Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Sorry @Cinebar I just went into your thread to see if you had anything new to offer but it was just the same as usual. I had put you on ignore so won't answer any replies. Good luck for Sims 5 though. :)
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I just want the game to be completed for sims 4 players so they will be happy and content with the game when it does end. the last thing i want is for them to feel like "that's it?" when sims 4 officially does end. But honestly at this point, my expectations of the next sims game is extremely low.

I get the impression though, that TS4 simmers will never feel that it's complete even when it will be, not because of them, but because of the nature of the game itself - it lacks many rich gameplay mechanics for a whole variety of reasons, but mainly because its game engine isn't capable of doing or handling a whole lot.

And notice how there is less and less in each pack coming out now? I'm quite dreading the upcoming packs. What great stuff are they going to exclude from them because the game engine can't handle it?

Yeah, I can't wait for EA to put TS4 out of it's misery and move on to TS5.

I agree, so far almost every pack has been a watered down version of sims 3 or 2. Island living looks pretty but what else is there he besides being a mermaids, snorkeling in a rabbit hole, and cleaning up junk off an island? Anyway, I won't be purchasing sims 5 if it's the same old rehashed stuff with lesser effort/gamplay. We have been supporting this game for years now. pets, seasons, university need to be part of the base game by now, there's no reason for us to continue buying the same expansions over and over when some of them can be core features. At this point sims franchise feels like Madden, same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but less than before and if that's case then sims 3 is where I stop with the franchise.
    giphy.gif

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I can honestly say I'm not really looking forward to the end of TS4 and I pray they don't make a TS5. The only posts I ever see in the Sims community these days are along the lines of "I want...." "I want..." "What EA should have done..."
    There could be thousands of reasons why this that and the other didn't make it to the final product. Given that the game was developed from the base of an abandoned project, I should think time was a big factor. I can almost envision the angry simmers "Where's TS4? You promised us TS4 last year. WHY ISN'T IT HERE?" etc. Then the complaints would roll in about it not being enough, even if swimming, toddlers and ghosts had made it from the beginning. This happens in other gaming communities but I have noticed that the last couple of years have got worse with simmers screaming about what they want.

I wonder how many simmers say 'Thanks' when a Guru answers a question on Twitter? Not many, I'll bet. Given the lack of "thank you"s when somebody shares some CC, I can see that manners aren't a priority any more. Shouting like spoilt toddlers about what they want is in, apparently.

Sorry but if TS4 hasn't panned out the way you want, why do so many keep buying it? I realise this is an unpopular opinion but I'm entitled to my opinion on this one too. At the end of the day, loads of you hate TS4 with an apparent passion since you can't seem to find any redeeming qualities. So how come so many of you who seem to despise it keep buying the packs? Nobody's forcing you to do it and if you're really that passionate about it, doesn't that send a more direct message to EA as a company if you withhold the money, rather than slagging them off on the forums for a game you didn't like in the first place?

I get that people were disappointed when the base game came out. If the quality of packs hasn't, in your opinions, improved, why still buy and then complain about it? How about you just don't buy it and go back to Sims 3.

On a side note, it's funny how many people now consider Sims 3 an amazing, full and complete game. Not that many years ago, the "I want..." threads were aimed at that. Funny that.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I can honestly say I'm not really looking forward to the end of TS4 and I pray they don't make a TS5. The only posts I ever see in the Sims community these days are along the lines of "I want...." "I want..." "What EA should have done..."
    There could be thousands of reasons why this that and the other didn't make it to the final product. Given that the game was developed from the base of an abandoned project, I should think time was a big factor. I can almost envision the angry simmers "Where's TS4? You promised us TS4 last year. WHY ISN'T IT HERE?" etc. Then the complaints would roll in about it not being enough, even if swimming, toddlers and ghosts had made it from the beginning. This happens in other gaming communities but I have noticed that the last couple of years have got worse with simmers screaming about what they want.

I wonder how many simmers say 'Thanks' when a Guru answers a question on Twitter? Not many, I'll bet. Given the lack of "thank you"s when somebody shares some CC, I can see that manners aren't a priority any more. Shouting like spoilt toddlers about what they want is in, apparently.

