Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills too high!

Just moved to the Island and got a bill exceeding 200k! Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yikes! I haven’t experienced anything like that.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Oh wow. That's insane! Most I have gotten for a bill in my saves on Sulani were between 600 - 2K. Is it a larger lot you're on?
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I thought my bills at 12k was high living in one of the penthouses, but 200k... *gulp*
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Do you have a thermostat and is it switched on a lot? Thermostat seems to raise bills by quite a bit.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Wow that is way too high! Do you have any mods, some mods like MCCC can raise the bills if you have the settings wrong. Also check for a thermostat to be on, and make sure your lights are set to auto light so that they're turned off when no one's in the room both which bring down the bills.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Wow that is way too high! Do you have any mods, some mods like MCCC can raise the bills if you have the settings wrong. Also check for a thermostat to be on, and make sure your lights are set to auto light so that they're turned off when no one's in the room both which bring down the bills.

I didn't know keeping every lights on raised the bills, I thought the total amount of bills is based on percentage of objects value + thermostat stuff, maybe this is why i got higher bill when not using the autolight feature pretty recently.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    izecson wrote: »

I didn't know keeping every lights on raised the bills, I thought the total amount of bills is based on percentage of objects value + thermostat stuff, maybe this is why i got higher bill when not using the autolight feature pretty recently.

Lights on/off have no effect on the bill amount.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »

Really? I have been told many many times that auto lights has an effect on the bills so I started using it, but I prefer having them on all the time so if it doesn't I'll change that. My Sims living room gets much too dark with them off. Thanks :)
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    How big is the house :open_mouth:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    My sim lives in Del Sol valley and his house has 3 floors and 3 basement levels and his weekly bill using the central heating/cooling is almost 2 million simolians
    Vermatrix1 wrote: »
    My sim lives in Del Sol valley and his house has 3 floors and 3 basement levels and his weekly bill using the central heating/cooling is almost 2 million simolians

Wow, I had no idea that we could have more than 1 basement level...haha! And those taxes are crazy high!

> @SimAlexandria said:
    > Vermatrix1 wrote: »
    >
    > My sim lives in Del Sol valley and his house has 3 floors and 3 basement levels and his weekly bill using the central heating/cooling is almost 2 million simolians
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow, I had no idea that we could have more than 1 basement level...haha! And those taxes are crazy high!

That seems to be the current max for a house size, though, I don't see it getting much bigger than that. I thought the bill bug was fixed a few patches ago but I guess it was broken again. haha atleast we still have the motherlode cheat. Still, would be nice to get it fixed again for more normal bills.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Vermatrix1 wrote: »
    woah lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    The largest bill my Sims have ever received was after get famous, had my Sim stash $9.75 million in that safe. Bills went up from $11.k a week, to $388.k a week.
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Try clearing out your household inventory. I was experiencing astronomically high bills and emptying the inventory (took forever, especially as my game lagged on every. single. item.) brought them down by $70,000.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Wow, are you sure the island isn't located in California? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MegamiNyxMegamiNyx Posts: 24 Member
    I would like to see where your Sims are living where the bill is that high. Please post a screen shot!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Really? I have been told many many times that auto lights has an effect on the bills so I started using it, but I prefer having them on all the time so if it doesn't I'll change that. My Sims living room gets much too dark with them off. Thanks :)

I prefer auto lights because it's a bit more realistic.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

I prefer auto lights because it's a bit more realistic.

I like them for that reason too but it's a pain everytime I go to build mode to buy something and it's too dark to see where I am putting it lol
    MegamiNyx wrote: »
    I would like to see where your Sims are living where the bill is that high. Please post a screen shot!

06-30-19-3-58-00-PM.png

• danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    My sims tend to hoard inventory items like dragon fruit and masterpiece paintings and I've had and 80,000 dollar bill on a fairly simple 3 level house. Seasons definitely made it worse because they live in Oasis Springs where the cooling is on a lot...