Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unfinished hammock in Island Living?

Was messing around in sims 4 studio and I found this unfinished hammock that came in island living. it has no texture and its just a mesh, tucked away in game files somewhere i dont think its in debug mode

tumblr_inline_ptw3ktCOMm1vjjqys_1280.png

is it possible we might get hammocks and this wasn't finished in time like the island counters that are missing too?

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I was just talking to someone about a hammock oddly being M.I.A as it would fit in perfectly for this pack.

I want my mcguffin hammock (and hammock woohoo). :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They should go back and finish it. It would be a good addition to the game :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Why didnt they finish it?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Think the sims will just stare blankly into the distance like they do in the loungers? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was an unfinished world decoration. They seem to always make fun looking things into visual effects for the worlds. Either way, no I don’t think we will be getting one of these anytime soon or for free.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I’m pretty sure that’s world decor. I think I’ve seen it around in one of the neighbourhoods. Don’t remember which.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Hammocks confirmed. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Hammock WooHoo!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneuoVhaOH8
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Was messing around in sims 4 studio and I found this unfinished hammock that came in island living. it has no texture and its just a mesh, tucked away in game files somewhere i dont think its in debug mode

tumblr_inline_ptw3ktCOMm1vjjqys_1280.png

is it possible we might get hammocks and this wasn't finished in time like the island counters that are missing too?

What the f.......Dang it sims team....why? Finish it and add it to the EP content! Which is lacking. Plus hammock woohoo.

I'm really starting to believe this pack was left unfinished....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure that’s world decor. I think I’ve seen it around in one of the neighbourhoods. Don’t remember which.

It can't be world decor....it's not even textured. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Well that is depressing - really wanted hammocks. I loved Sims 2 hammocks - could relax, sleep, read, daydream, play, and woohoo.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Maybe they couldn't finish it in time and could be in a later update?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited June 2019
    Marnetti wrote: »

yeah i looked around the worlds of sulani really quick but i didnt really see anything (i looked very quickly, so if u see it pls let me know lol). and the other world objects that are completed and i've seen in the game were included in sims4studio. except this one, it caught my eye cause everything else from the shells to world decor they were all done except for this grey blob lol

edit: also, hammock woohoo would've been lots of fun! ahaha
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

I don't know but as a person it kinf of afraids me that they don't have time to finish a hammock. I may be the only one who's feeling ''weird'' because of it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

I don't know but as a person it kinf of afraids me that they don't have time to finish a hammock. I may be the only one who's feeling ''weird'' because of it.

I prefer to wish they just didn't add it because they thought everyone should have hammock even if they not at beach and they will update it

(but also I realize i probably get my dreams crushed this way and that could honestly be anything)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Well that's a bummer.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    Are you sure it is not a boat for Island Living? A hammock's probably not suited for an Island pack with only palm trees to support it. You are likely to get a coconut on your head. Death by coconut! :D

I suppose it wouldn't have been ready by the Pack's deadline so didn't get any further. The fact that it is even in the code is hopeful for it's inclusion in the future. (If it is a hammock)?

We do have a new counter in Island Living. Which ones are missing other than the counter island to go with it?
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    You are likely to get a coconut on your head. Death by coconut! :D

Well, that do sound kinda fitting for The Sims, doesn't it? :D Have too many negative moods while on a hammock, or use one in a storm and you get the chance for death by coconut!
    Simburian wrote: »
    Are you sure it is not a boat for Island Living? A hammock's probably not suited for an Island pack with only palm trees to support it. You are likely to get a coconut on your head. Death by coconut! :D

I suppose it wouldn't have been ready by the Pack's deadline so didn't get any further. The fact that it is even in the code is hopeful for it's inclusion in the future. (If it is a hammock)?

We do have a new counter in Island Living. Which ones are missing other than the counter island to go with it?

its called a hammock in the name when i hovered over it
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

Hammock WooHoo!

Wow that was fast.
    I wish they made this in the game. Seriously.. where lay there priorities?!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Export the mesh and texture and create one out of it as CC :)
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member

Hammock WooHoo!

Wow that was fast.
    I wish they made this in the game. Seriously.. where lay there priorities?!

Same. And obviously not with the very high priority that is Woohoo! :D Still waiting on that shower Woohoo aswell.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    My First Hammock Stuff Pack, Coming in Winter 2019

tbh id probably buy it if it came with several styles of hammocks and I could get my hammock woohoo back
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Export the mesh and texture and create one out of it as CC :)

someone did unlock it and put it as cc in the game, but didnt put a texture on it. it looks okay with in game lighting, doesnt look to bad, but the lack of texture is noticeable.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2019
    A hammock would need a *lot* of animation - a different lounging than the lounge chairs have (we sit differently), swaying, etc. Maybe they were initially looking at that *or* the lounge chair and did an initial start on both before choosing?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.