Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Like In Sims 4 That Sims 3 Doesn't Have?

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    There are a lot of things I’m glad are in sims 4. I actually prefer it a bit to sims 3 (3 still makes me computer mad and it plays 4 on ultra). The best things I will list:

- The art style: I just love the worlds and the sims themselves. The amount of CC I used in 3 was sad because I didn’t like the way the sims looked (oh pudding faces). Even with CC in 4 I use maxis match and I use it as a way to add to what is there not to make the sims look better.

-The CAS: has it ever been easier to make whatever sim you want? Also the sims team got a bit more fashionable even if some of the clothes are a bit odd most are very nice.

-The build mode: I can build houses that don’t look like boring squares because it’s so user friendly. I actually have enjoyed building this time around.

-multitasking: can be a bit off sometimes but this is the reason I have such a hard time going back to 3. This is one of the best features of 4.

-seamless worlds: I can visit any world I want to with a simple loading screen and I love that. I hated the restriction of one world in sims 3 I felt so trapped even with the larger worlds.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Clubs, club activities, and make-your-own holidays. And once I got used to the new build mode, I found I preferred it to the old one, even though I liked building in the previous 3 games, too.

Parenthood activities; these toddlers are sooooo adorable!

Best. vampires. EVAH! though currently bugged up the wazoo, alas. It's the first time I've enjoyed vampires. Had a blast!

But I loooooove the clubs. Used to have a family club per household, to help with skilling up. (Don't really need that anymore...) I also use it so cousins of the same age can go on outings together, etc. etc. Very handy, clubs. I have something like 48 of them all told... :lol:

I wish we could choose any activity possible in TS4 for a holiday tradition, & I wish there were more icons (I know there are mods for that, but I prefer to use only a few mods), but even so-- I love being able to make my own holidays. That's a nice, sandbox-type option, & it makes me happy.
  • DoomBunny2646DoomBunny2646 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really like that the sims seem to have more personality, the bookish sims like reading books, the foodies and cooks like to make stuff in the kitchen. I only wish my sims would stop messing around on the computer all the time.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Best vampires so far. Multi tasking. CAS, love it. Build mode, can't get enough of it. How easy it is to go from build to buy to live mode. I like silly little things like emotional deaths, popcorn makers, bat woohoo and dog training. Alien abductions, the science career, doctor career, oh ok all of the active careers. Forgotten Hollow and Dolphins, it's all about the dolphins at the moment :) And volcano's....but not so much.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The ability to create DNA parents and siblings from your Sim!

I used this to back-create parents and grandparents for a Sim, and it changed how I approach household creation forever.

For me, though, the ability for my same-sex couples to use in-game custom gender options to have their own biological family without third party mods is huge. Nothing against NRaas, but my original TS3 couple didn't want to adopt, and I never had mod-enabled gaybies with them. Apparently, they were waiting for TS4.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't even know where to start
    but I think first thing I thought about was

being able to move whole houses and rooms after making them !!!
    I recently tried to play ts3 and had really hard time not being able to use that
    because i tend to make lots of bad choices while building :sweat_smile:

also my computer didn't really run ts3 so I suppose I am really happy about ts4 running much better

I probably belong in minority too but I was not fan of open world I like the feeling of closed off space
    in ts3 I always felt like small insignificant dot :joy: especially in water because it was sooooo deep
    though loading screens are also rather sad i just want to be closer to my sims really

I also like the artstyle and cas in ts4 I really hated how sims looked in ts3
    because for me they always looked middle aged since toddler :joy:

being able to go to restaurants, spas, cafes, stores etc in ts4 is also fun
    because if I remember right those were all rabbit holes in ts3

and there is probably thousand other things I love but it would take whole day
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited June 2019
    Some of the features I like. In no particular order.

Travel between worlds
    Switch aspirations without losing progress in previous aspiration
    Veterinary career
    Character values
    Gallery
    Clubs
    Retail
    Restaurants
    Plant evolution
    Herbalism skill
    Scientist career
    Lot traits
    Odd jobs
    Holidays
    Strangerville: Story based game-play
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    The toddler imaginations:
    80ueocK.png

To me, this was a wonderful touch. The toddlers have never had imaginations like this before and they feel more like real toddlers with tiny details like this.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2019
    I still prefer earlier games but I like how looking after multiple toddlers are easier in The Sims 4. In earlier games I had to feed each toddler one by one by either giving them a bottle or putting them in the high chair. It was the same situation with putting toddlers to bed I had to pick up each toddler individually and put them in the crib and they also needed help getting back out the crib.

