Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you disappointed that diving is just a rabbit hole?

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I haven't really seen many people constantly using the diving lot from The Sims 3 fourms. It is a surprise to me that majority of them are disappointed!

Actually because you may not seen many use it do not get it twisted as that was an option and to just wipe out that is disappointing.

Yes it's an option for The Sims 3.

But you can't really be surprised at this point as The Sims 3 doesn't have everything that The Sims 2 had. It is going to be the same for The Sims 4 - it's not going to have everything that The Sims 3 had. But these games do have some new features that the previous game never had!

Since you want to know of course Sims 3 was not going to include everything that Sims 2 had but what EA/Maxis did was expand on Sims 2 and not do what they did to Sims 4 and cut every feature to bare nothing. Now Sims 4 has few features that are worthy and that is left to the eye of the beholder so for me the features you are talking about for me are executed poorly if anything. In all the other games I played in an series it was an combination of old and new and some old features may not make the cut but all features from an old version was not cut like it was with Sims 3 and EA/Maxis will never get kudos for this game as they developed Sims 3 and didn't properly tweak it nor this version as well. Another thing seeing just bubbles where is the enjoyment in that?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Yes I am disappointed
    Nindigo wrote: »

But you can't really be surprised at this point as The Sims 3 doesn't have everything that The Sims 2 had. It is going to be the same for The Sims 4 - it's not going to have everything that The Sims 3 had. But these games do have some new features that the previous game never had!

I agree and think this is a wise statement. Is there at all any focus on what Sims 4 does have, that Sims 3 didn't? I wish that Sims 4 could just be received and appreciated as the standalone game that it is.

It will never be as long as people have free will and the right to express what they would like to see in thier game. It goes beyond what SIms 3 had as some are looking at the value of the pack and not just what it offers. The value of that pack is determined by the user and what I mean is that if I see the pack and it is not worthy to be $40 I will just wait and buy it at an price I am comfortable. It may be your wish but is not mine.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yeah I am disappointed. You'd think this far into the game I wouldn't take promotional pics for the "law" for what will be offered in game. But seeing this pic, I really thought we'd have underwater swimming and scuba diving like in Sims 3. As well as active life guard career.

nnB0Zbb.jpg

Yes, the cover is designed to catch the eye and get you to buy the pack and if you are quick to catch on what happening with that picture some will for it and rush an get it. The cover has an lot of candy for the eyes and I never fall for it as I wait for reveiws, playthroughs and such. Not only game developers do this this is done with movies as well.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    they just cut off so many stuff from Island Paradise to be able to add Summer related stuff that should have been part of Seasons...
  • tnb494tnb494 Posts: 247 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    But I understand that it might of caused the game to be too buggy
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No, it does not bother me.
    At the very beginning they mever advertise this feature so I dont expect it. I expect the pack to be different with IP, and have a different set of features. Similar Theme but each has different focus.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Not really. Sims 3 also had tons of rabbit holes and I rather have a stable game we can actually play. At most, it was just be a pretty space to look at but that would be about it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I'm not disappointed cos I was never that enthralled with diving in ts3 anyway. I did it a few times and, yes, it was pretty but then i thought it was a lot of resources for not much outcome.
    edited June 2019
    Yes I am disappointed
    tnb494 wrote: »
    But I understand that it might of caused the game to be too buggy

Actually with technology as advanced as it is today it hard to tell if anything will be buggy and if Sims 5 was to come up they probably will think that it will be buggy as well. For me all I want an program to do is have the performance scale to what my systems consists of if I am using high end CPUs and GPUs as well as huge amount of ram please scale to that and not handicap me and treat my systems like an low end system and above anything else please tweak the game in an timely manner which was one of the problems in Sims 3 and I had to pay for it with Sims 4 which does not scale to any system. Also as far as certification goes EA/Maxis can certify their systems and not those in the wild for there are many systems with different configuration even though it may contain the proper main compoments.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yes, I'm disappointed and I've never played Sims 3 Island Paradise.
  • Scorp_ionScorp_ion Posts: 18 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yep....Watching bubbles rise up from the water and occasionally coming back with a collectable is not gameplay. Even if we could see what they're doing in there, that would be a big step up. You see the beautiful ocean floor in some parts of the island from above the water, why can't we go there ??
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    I'm not only disappointed, I'm angry I was lead to belief that it was going to be something new and legit to explore. The Mermaids are nothing but a clothing change. This game will never make me happy.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Uh, yes.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes I am disappointed
    I think it’s an absolute travesty that mermaids can do LESS in the water (physical interaction - not talking socials here) than human sims?!?! What is going on there? What’s the point in adding them then?! If you’re not going to implement something properly in a pack then don’t add it at all!! Rabbit hole diving is just rubbing salt in the wound IMO and I refuse to have any of my Sims do it. I can just find the collectibles on the beach after all. I’ve been pretty shocked and upset about the way that this iteration is going but this is the first time where I’ve actually felt disillusioned with the game and ripped off. At least with City Living there were skills and multiple semi-interactive careers to do.