Sorry but if TS4 hasn't panned out the way you want, why do so many keep buying it? I realise this is an unpopular opinion but I'm entitled to my opinion on this one too. At the end of the day, loads of you hate TS4 with an apparent passion since you can't seem to find any redeeming qualities. So how come so many of you who seem to despise it keep buying the packs? Nobody's forcing you to do it and if you're really that passionate about it, doesn't that send a more direct message to EA as a company if you withhold the money, rather than slagging them off on the forums for a game you didn't like in the first place?

I get that people were disappointed when the base game came out. If the quality of packs hasn't, in your opinions, improved, why still buy and then complain about it? How about you just don't buy it and go back to Sims 3.

On a side note, it's funny how many people now consider Sims 3 an amazing, full and complete game. Not that many years ago, the "I want..." threads were aimed at that. Funny that.

I've had nearly 10,000 downloads to date of houses I built and only got thanks a few times but loads of Favs. I've taken all the houses off now and back to the millions of uploads/downloads error on the Gallery. Maybe I broke it as they closed the Gallery for maintenance a day later!

I keep buying it as I enjoy it. I could make a story out of a couple of boxes, bricks and a few dolls when I was young though. Maybe people don't have imaginations any more, just logical minds that need goals.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This pack is sold at $40. I want you to think about it. The same cost of the base game. It's mermaids are not that great, not as good as those in the past ... It comes with one new full career, hello, the past EPs of this sort of type came with four or five. One aspiration or two? Again past EPs came with four or five.

These unproductive comparisons really bug me.

I get that people prefer IP's underwater activities to how IL remains stuck to the surface. But without invoking diving (because that's a separate activity that any sim could do), please explain how IP mermaids are better than IL ones. Most of what I've heard has preferred the IL mermaids.

Then there's the focus on arbitrary thresholds for trivial content. Comparing the number of rabbithole careers in different game versions (when rabbithole careers are easy to churn out and frankly boring "content"), comparing LTWs to sims 4 aspirations (again, wishes/whims are easy to create and we don't need a glut of them), and in other threads the number of occult types (when many of the earlier ones felt thrown together because they were obligatory for a pack at that point) is barking up the wrong tree. They could release TS4: rabbithole careers and extra aspirations stuff pack without working too hard, I don't see that meaningfully changing the game at all.

I can understand people who are upset with the shallowness of TS4 content. (Although again, that's a very good reason to want Maxis to take their time to get TS5 done right.) The things TS4 has gotten right have been their new ideas, though. I don't see how it'll help to try remaking the wheel, and I certainly don't see how it'll help shoveling on filler content just to get pointless numbers up.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    Sims 5 will fail because no one will buy it from the start. They'll all be waiting for the complaints to come in and be waiting for the Sales before they try it. :D

This is probably why they are keeping with Sims 4 so long and until they start getting a lot of praise for Sims 4 packs to come they would be wise to keep us waiting .......and if they are really wise they will only allow players on the forum who actually have registered that they have installed a copy. Merging the Forums Sims4,3 and 2 was a very bad idea.

Not only that a lot more simmers are now wiser now seeing what happened before Sims 4 came out. For some the old addage applies and paraphrasing it "Fool me once, but you fool yourself the second time". I am for one will not jump and buy it like I did the first time and no pre-ordering at all. Some people are hurt because of the criticism that is being relayed and vice versa. Talk whether it is good or bad will follow Sims 4 right to the end. Oh yes almost forgot that part about your opinion on allowing players who have brought an copy can be the only ones to make comments, it may never happen. However, I do agree on the merging but all should remain an free forum regardless of what happens. EA/Maxis caused this and it will end with them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Hmmm, let's see one can be disappointed in an product but not to the point where they should discontinue playing it and that is the case with Sims 4. You think because one is disappointed because of some flaws should not buy the product and that is what I am getting from your post. It does not work that way as all have different values and what they are willing to tolerate before dropping an product. Sims 4 is not all bad it just has flaws that irritate some players. Now in theory if all dropped an product even if it is one minor flaw EA/Maxis would have an product that would not sell. Yes, at times I talk negatively about Sims 4, EA/Maxis(not just about Sims series as they have problems in other franchises as well) But I wish that they bring it's products up to date with better technology advances than what is being offered and loading screens is one of the features that is old and shows me nothing. all can say what they want as it they full right to do so. It does not bother me at all as long one stays with the TOS policy. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Of course people who don't own TS4 should be allowed to comment. I don't own it but I have played it, and HATE it. I played it at a friend's house when it first came out, and with the recent free download I tried it again. Was even worse than I remembered and I couldn't uninstall it fast enough.

