myself!

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Simburian It would be better if Sims ghosts had their own 'lore' - sometimes it works to implement a lot of different ideas, but it would get too complicated with ghosts. It 's better to try to simplify it, and make the tools and the gameplay as simple and powerful as possible - that way simmers could make their own stories. If I made this features, I would implement certain option settings that could help, like decide what sims that can see ghosts, if ghosts are all the same age etc. You could use skills and/or traits and even objects to modify the gameplay. It's all about imagination and simplifying game tools.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    @Simburian It would be better if Sims ghosts had their own 'lore' - sometimes it works to implement a lot of different ideas, but it would get too complicated with ghosts. It 's better to try to simplify it, and make the tools and the gameplay as simple and powerful as possible - that way simmers could make their own stories. If I made this features, I would implement certain option settings that could help, like decide what sims that can see ghosts, if ghosts are all the same age etc. You could use skills and/or traits and even objects to modify the gameplay. It's all about imagination and simplifying game tools.

I'd prefer it as a type of Ghostbuster's pack as I am at an age when I don't find death funny. :/o:)
    @Simburian To me, Sims doens't have to be funny or even nice - I loved the ghosts in Sims 2 that was actually kinda scary. I want scary ghosts, but also sad ghosts. I just don't play Sims as a 'funny' game, or even a happy one. I want to work for my sims happiness.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    This could be a way to introduce regrets or revenge into the game.
    @jadonbakes Yes, but essentially it has to be the living sims that actually resolves it, because while ghosts can haunt and have regret and unfinished business, they need the help of the living, which I find very interesting.
    Allons-y!

• nynvieealmerenynvieealmere Posts: 22 Member
    @jadonbakes Yes, but essentially it has to be the living sims that actually resolves it, because while ghosts can haunt and have regret and unfinished business, they need the help of the living, which I find very interesting.

Maybe it is because it's punishment to learn the lesson that we are all connected and we each need to pass on our knowledge (uniqueness) so in death they are forced to interact and share with the living. So maybe the mechanism could be like an aspiration to resolve your "stuff" so you can move forward and it would be something like go to a festival together with the living sim. Or if not playing the ghost have them ask to do it with an event or rabbithole to ride in a rocket or whatever.

Maybe it is because it's punishment to learn the lesson that we are all connected and we each need to pass on our knowledge (uniqueness) so in death they are forced to interact and share with the living. So maybe the mechanism could be like an aspiration to resolve your "stuff" so you can move forward and it would be something like go to a festival together with the living sim. Or if not playing the ghost have them ask to do it with an event or rabbithole to ride in a rocket or whatever.

@nynvieealmere Yeah that sounds cool - I love the idea of ghost aspirations!
    Allons-y!

• BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    Ghost needs are things like being remembered and not forgotten. So, socializing with their loved ones should be one of those needs. Doing the things they enjoyed doing when they were alive. Good ghost can protect and help make their loved ones feel safe. Maybe they can protect their loved ones from things like Vampires or Bad Ghost. Maybe they need to have their loved ones care for their burial site. Neglected Ghost Sims become Bad Ghost. Bad Ghost will break pipes, break electronics and cause the lights to flicker. They will stack objects in an odd manor. They will knock things over. They will frighten your friends away. They can haunt a home or posses and attach themselves to an object such as a doll,

I think loved ones should decide where to bury their dead. They can chose Cemetery, Gravestone or Urn. Cemeteries should come with a chapel or a place to have an open casket funeral. Some Sims just need to see their loved ones and say their final goodbyes. It would help to hire grieving counselors to your funeral to help your Sims process their loss. Sims should also be able to throw funerals for their pets. Sims can make flower arrangements for Funerals.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2021
    Throw in a Netherworld and I’m in! Ghosts need some serious help in this game 👻
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love a Heaven & Hades Afterlife world with Angels, Demons, Mythology gods/goddesses, etc, etc. :p
  • There are so much they could do with improved ghosts that it's almost funny. Specific kinds of haunting for your ghost, like the water tap. The ghost could simply destroy it (small loss of ectoplasm) or it could absorb water and then for an hour or so, wherever the ghost goes, it would leave puddles of water in its wake, to other Sims joy. I don't even have to say what it would do with a fireplace.

And then ghost aspirations.. this would be something to implement. But would it be brand new goals or would the Ghost's aspiration in life be locked in, and once you complete it, the ghost will find peace?

I can't even begin to cover everything a controlled/uncontrolled ghost could do. But I like the idea of an ectoplasm meter depleting slower and slower as the ghost grows in strength. And I guess if you wanted zombies, a dark way would be for the ghost to visit a departed Sims grave. Too much for Sims?

Again, the possibilites would be plenty. It would make for one heck of a gamepack.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2021
    I would also like that Grim Reaper career, personally I voted for it. BTW nice picture of the Doctor I see that you're a fan Ten, Personally Eleven is my favorite, however Ten is still pretty high in my Doctor ratings.
    edited October 2021
    I would also like that Grim Reaper career, personally I voted for it. BTW nice picture of the Doctor I see that you're a fan Ten, Personally Eleven is my favorite, however Ten is still pretty high in my Doctor ratings.
    @temporalgod Nice to see a fellow whovian! Yeah, I love Eleven aswell, but Ten made me fall in love with the Doctor, so he'll always have a special place in my heart.

Wonderful suggestions everyone, I think there's a lot that can be done with sims after life for sure. I haven't had time to go through all the suggestions, in detail, but I definitely will at some point - I appreciate every single post. <3
    Allons-y!