Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playable ghosts in household?

bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
Hi folks,

So, I'm thinking of doing a Bachelor challenge with a supernatural twist in Sims 2, and I'm wondering if it's possible to have a ghost as a normal household member who interacts with others?

I realise I may need to create a Sim and then kill them off to do this, but is a ghost even permitted as a household member? If so, how do I go about it? Are there any restrictions play-wise?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    No, you can't. Ghosts cannot become members of the household. If you want to have that sim playable again, you'll have to resurrect them.

I have used testingcheats to make a ghost selectable. They have one interaction: Haunt. If you cancel that, they'll go back into their grave.
    So you'll have to use mods. I unfortunately don't know any, but I hope someone else knows.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    If you have Simpe you might be able to do it. There is a set of ghost features in the character sheet. I've frequently checked off the go through walls and objects for certain playable sims to reflect them having certain special abilities, which works just fine. I've not checked 'is ghost', even as a test, so cannot speak from experience. I think you will get a ghost, but have no idea if it would be controlable.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    If you have Simpe you might be able to do it. There is a set of ghost features in the character sheet. I've frequently checked off the go through walls and objects for certain playable sims to reflect them having certain special abilities, which works just fine. I've not checked 'is ghost', even as a test, so cannot speak from experience. I think you will get a ghost, but have no idea if it would be controlable.

Ghosts are not meant to be playable in Sims 2. I would highly recommend against making ghosts playable. Or making a living Sim a ghost in order to do so.

Just because you can do something in SimPE does not mean that it is wise to do so. You can make it to where you have to repair or reinstall the game and/or lose neighborhoods if you do the wrong thing. And you won't necessarily know right away either.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member