I loved the first Sims, TS2, and TS3. 2 and 3 were amazing for the years when they were released, and 4 seemed like a huge step backwards to me. I'll play 3 until 5 comes out, if ever, and will also play my RPGs and MMOs. One with graphics that don't look like children's cheap cartoons.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    So I don't quite understand what is wrong with Island Living?

Read all the posts on the forum that complain about it including right in this thread. You can't avoid it, lol!
    I see nothing wrong with it and if I wanted Sims 4 to be a rehash of past games I wouldn't have bought it.

That is based on what you think about IL, other people have different ideas and opinions that differs from yours and that is okay.
    Ok but you need to realize this isn't Sims 2 or 3 and it doesn't need to measure up to either game.

It DOES have to measure up to Sims 2 and 3 because it's part of the series. They should have made TS4 it's own game. That way it wouldn't have to live up to the previous better iterations.

I agree. It DOES and SHOULD match up with Sims 2 and 3 because it's supposed to be a follow on from those games. Sims 4 is definitely NOT a follow on. Sms 4 changed the criteria right from the outset and right from the outset, in terms of being a follow on, it was lacking. Everyone who has played Sims 2 and 3 already knows that. It's not a belief, it's a fact. EA know it, long time players know it.

Sims 4 is ok as a stand alone game. It's .... ok. But that's it. If I look at it from the perspective of being an extended, better version of Sims 2 or Sims 3, then no, it's not ok. It's lacking.
    Its not lacking you just expect the game to be open world no loading screens. You expect everything they put out to be Sims 3 quality and to be honest Sims 3 wasn't that good. I have more fun playing Sims 4 then I did Sims 3. I had more issues and more game breaking immersive issues with Sims 3. It was so much fun to play and when you come back from vacation in that game to have your 4 generation families family tree all messed up beyond fixing. It was so much fun to have to use mods to fix the problems that game had. That game was a big buggy mess. Also when I do go back to Sims 3 there are things in Sims 4 that make Sims 3 boring now. I am a long time simmer of the franchise I started with The Sims.

Ignoring the open world since that isn’t happening, it’s still lacking. Like how many staple base game features are we missing? It’s cool that you settle for less, but I find it ridiculous to discourage other people from expecting and called for more. Sims 4 is NOT high quality, especially the newer things they’re releasing!
    I am not settling for less I see the Sims 4 as a platform to be creative and tell stories. When you have possibly experienced my bugs in Sims 3 or traveling bugs I had where 4 generation were ruined by the bugs you would understand my point. These things took me out of the game and they were also beyond being able to fix. 4 generations is a huge deal and if your family tree gets messed up because all you did was send them on vacation and it wasn’t repairable that’s not good. The only thing that has happened and it wasn’t game breaking or immersion breaking in the Sims 4 was a eye color glitch. I love this series I stand by this series but I don’t want rehash of older games in the series even Sims 3. Sims 3 was buggy it was fun when it first came out but I get bored with it now. Sims 4 has unique gameplay in my opinion It has so much to do and I doubt you have even done everything in the game. My game style of playing is telling fun drama related stories and seeing what my sims do in certain situations and that’s how I develop who they are going to be. Sometimes I like to explore my sims having lives with their boyfriends or girlfriends that they grew up with. Other times I like to explore maybe one of my sims doesn’t quite feel like they like the opposite gender so they date their gender or they just want to focus on careers and they don’t want a family of their own. My point is that it’s a creative platform no matter if you think it’s lacking in content it’s a platform to tell stories that you can only imagine and it’s a platform to share experiences or share content you make. That is what the Sims Series is.

