Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs and issues in The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles.

Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
edited June 2023 in The Sims Medieval
I just discovered an irritating bug in the ambition: Peace Maker. After having tried several times, the last war quest will not count towards the final result, which should be 10 in total. Even though I play a tenth - and another - quest, the game still only counts 9. I hope we can get this fixed ASAP.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There are many quests left bugged and no there won't be a fix unless a modder somewhere wanted to try to fix some quests.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • bella2123bella2123 Posts: 7 New Member
    @Simsister2004 I can't download your Disney characters please help
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited November 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There are many quests left bugged and no there won't be a fix unless a modder somewhere wanted to try to fix some quests.

This isn't true. since I reinstalled the game a couple of months ago, it has been updated/patched several times. The fine bread no longer disappears from the baking line like before, and you can now build/change styles anywhere when visiting.

bella2123, could you please be a bit more specific about why you can't download them. Have you tried to install them from the CAS menu inside the game? Furthermore, they are for The Sims 4, not for The Sims Medieval.
    Cinebar wrote: »

This isn't true. since I reinstalled the game a couple of months ago, it has been updated/patched several times. The fine bread no longer disappears from the baking line like before, and you can now build/change styles anywhere when visiting.

bella2123, could you please be a bit more specific about why you can't download them. Have you tried to install them from the CAS menu inside the game? Furthermore, they are for The Sims 4, not for The Sims Medieval.

I don't have TSM tied to Origin, I bought it before Origin so I guess I do without any 'fixes' but my bread never disappeared anyway. I just remember some bugs about quests from the TSM site we used to be on and those guys aren't fixing anything. They no longer exists. Maybe when Origin updated it's DRM that just cleared out some of your bugs...but I've not heard of any patch for a few of the well known quests that remain broken.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar, as I told you the game is still being updated and fixed. As late as today I had it happen, but perhaps it only happens if you play it through Origin? This screenshot is dated 28-11-2017
    aR7lTOa.jpg
    edited December 2017
    This was the first patch TSM received in 2011, Unless you are getting notes about something being fixed then the only thing Origin is doing is renewing it's DRM in the game per patch. There were two more patches in 2011 but as far as I know Origin may be updating but it's not fixing the actual game but it's own DRM which Origin does often to many of their games.

http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.1 (Patch one)
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_Medieval/Patch_3 (Patch Three and version game should be)

I'll have to find the 2nd patch notes and patch if someone needs it and never got it.
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    I know personally I had to buy a new version of TSM when Origin came out b/c my game stopped working. However if I remember right there was 4 patches for the game. So if you don't want to buy a new copy you can go to a website called The Patches Scrolls. They have patches for TSM.
  • Dog_FlamingoDog_Flamingo Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the bug in "The Pit Beast Must Die"? I looked it up and found out that it is a common glitch, but I haven't found a way to fix it. The last part of the mission is to have a guy executed, but the Constable is glitched. He just stands next to a stock at the Judgment Zone and does nothing. If you click on him, you get all the options, but if you set your hero to one of them (like "chat"), the hero just stands there staring at him, because they can't interact. If this were any other Sims game, I'd just force error reset, but apparently you can't do that (or it is complicated). Someone suggested I moveobjects reset him, but the game won't recognize any version of that, and since you can't enter furnish mode at the judgement zone, it wouldn't work anyway. I read that if you go into testingcheats, you can reset your hero, but I couldn't find the file that they mentioned to do it, even after unhiding my hidden files. Now that I see this, I wonder if I'm fighting a losing battle, since this is that Peacemaker kingdom. Is it even worth it to fight to get this mission to work, if they're just going to glitch the war ending? (I already lost one kingdom for not ending the war, despite fulfilling all stated goals.) I'm so frustrated. I don't even know if it is worth it to continue the game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If you installed the game with Origin, the game file you need to access to enable TestingCheats will be in the Origin game folder. Look there. Once you have TestingCheats enabled, you can Shift+Click on the Constable and reset them.
  • LiiviiLiivii Posts: 2 New Member
    The sims in my game won't cook. I've tried multiple things but nothing works.
    edited November 2018
    Liivii wrote: »
    The sims in my game won't cook. I've tried multiple things but nothing works.

Different ingredients require different stoves, pots. And you have to have all the ingredients. Example, wheat bread/flat bread, requires a particular oven.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    At the very least, with a basic fireplace, even without any ingredients, your Sims should be able to cook gruel. Is that not available? Trying to find your problem.
  • alicseprin1984alicseprin1984 Posts: 5 New Member
    does any one know if the best in show ambition is bugged?
    I played it and got all of my knowledge health security and culture as high as they could go
    but the game auto completed and set my achievement at gold instead of platinum
    I usually have to click the little trophy to make the game finish the ambition early

does any one know why this happened or how to fix it
    I also have the origin version
    It wasn't bugged when I played it.
  • RosellafaithRosellafaith Posts: 10 New Member
    I would Love for a whole new mobile games like this I like it I could be a princess but who's the villian?
    We need a good storyline if this was made.
  • Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    Does someone know a fix for this Quest with the Ghost in a bottle with the Mage?
    He cannot mediting nether free the ghost.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top