I also like how you can change multiple sims hair and clothes together in CAS. In earlier games I had to go to the wardrobe to change clothes and the mirror to change appearance for each sim. Sims 4 CAS is easier for when you've just aged up multiple sims and you need to set their clothes and hair.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    The easy access to the Gallery and how user friendly it is. I feel like because of that more players are sharing their builds. You dont have to be afraid, to accidentally get some cc from the exchange anymore.

Manage Household feature, really useful and quick if you want story progression.

The towns feel alive. Espacially with city living and cats&Dogs. You always see sims walking around.

That community lots are actually populated. I absolutly hated the empty lots in the sims3 and it was such a ghost town were you would only see birds and taxis.

Gamepacks are such a nice idea. So glad that the overpriced store is not in the sims4 anymore. I would even take stuff packs over the store at all time. Anyone remember the restaurant set from the sims3 store... yikes!

• TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    1. create a holiday tool - I like it for the options it allows for but its one of those I never really do holidays, so I miss it but I dont if only to just get rid of holidays and keep weather.
    2. clubs... idk I'm torn on this because I could take it or leave it when I play the older games I don't really miss it all that much but it is a nice touch.
    3. Moving the whole build/room
    4. the gallery
    5. body types - I've only played around with this once, I don't use it often but I like that its there.
    6. toddlers are really good in this game, they are a challenge and I absolutely welcome more challenge in the game.
    7. Vampires are really fleshed out as well.
    8. Aspirations - again torn on this because it does keep track of where you are in acheiving it but my play style is to zip through a lifetime wish/aspiration then change it after I'm done. SO I can see why people appreciate it its just not something I miss when I go to play older games.
    9. The world is beautiful but I thought 2 and 3 were beautiful in their own right. though for different reasons. again something I appreciate but not something I miss when I go back to older games.
    10. I do like being able to plan outfits and hair with only sending one sim to a mirror/dresser I really miss this!!!!!
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    The veterinarian career! I wanted that for so long! I can finally live my childhood dream! Only much cuter (being a vet in real life is anything but cute! My kid self didn't know better).

Now, if they could just bring back the daycare career!

I also like the option to have two jobs. I'm totally not making my little sims suffer because I have to. Nope. Not doing that.

*sends overtired sim to work their second shift*
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    You all mentioned so many things I love more about sims 4 but I also think it’s more rotational play friendly-er than before. I love how easy it is to move and split households.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    So many things, most of which have already been mentioned.

But did anyone say maternity clothing? Being able to wear anything and also being able to plan outfits while pregnant is great.

Also, the scientist career! Love it.

I also love that pets are not controllable, although that probably isn't a popular opinion.

The kids pirate ship, voidcritters and puppet theatre.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @elanorbreton I'm actually with you on the pets front. I have my moments when I don't want to control them and am just happy to let them do their own thing. I never controlled them with cheats in Sims 2. It is nice to see them doing this autonomously more often. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    So many things, most of which have already been mentioned.

But did anyone say maternity clothing? Being able to wear anything and also being able to plan outfits while pregnant is great.

Also, the scientist career! Love it.

I also love that pets are not controllable, although that probably isn't a popular opinion.

The kids pirate ship, voidcritters and puppet theatre.

yeah same opinion on pets because real pets can't be controlled either so it feels more realistic for me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I love multitasking. I've taken it for granted a few times and gone to play Sims 2 or 3 and realized how much I miss multitasking when I play them instead. I know many hate it, but I love the emotions system and the "zombie" walk the teens get when they are angst-y. I know that Sims 3 had festivals, but they weren't anything like the ones we got in City Living and I believe I like the Sims 4 ones much more. My favorite is the "yard sale" one. I like to buy the furnitures there and pretend my sim is fixing them up and reselling them. I don't know if its common knowledge but when you buy them at the festival they are cheaper than buying them new and so long as you don't place them on your lot, they well for new item prices so you can make a little money with your less than rich sims. Its not a lot of money but its a good and quick way to make 8-9 hundred total.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    Good voice type for sims especially Clear voice for male, and litted for female, dislike the Melodic one for female.
    in sims 3, i dislike most of the voice options
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The sims movements are more fluid, that's it, that's all.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    For me, the feeling of achievement. My time with Sims 3 felt largely a grind with some fun moments, but with Sims 4 it feels like fun moments with the occasional grind. Career promotions, Skill leveling, and progress in most fields, feels far more rewarding in this iteration, which is probably why I've played for hundreds of hours lol
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes! What everyone else said! So many things!