Ok cool for you. I view Sims as a game, not a “story telling platform”. Perhaps that’s what I mean when I say this game is lacking, it’s lacking things that make it feel like a game. To each their own, I also had bugs in Sims 3 but never severe enough to make me rage quit the game. If your primary reason for liking Sims 4 over 3 is due to bugs then it doesn’t sound like you’re interested in very many aspects of the games beyond telling imaginative stories.

TS4 is not even a really good "story telling platform" as you can't even edit its worlds for a wider range of stories. It doesn't have a lot of different animations for richer story telling either. The b/b stuff are mostly modern in style too with very little else for stories in other time periods and genres. The story teller has actually very little creative control using TS4 in comparison to TS3 and TS2.
    I like the game no one on the forums plays the same as the next person so saying it’s not a good story telling platform is your own opinion The bugs in Sims 3 didn’t revert me to play Sims 4 because I can play Sims 3 I just don’t like it after playing Sims 4. Sims 4 may have problems with keeping me interesting in playing because it doesn’t have enough to do for sims. But it’s interesting and different from Sims 3 and Sims 2 that makes the game fun and fun to tell stories or have drama without causing it yourself. It also runs better. @Cinebar hasn’t Dine Out always been bugged I mean my sims either get their food 8 sim hours later or they order and nothing comes.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019

Read all the posts on the forum that complain about it including right in this thread. You can't avoid it, lol!
    I see nothing wrong with it and if I wanted Sims 4 to be a rehash of past games I wouldn't have bought it.

That is based on what you think about IL, other people have different ideas and opinions that differs from yours and that is okay.
    Ok but you need to realize this isn't Sims 2 or 3 and it doesn't need to measure up to either game.

It DOES have to measure up to Sims 2 and 3 because it's part of the series. They should have made TS4 it's own game. That way it wouldn't have to live up to the previous better iterations.

I agree. It DOES and SHOULD match up with Sims 2 and 3 because it's supposed to be a follow on from those games. Sims 4 is definitely NOT a follow on. Sms 4 changed the criteria right from the outset and right from the outset, in terms of being a follow on, it was lacking. Everyone who has played Sims 2 and 3 already knows that. It's not a belief, it's a fact. EA know it, long time players know it.

Sims 4 is ok as a stand alone game. It's .... ok. But that's it. If I look at it from the perspective of being an extended, better version of Sims 2 or Sims 3, then no, it's not ok. It's lacking.
    Its not lacking you just expect the game to be open world no loading screens. You expect everything they put out to be Sims 3 quality and to be honest Sims 3 wasn't that good. I have more fun playing Sims 4 then I did Sims 3. I had more issues and more game breaking immersive issues with Sims 3. It was so much fun to play and when you come back from vacation in that game to have your 4 generation families family tree all messed up beyond fixing. It was so much fun to have to use mods to fix the problems that game had. That game was a big buggy mess. Also when I do go back to Sims 3 there are things in Sims 4 that make Sims 3 boring now. I am a long time simmer of the franchise I started with The Sims.

