Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires can't use dark meditation anymore?

2...Next

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    I tweeted this pic to @SimGuruNick and

pqX1Its.jpg

I think the theory that the game may always think the vamps are in water holds well...water. :p
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I tweeted this pic to @SimGuruNick and

pqX1Its.jpg

I think the theory that the game may always think the vamps are in water holds well...water. :p

Let's hope it doesn't get washed away in all the other tweets :p
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• vrtsmrvrtsmr Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG, I'm not alone! Thank you for sharing this! I just bought a bundle with Vampires and already feared that one of my mods broke dark meditation. Removed everything, was just about to check if it's still broken after wiping my new computer clean, reinstalling Windows and on a new save file.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I also had this issue!
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    edited June 2019
    A genius actually fixed it (and more) now though :D (again, so thankful)

http://modthesims.info/d/629124/vampire-s-power-amp-weakness-bug-fixes.html

So until Maxis themselves update the game, we can use this \o/
    You're Breathtaking!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Same. Tried to make the vampires do dark meditation last night and they just wave their hand in the air with a question mark bubble. They can still do everything else but dark meditation.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• TheOtherKeithTheOtherKeith Posts: 2 New Member
    Me too, both dark meditation and influence emotion are broken. It's great that modders are coming up with patches for this and the problem with the draught of reconfiguration, which hasn't worked properly for months. It's not so good that EA are creating bugs in the vampires pack, rather than fixing them.
  • RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    Being two months into the game, I rolled my first vampire today only to find out that it's broke. Does anyone know if a fix is in process or how I could find out? I understand that there's a mod that fixes some of the issue but I'd prefer not to go down that road, If a fix is not in play then I'd must assume request a refund on the pack.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I was wondering if dark meditation was fixed yet.
    Being two months into the game, I rolled my first vampire today only to find out that it's broke. Does anyone know if a fix is in process or how I could find out? I understand that there's a mod that fixes some of the issue but I'd prefer not to go down that road, If a fix is not in play then I'd must assume request a refund on the pack.

There's a non-mod work around, vampires can sleep in a bed or coffin and recharge their energy that way, it just takes longer like regular sims sleeping does.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »

Don't hold your breath.
    Stutum wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »

Don't hold your breath.

It's only been about a week and a half (it just feels longer) they'll fix it. The dev team has probably got a few fires to put out with launching a new xpack, that happens.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Me too, both dark meditation and influence emotion are broken. It's great that modders are coming up with patches for this and the problem with the draught of reconfiguration, which hasn't worked properly for months. It's not so good that EA are creating bugs in the vampires pack, rather than fixing them.

@TheOtherKeith what draught of configuration bug? They fixed it in this patch.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    izecson wrote: »

@TheOtherKeith what draught of configuration bug? They fixed it in this patch.

No, you may drink to reset the skilltree, but your old weaknesses (maybe not all, but definately some) and such will still remain in the background, your skilltree just won't show them.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • TheOtherKeithTheOtherKeith Posts: 2 New Member
    Now they've fixed it so that you can continue to gain powers after becoming a grand master vampire, you can eventually pick up all of the powers (that don't clash). The bug with the draught of reconfiguration that hasn't been fixed means that you can ?probably have all the weaknesses as well, if you fancy a challenge. I haven't really tested this but I'm guessing that you do get the new weaknesses you selected with the potion, as well as still being affected by the ones you got rid of.
    Sorry, I've taken us off topic with this.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Have we found a fix to this dark meditation issue yet? I'd rather not use mods as I'm on a laptop and my game already struggles the way it is, let alone with me adding things to it. I just recently made a vampire for the first time in a long time, but extremely disappointed that I'm not able to use dark meditation.
    giphy.gif
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Have we found a fix to this dark meditation issue yet? I'd rather not use mods as I'm on a laptop and my game already struggles the way it is, let alone with me adding things to it. I just recently made a vampire for the first time in a long time, but extremely disappointed that I'm not able to use dark meditation.

Not yet, I'm afraid. And mods don't work, not for me anyway.
  • LuckyissaraLuckyissara Posts: 22 Member
    I hope this gets fixed. I miss being able to use it
  • RanookRanook Posts: 2 New Member
    For some reason as well as dark meditation being broken i can't drink plasma from sims only plasma packs. Would this be a part of the bug too?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please Press 'Me Too' in this thread if Dark Meditation does not work for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/m-p/7955016#M91883

and also press 'Me Too' if Influence Emotions also does not work for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Influence-Emotion-no-longer-working/m-p/7955246#M91918

:)

Paradise planet was kind enough to link two reports over on AHQ for this issue in another thread so I'm going to go ahead and pop them here as well and close this off as we're not able to really do much for this on this forum I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top