Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    How are things going with the camp? Anyone having problems --or tips to share?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @iampes23 I found a ref image for a cabin yesterday and now I’m extra excited to build this. Is is just me or do others build in their subconscious, in the background, while IRL is happening?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    @iampes23 I found a ref image for a cabin yesterday and now I’m extra excited to build this. Is is just me or do others build in their subconscious, in the background, while IRL is happening?

I've done that on occasion. Or sometimes I'll be out riding my bike and notice something interesting, then spend some time thinking how to work it into the game.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS121 - Breaking Out Of The Box

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member

I do that too, sometimes it gets really distracting - I nearly missed my stop when taking the bus more than once because I was mentally wrangling with a building idea.

My camp is... in construction and giving me hives but what else is new. It's been too long since I tried my hand at a competition (and never before a B&S). I love the new straw roofs but they tend to be tricky with strange black shadows where the straw meets the walls. No idea if that's a bug or a feature.

How is everyone else doing?
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    My camp is coming along. I used my childhood camp as my inspiration. I may have bitten off more than I can chew with a 64 X 64 lot size though...oh the landscaping! But I am actually not struggling with the budget that we have been given for this one, which is a nice surprise.
    @JojoMOMSTER I also daydream build IRL. The other night I had to quickly go add to my build, just in case I forgot my idea by morning :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019

I SO do this, too! And it is especially bad while I am trying to sleep! I am building away in my "dreams" and wake up ev en more exhausted then when I went to sleep!

@MorriSan: Welcome! We are very glad to have you!
    <3@SimTresa @MorriSan @AlJay @iampes23 <3

Thank you!

I feel much better now. As for my build, it is unfortunately still in the concept stage so we'll see how that goes.
  • Ninja_ZaydaNinja_Zayda Posts: 15 Member
    where do I put my entry?
    @Ninja_Zayda right here! See entry form on p. 1 cut &paste and fill it in. Don’t forget the hashtag on your gallery post.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Maybe someone here can help me ? =D

In part of my build the flooring dissapears at certain angles/distances and other angles/distances it just reappears....
    It is soooo annoying (you see all the furniture but see right through the floor, you can see the foundation(new stilt ones) and the ground of the lot.
    It's only in one part of the lot (only been in buildmode) and i don't know how to fix it o_O

Anyone familiar with this issue?
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Devilariah I had this happen to me in my last build, I fixed it by changing the floor tiles to sometihng different. It happened again after that and I again changed the floor tiles again. Sucks if you are doing someting special with the flooring though, but this did work for me.
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited July 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #122 Summer Camp

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Granite Falls Forest
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A2D14489AAC11E98C64D5D7447C5F1D?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $25,000
    GALLERY COST: $134,229
    TOTAL COST: $159,229
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/MwqHHnc
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Welcome to Camp Granite Falls. Where boys and girls can getaway from technology and the city, and reconnect with nature. There are boundless activities available to our campers. For the artistc campers, we have floral, wood working and painting classes. Outdoor enthusiasts? We have foraging, bee keeping, Fire making, and fishing classes available. We have a nice large river, calm enough to swim in! Need a break? Play some chess, challenge a camp mate to horse shoes, or cloud gaze.

Amenities-
    Indoor Dining Hall
    Separate Boys and Girls Cabins
    Full bathrooms with showers and bathrooms for boys and girls
    Wash basins and clothes lines for laundry Girls Laundry day- Sundays
    Nurses station on site
    Swim-able River

Activities-
    Campfires 3x a week
    Capture the Flag on Saturday Nights
    Skits/Open Mic Sunday Nights
    Camp Competitions! Tuesdays and Thursdays
    Bee Keeping Class- With honey extracting, and wax extracting included
    Foraging Class- Find out what flowers and foods are edible in the forest
    Floral Class- Use the flowers you gathered to make a lovely arrangement
    Cooking class- use the foraged food and Fish and learn to cook
    Fishing Classes- Learn to fish
    Wood Shop- Learn to build using wood collected in the forest
    Outdoor survival classes- Tracking, Fire Making, Knot tying, Fishing without a pole
    Games_ Chess, Horse Shoes, Darts
    Painting Classes
    Swimming.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

piQ2gJa.png
    hTRhDfk.png
    Post edited by KitelDesigns on
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Kementari wrote: »
    @Devilariah I had this happen to me in my last build, I fixed it by changing the floor tiles to sometihng different. It happened again after that and I again changed the floor tiles again. plum if you are doing someting special with the flooring though, but this did work for me.

Thank you! will try it, and yes sucky for my current floor :(
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #122 - Summer Camp
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Von-Windenburg Estate
    NEW LOT LINK: Ranger Ridge Summer Camp
    LOT COST:$12,000.00
    GALLERY COST:$186,999.00
    TOTAL COST: 198,999.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/leXIuzl
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Ranger Ridge Summer Camp is built overlooking the cliffs of the Windenburg Islands. The camp is filled with fun activities for the whole family. It has a boy's cabin and a girl's cabin, as well as a Chalet. You will find all the amenities that you need in the Chalet, as well as lodging for the staff.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1rjVXrW.png
    XD9EUfg.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @BuildnShare I have a question ...

When you state " Include Cabins or tents for at least 8 children" Does this mean you want 8 beds in each cabin ?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member

When you state " Include Cabins or tents for at least 8 children" Does this mean you want 8 beds in each cabin ?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

I took it to mean 8 beds for children on the lot, with some sort of roof over them. ^^; I divided mine into two sets of four, because (at least around here) summer camps frown on co-ed cabins, even for littles.
    Thank you @SimsIslandheart ..

I settled for 2 cabins with 6 beds each..And I also have a few tents..
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

You just need to have beds for at least 8 kids total - those can be divided throughout the build however you choose :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

You just need to have beds for at least 8 kids total - those can be divided throughout the build however you choose :)
    I’ll get started on mine tonight!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    Quick question; I'm about to start my entry, but I don't post pictures on the forums because it's a ton of effort. Is it okay if when I post mine I don't add pictures? (It'd still be on the gallery, of course.)

• 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited July 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Quick question; I'm about to start my entry, but I don't post pictures on the forums because it's a ton of effort. Is it okay if when I post mine I don't add pictures? (It'd still be on the gallery, of course.)

You should read the instructions of the entry form. A slideshow is required for the judges. They don't download the lot, just take a look at the pictures. So they won't be able to judge your entry without a ton of good pictures. ;)
    13Vader wrote: »
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

You should read the instructions of the entry form. A slideshow is required for the judges. They don't download the lot, just take a look at the pictures. So they won't be able to judge your entry without a ton of good pictures. ;)
    I did read the form though. I was asking just in case.

• MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    And I'm out. Sorry. After fighting with my photoshop for nearly ten hours I'm close to tears. I forgot why most of my builds have five pics tops in the description. Good luck to the others!
    @BuildnShare Thank you for the info..

Like I said - I made 2 cabins with 6 beds each, and I also have a few tents ..

In building this - I am amazed at how much I can put on the lot and still keep it inside budget..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top