Ignoring the open world since that isn’t happening, it’s still lacking. Like how many staple base game features are we missing? It’s cool that you settle for less, but I find it ridiculous to discourage other people from expecting and called for more. Sims 4 is NOT high quality, especially the newer things they’re releasing!
    I am not settling for less I see the Sims 4 as a platform to be creative and tell stories. When you have possibly experienced my bugs in Sims 3 or traveling bugs I had where 4 generation were ruined by the bugs you would understand my point. These things took me out of the game and they were also beyond being able to fix. 4 generations is a huge deal and if your family tree gets messed up because all you did was send them on vacation and it wasn’t repairable that’s not good. The only thing that has happened and it wasn’t game breaking or immersion breaking in the Sims 4 was a eye color glitch. I love this series I stand by this series but I don’t want rehash of older games in the series even Sims 3. Sims 3 was buggy it was fun when it first came out but I get bored with it now. Sims 4 has unique gameplay in my opinion It has so much to do and I doubt you have even done everything in the game. My game style of playing is telling fun drama related stories and seeing what my sims do in certain situations and that’s how I develop who they are going to be. Sometimes I like to explore my sims having lives with their boyfriends or girlfriends that they grew up with. Other times I like to explore maybe one of my sims doesn’t quite feel like they like the opposite gender so they date their gender or they just want to focus on careers and they don’t want a family of their own. My point is that it’s a creative platform no matter if you think it’s lacking in content it’s a platform to tell stories that you can only imagine and it’s a platform to share experiences or share content you make. That is what the Sims Series is.

Ok cool for you. I view Sims as a game, not a “story telling platform”. Perhaps that’s what I mean when I say this game is lacking, it’s lacking things that make it feel like a game. To each their own, I also had bugs in Sims 3 but never severe enough to make me rage quit the game. If your primary reason for liking Sims 4 over 3 is due to bugs then it doesn’t sound like you’re interested in very many aspects of the games beyond telling imaginative stories.

TS4 is not even a really good "story telling platform" as you can't even edit its worlds for a wider range of stories. It doesn't have a lot of different animations for richer story telling either. The b/b stuff are mostly modern in style too with very little else for stories in other time periods and genres. The story teller has actually very little creative control using TS4 in comparison to TS3 and TS2.
    I like the game no one on the forums plays the same as the next person so saying it’s not a good story telling platform is your own opinion The bugs in Sims 3 didn’t revert me to play Sims 4 because I can play Sims 3 I just don’t like it after playing Sims 4. Sims 4 may have problems with keeping me interesting in playing because it doesn’t have enough to do for sims. But it’s interesting and different from Sims 3 and Sims 2 that makes the game fun and fun to tell stories or have drama without causing it yourself. It also runs better. @Cinebar hasn’t Dine Out always been bugged I mean my sims either get their food 8 sim hours later or they order and nothing comes.

No, in my game it worked as I expected it would work. I learned how to make sure my Sims were the first seated so they didn't have to wait until everyone else was served. And I made sure those running the restaurants were trained until a patch wiped them all out one time. I'm talking about new bugs I saw here this past weeks, and it was new other than those problems you mentioned. My point of this thread is I'm ready for TS5 (maybe) if TS4 is going to continue down this path of selling GP content for the price of EPs. When an EP should expand the entire game and you have to admit that no the last few EPs have not expanded the entire game. GPs I understand but not the lack luster, skimmpy content or gameplay of the last 2 EPs, and or their focus limited to an area etc. That is not my idea of an EP. But Maxis will continue that trend as long as those who don't see through it keep buying for higher prices than the GP gameplay it contains.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

No, in my game it worked as I expected it would work. I learned how to make sure my Sims were the first seated so they didn't have to wait until everyone else was served. And I made sure those running the restaurants were trained until a patch wiped them all out one time. I'm talking about new bugs I saw here this past weeks, and it was new other than those problems you mentioned. My point of this thread is I'm ready for TS5 (maybe) if TS4 is going to continue down this path of selling GP content for the price of EPs. When an EP should expand the entire game and you have to admit that no the last few EPs have not expanded the entire game. GPs I understand but not the lack luster, skimmpy content or gameplay of the last 2 EPs, and or their focus limited to an area etc. That is not my idea of an EP. But Maxis will continue that trend as long as those who don't see through it keep buying for higher prices than the GP gameplay it contains.