Aliens are pretty lacklustre in terms of abilities/powers too but at least they came with their own special lot, tombstone and baby bassinet. Mermaids received none of those features!
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited June 2019
    I haven't really seen many people constantly using the diving lot from The Sims 3 fourms. It is a surprise to me that majority of them are disappointed!

Actually because you may not seen many use it do not get it twisted as that was an option and to just wipe out that is disappointing.

Since you want to know of course Sims 3 was not going to include everything that Sims 2 had but what EA/Maxis did was expand on Sims 2 and not do what they did to Sims 4 and cut every feature to bare nothing. Now Sims 4 has few features that are worthy and that is left to the eye of the beholder so for me the features you are talking about for me are executed poorly if anything. In all the other games I played in an series it was an combination of old and new and some old features may not make the cut but all features from an old version was not cut like it was with Sims 3 and EA/Maxis will never get kudos for this game as they developed Sims 3 and didn't properly tweak it nor this version as well. Another thing seeing just bubbles where is the enjoyment in that?

I disagree with the "expand" part. If they really expand The Sims 3 from The Sims 2 judging from a 2009 base game to a 2004 base game. Where was exterminators? Where was gardeners? Where was aliens? Where was diving boards? Where was hot tubs? Where was the memory system? Where was the weed growing in the backyard? Where was special event camera?

Like I said previously, you should never be surprised at this point.

Edited: The features are not "poorly executed" if you don't compare them to a previous game. The create a sim? Three wall heights? Foundation heights? Genetics to create a parent or sibling? Brand new animations? Yeah... "poorly executed"
    Post edited by FlyingPotato659 on
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    ...seeing just bubbles where is the enjoyment in that?
    *points finger* I'll have you know that I enjoy my amazing bubbles, thank you. *hic*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yeah I am disappointed. You'd think this far into the game I wouldn't take promotional pics for the "law" for what will be offered in game. But seeing this pic, I really thought we'd have underwater swimming and scuba diving like in Sims 3. As well as active life guard career.

nnB0Zbb.jpg

You should never focus on renders, they have been doing that for years even back in The Sims 2 days.

20040624-art5.jpg

IKR! But they got me this time. lol smh But that one you posted from Sims 2. I've never seen that one! Pretty awesome!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yes, I'm disappointed. Why would you have it if you can't follow your sim around? You lose the immersion factor without it.
    edited June 2019
    Yes I am disappointed

I disagree with the "expand" part. If they really expand The Sims 3 from The Sims 2 judging from a 2009 base game to a 2004 base game. Where was exterminators? Where was gardeners? Where was aliens? Where was diving boards? Where was hot tubs? Where was the memory system? Where was the weed growing in the backyard? Where was special event camera?

Like I said previously, you should never be surprised at this point.

Edited: The features are not "poorly executed" if you don't compare them to a previous game. The create a sim? Three wall heights? Foundation heights? Genetics to create a parent or sibling? Brand new animations? Yeah... "poorly executed"

We can agree to disagree as you and I have different ideas on how an game in an series evolve. Sims 3 was not perfect and they still did not cut Sims 3 like they did Sims 4. No matter what you post about Sims 4, Sims 4 will always be the lesser program for me as Sims 3 may be for you. Actually some features can be compared and that is what I am basing IL on as it is my choice is it not? I can't tell you how to make your choices and what to base them on. What I will never be surprised about Sims 4 any more is the half baked features for me. However, enjoy your game for what it is worth to you and I will enjoy mine for what it is worth to me.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Yes I am disappointed
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    ...seeing just bubbles where is the enjoyment in that?
    *points finger* I'll have you know that I enjoy my amazing bubbles, thank you. *hic*

*hic* then enjoy them *hic* :)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I found underwater diving in Sims 3 kind of boring, diving to me was just a reskinned collection, except instead of searching for things on land you did it underwater, and it was deadlier. I will say though I am dissapointed by the fact that we don't have any under water lot types what so ever, I would've loved to build an underwater groto for my mermaids to live in/chill.

Bottom line, I'm not dissapointed by the absence of real diving, they seemed to subsitute the diving with enough other game play that makes more sense for what the pack is called, "Island Living," and by the looks of it, living on Sulani is quite a different experience than living in the other worlds on offer in Sims 4.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yes, I didn’t realize how much I would miss seeing sims swim underwater. :(

Sadly, I’m still not going back to Sims 3. I just don’t like that particular Sims iteration, unfortunately. So, I’m pretty stuck if I want mermaids and tropical stuff.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,

Some posts have been removed from here. Let's remember to keep the discussion about the game and not about what you think of others or what other people should think.
  • Maho-GamerMaho-Gamer Posts: 94 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yes. Mermaids have become 1000% less interesting because of this.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yes I am disappointed
    I returned many times to Sims3 because of this particular feature, I love it even if I am scared by the sharks :D So yes, big disappointment.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top