Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lounge Chair Activities

Is it just me or can sims to very little while lounging? I thought they would be able to read or game on their iPad. At the very least listen to music but all they do is sit there as actions build up in their que.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    no its not just you, all they can do is 'relax'.

and I say 'relaxed' because my sim looks constipated and uncomfortable lounging on her lounge chair:
    tumblr_ptdaf0FWwu1xi5hclo1_1280.pnj

Admittedly you can do more with them with IL installed but it's only tan/sunburn but overall I found the lounge chairs kind of disappointing considering we waited 5 years for them.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You can relax and drink a drink while relaxing. That is all unfortunately. Hoping they patch this as it’s a real shame they can’t even talk to each other or read while relaxing.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's a total bummer. The animation they used for them has existed in the game for years too, it's just been unused. So it's really disappointing that they didn't even bother to make the necessary adjustments to allow for multitasking when they didn't even need to create the animation from scratch in short notice.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The lounge chair's lack of real multitasking is a glaring indication of how much effort went into creating the new world, and not into the small things that add so much to the game. Such as being able to read while lounging. A couple of years ago I believe SimGuruGraham said the reason why lounge chairs weren't in the base game was because they couldn't make them work with the multitasking that was supposed to make Sim life easier. I guess we should be happy the devs were able to add the drinking part. LOL
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    They can't do much. There's another thread for this too if you want to take a look for it. At least they can drink, but I want them to listen to music, read and TALK to the person beside them while lounging. Eating I don't care much about because I know myself that I can't do it in person either LOL! If I try I spill all over my clothes... Yeah, I can be a tad clumsy haha!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Is it just me or can sims to very little while lounging? I thought they would be able to read or game on their iPad. At the very least listen to music but all they do is sit there as actions build up in their que.

No it's not just you. It's sad but true. They can drink drinks on it,relax,sleep and sunbathe. Hoping the other stuff is added in an Update. They can't even chat with each other.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    You can relax and drink a drink while relaxing. That is all unfortunately. Hoping they patch this as it’s a real shame they can’t even talk to each other or read while relaxing.

They can’t even have a conversation!!!?? Is this the same for the towels as well???
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »

They can’t even have a conversation!!!?? Is this the same for the towels as well???

Nope, they can't talk while relaxing... I'm not sure about the towels, I haven't tried having them talk while on a towel yet but I'm loading up Island Living now so will try and report back shortly haha!
    Conclusion, no they can't talk while relaxing on towels either
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    At the very least I had expected relaxing on lounge chairs to help their fun or their tense mood but its really something that offers sims nothing at all, not even a moodlet
    Conclusion, no they can't talk while relaxing on towels either

Well that's disappointing.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The developers have not touched multitasking at all since they released the game. Not even once! They have repurposed the same postures for every piece of content that uses multitasking. I’m beginning to think they don’t know how to work on it, or maybe they’re scared touching it would bring the whole thing into an irreparable state of failure.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    l
    Techbilt wrote: »
    no its not just you, all they can do is 'relax'.

and I say 'relaxed' because my sim looks constipated and uncomfortable lounging on her lounge chair:
    tumblr_ptdaf0FWwu1xi5hclo1_1280.pnj

Admittedly you can do more with them with IL installed but it's only tan/sunburn but overall I found the lounge chairs kind of disappointing considering we waited 5 years for them.

Exactly. Their mood plays no part in their facial expressions which is weird for TS4. The sims look sad and disappointed. Maybe they know how much missed potential there was. :lol:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2019
    This honestly plums me off. The dev team didn't even try, it feels like. Absolutely laughable that this is considered an AAA game. I would at least expect the sims can read on the chair, and chatting with other sims - at least!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    This is dumb. I'm also really frustrated that kids can't ride the jet skis or whatever they care called in the game. I had a father and daughter o snorkelling together. He to the jetty and she swam there!!! She couldn't even ride on back. I'm a little disappointed with this neighbourhood TBH.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Good news there is a mod that adds socializing but bad news is I can't find the link yet.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    :( I am so tired of adding mods to my game. But I will need this one for sure. Once I have the rest of my updated mods in place and fully tested, I might be able to play for more than a few minutes at a time. I should have waited until all my mods were updated before buying Island Living. This waiting is pure torture.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    Good news there is a mod that adds socializing but bad news is I can't find the link yet.

It's not adding socializing to the current lounge chair as far as I know, it is functional only in lounge chair from that mod, the same mod available long before island living. @catloverplayer
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think it is this mod.
    http://modthesims.info/d/559380/functional-lounge-chair.html

e7DcoOe.png

I believe the yellow lounge chair came with the free update.
    Yes I was mistaken. I thought it worked with ith IL lounge chairs.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Why can't kids suntan? That seems really stupid to leave them out of getting a suntan or burn.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Why can't kids suntan? That seems really stupid to leave them out of getting a suntan or burn.

I was disappointed with that too.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    They can eat while sitting on the side of the lounge chair
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It’s disappointed. They could have added the lounging animation to beds as well, allowing our sims to read on their beds or use their phones or laptops.

Also yes I think it’s very of that sims can’t talk while lounging or even read while lounging. Also is there a “put on sunscreen option” because I haven’t seen any, no wonder they get sunburnt!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    They can eat while sitting on the side of the lounge chair

To do that they have to stop relaxing and use the lounge chair as a normal chair. So what is the point of having a lounge chair then? They should be able to do things while lounging like talk to each other, read a book or listen to music.