Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims future competitor?

ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
edited June 2019 in Off Topic Chat
At last, a Sims competitor might be coming to town!

This game developer named Alex Masse is developing another life simulation game called Paralives. You can follow him on twitter @_amasse. He has a few GIFS of his progress, and it looks great so far. I am also supporting him on Patreon.

Features include:
-Advanced build tools
-An open world town
-Pets
-Seasons
-Complex character progression and AI
-Cars, bikes, skateboards
-Fully customizable towns, buildings and furniture
-Fun!

Here's an example!
image0000a.gif

Also, I know the graphics don't look amazing, but I don't think I need to remind people that it is very early in development. TS4 did not look like how it looks now while it was being developed.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif

Comments

• Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Definately going to keep my eyes on this one, thanks for the suggestion.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    I actually really love the art style/graphics haha.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Looks amazing! Makes me wish I was good at building houses, the art style is nice!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • LairaLaira Posts: 39 Member
    It looks really good. I'm following him, let's see where the game goes :smiley:

Founders' Fortune is also similar, though it's more of a colony game. And it's still free if you want to check it out.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    haha bye EA. Didnt they learn from simcity?
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    haha bye EA. Didnt they learn from simcity?

Haha I know right. I can't wait for EA to start sweating bullets.
    Laira wrote: »
    It looks really good. I'm following him, let's see where the game goes :smiley:

Founders' Fortune is also similar, though it's more of a colony game. And it's still free if you want to check it out.

I feel like Paralives will develop more into a Sim-like game than a colony simulator.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    At last, a Sims competitor might be coming to town!

This game developer named Alex Masse is developing another life simulation game called Paralives. You can follow him on twitter @_amasse. He has a few GIFS of his progress, and it looks great so far. I am also supporting him on Patreon.

Features include:
    -Advanced build tools
    -An open world town
    -Pets
    -Seasons
    -Complex character progression and AI
    -Cars, bikes, skateboards
    -Fully customizable towns, buildings and furniture
    -Fun!

Here's an example!
    image0000a.gif

Also, I know the graphics don't look amazing, but I don't think I need to remind people that it is very early in development. TS4 did not look like how it looks now while it was being developed.

The build on graphics come later and thanks for the info and will keep my eyes open.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2019
    What happened to the other one that was apparently a competitor? lol
    Lost and never found, most likely never even existed.

I wonder what the specs would have to be if the base game is like this. Or won't there be any DLC and that's all you'd get? Also how much it will cost if the base includes all this.
    If it's solid work I might try it out but I have no intentions ever to leave Sims. I've played since S1 and plan to keep going :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Simpkin wrote: »

I wonder what the specs would have to be if the base game is like this. Or won't there be any DLC and that's all you'd get? Also how much it will cost if the base includes all this.
    If it's solid work I might try it out but I have no intentions ever to leave Sims. I've played since S1 and plan to keep going :)

What other competitor?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    If it's strictly a life simulator and there won't be anything fun or occultish in it, then hard pass.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

What other competitor?

It was a short name. Mostly talked about in the off topics part of the forums a year or so ago.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't really have any interest in playing another life simulation game. I just like the Sims.
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Pfft, you call that competition? That's like if a person without legs tried to race Usain Bolt!
    If it's strictly a life simulator and there won't be anything fun or occultish in it, then hard pass.

lol wow
    Honestly, as loyal as I've been to The Sims, if something even better came out by a different studio, I'd be willing to try it and maybe switch to it if it was better. I hope this project succeeds, personally.

Unless the Sims goes back to being the great series it was before, I have no problem leaving what-so-ever. People can keep wasting their money. I know I won't.

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    For me it would just mean I get more of these types of games to play. As a 20 year fan I don’t plan on leaving sims if something new comes around. I’d just play both. I’m happy with sims 4 and I like the direction it’s going and I’d happily try a similar game. This looks cool and I’d be excited to play something new.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Woow. I have to keep my eye on this. Maybe this could add competition for the sims.
    I really love those ideas i see from those gifts.
    I hope so much that this would be a whole game in future and could even be better than the sims.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    surprised to see simmers so turned off to the idea! Some healthy competition could up their game, seems like a win-win for everyone

Exactly. I don't understand lol