Plus... Diversity! <3
    #Team Occult
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm constantly reminded of things. The gender costumization is awesome too. A guy can't get normally pregnant (a terrible thing, isn't it?) in Sims 3 without using several mods (thanks NRaas Industries). I'm a lazy gamer and getting more and more used to being able to do everything with little to no effort. In other words, a perfect specimen of the modern human.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    What I know I like in Sims 4 that Sims 3 didn't have (for the limited time I played and more things I learned) is...

An art style that appeals to me... both in the sims themselves and the world.
    Sim bodies, musculature and fat with gradual gain or loss depending on lifestyle.
    CAS push/pull.
    I really didn't like those opportunities or the noises/visuals that came with things like that. I felt they had to be done even if they didn't. So to word it differently I guess I like that my sims lives don't feel directed except through my choices for them. I'm sound sensitive so that could be part of it.
    Pregnant clothes variety, hats with the sims hair style.
    Animations that are fluid and engaging. Along with a world that is engaging and lively around my sims.
    I love the eye tracking that someone mentioned earlier. Send my sims jogging and they look around. Send them out and people passing look at them or others.
    Traveling to do something with your sim without tanking their needs. Build on the fly options are also a great help there... because you can green up without going back home from the base game.
    The always welcome trait lol.. can't help it it's a favorite.
    Aspiration switch (didn't know this was possible for months).
    The ease and peace of mind that the gallery added (not having to browse). I have at my fingertips many options to change my sims world pretty quickly.
    Building ease for basically a non-builder. I can take an existing build and pull, push or move it around very easily. Great for someone that doesn't want to invest hours in building and just wants to get in and play ASAP.
    Less rabbitholes in general. Options with many careers.
    Multitasking of course. My sims feel more alive.
    Feeling attached to my sims and not feeling like I'm a hovering god or city creator .. I know that's subjective but I feel like I'm with my sims in this game and in the end that's why I couldn't play 3. That involves a combination of things experienced while playing though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I agree with everything everyone has said here. The thing that makes me enjoy Sims 4 over Sims 3 is...
    -the overall look of the game.
    -less performance issues (despite the bugs my game hasn't crashed yet and there is no lag).
    -the ease of build mode and being able to build lots in live mode. I was playing Sims 3 the other day and wanted to make some adjustments to a lot and forgot I had to go into the menu and edit neighborhood instead of just jumping into it. I got annoyed and quit. Sims 4 has spoiled me when it comes to build mode.
    -the Vampire and Fame leveling setup and separate supernatural forms.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Multitasking! Sadly, I think this is the root of several bugs in the game, and it takes a lot of resources to get new content to work with it, so I feel like they'll get rid of this in TS5, similar to how they decided not to do open world with TS4

The parenting system in Parenthood. I want this to be a staple in future games, and maybe tie into how kids develop their main traits, and not just reward ones like "responsible" and "compassionate".

The club system from GT. It's a great sandbox tool. This should also be a staple in future games.

How toddlers were done. They were already fantastic when they were introduced in TS4. And I think their initial exclusion made the developers very mindful of them when developing DLC, because most packs now have something for the toddlers. Meanwhile, TS3 pretty much neglected them

The click and drag sculpting in CAS. This is genius.

I like how bodies look in this game. Like they have a sort of realistic texture based on your sim's fat and muscle. In TS3, sims with high muscle definition have permanent abs, which looks bizarre on fat sims. In TS4, if your sims have no fat and no muscle, they have this emaciated look where you can even see their spinal column.

Terrain sculpting. I saw the stream for it and I like how much thought they put into it. And how they added support for varying foundation heights alongside it. I don't build much, but I love having more options for homes, and seeing builders make fantastic creations out of these tools

Good hair choices in DLC. I have all the EPs and some SPs for TS3, and I don't use most of the hairstyles in my game. I even had to get a few ones from the store that I like. There aren't as many atrocious hair choices in TS4 IMO, so my sims have a wider range of styles
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?