I agree as the only time I would experience problems is when it was the developers fault as one occasion I remember when the "Ambition" patch was released and it caused so much havoc for me and also IP which was an another bug that was brought on by EA/Maxis. Other than that I may have not seen bugs not saying they were not there as some bugs depend on an routine to be activated and looking at how Sims programs was coded there was an lot of potential problems. Some of the problems can also be attributed to someone trying to get an program to work when it just wouldn't work depending the specs and In my case I was lucky as my systems were all above the recommended specs. Also, even if one had the best they could have it could have been an part or even an driver that was the culprit. The reason so many variables because not all systems are the same and not equal as their are many configurations that PC consist of and how that user had it set up to run.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I agree as the only time I would experience problems is when it was the developers fault as one occasion I remember when the "Ambition" patch was released and it caused so much havoc for me and also IP which was an another bug that was brought on by EA/Maxis. Other than that I may have not seen bugs not saying they were not there as some bugs depend on an routine to be activated and looking at how Sims programs was coded there was an lot of potential problems. Some of the problems can also be attributed to someone trying to get an program to work when it just wouldn't work depending the specs and In my case I was lucky as my systems were all above the recommended specs. Also, even if one had the best they could have it could have been an part or even an driver that was the culprit. The reason so many variables because not all systems are the same and not equal as their are many configurations that PC consist of and how that user had it set up to run.

What is funny is how so many are upset with me for making this thread just expressing I'm ready for it to end and let's get on with whatever new comes next, lol. But some ignore I'm not the only one saying how lack luster this pack is, we do have those saying this Expansion doesn't even come with new whims or wants/wishes. So, there again, older EPs applied new whims/wishes/wants but in TS4 no, just skip them pay more for less..this time the less is no whims at all. Sure, people may not want them anymore, but those of us who expect EP quality expect the things all EPs contain but I guess they can always say, Well, we never meant for wants/wishes/whims to be a tradition like they did with leaving out occults from every EP in TS4. So, there you go..less for more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

If I may speak for myself: I’ve always considered Sims 3 an amazing, full and complete game. A buggy game but still, complete, immersive and amazing. The problem with Sims 4 isn’t the players, it’s the game. The players don’t ask for the moon, they ask for what they were used to but a bit better. They got worse, that’s the problem.

And another thing: Sims 3 was over by now (when it was Sims 4’s age). It was amazing, full, complete, buggy and done with.

Yeah, which is why I think it's entirely fair if a player desires for the next generation of Sims by now.

Even if I absolutely adored The Sims 4 and found it so amazing, I'd still be hungry for the next iteration. There is a lot of excitement in seeing what a new base game may bring after years of waiting.

Once the majority of players get their magic, university, and maybe farm pack, they'll immediately be begging for TS5. I'm sure EA will do their best to stretch out fans from getting what they want with more $40 failure packs.
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    I'm more optimistic on both fronts. The main reason why I came back to playing The Sims 4 is because they keep adding new features via their free patches.

Pros for The Sims 4:
    • Allows for easy modifications (mostly useful for custom content items).
    • Guaranteed to add new features for its life (as long as patterns continue)
    • The game is extremely playable graphics-wise for most players (though not a concern for me)
    • Has some interesting creation (CAS, Build/Buy, etc.) features that other versions do not (keeping in mind no patterns or color wheel).
    I have come to learn recently that The Sims 4 was adapted from a project meant to take The Sims experience online. While that point irks me, I am going to choose not to fault the work they are currently doing based on that. Although, I am not going to pick up packs that I also feel is a waste of money for the value I get (hence why I have only a handful of packs currently). At least the base game continues to evolve which is the least they can do for choosing to go with the game engine that they did. Also, maybe they could figure out a way to add playable online features because they have shown they can add new features such as that super interesting first-person mode (even if in a beta way).

Possible pros for a new iteration/The Sims 5:
    • Graphics: the game developers will hopefully focus on creating a more intensive graphical experience than a casual one to make the game more immersive.
    • Game Engine: the game developers will hopefully have features that allow a variety of play-styles to immerse themselves into the game, with a great amount of customization options.
    • Story-Based Gameplay: I imagine that the game developers would really focus on building rich worlds/neighborhoods with at least a handful of iconic sims/characters that people may want to play.
    • Enhanced Gameplay: This is more up to the player to decide what is "enhanced," but I think the two components they could focus on improving is: customization options (in a number of areas such as: CAS, Build/Buy, worlds/neighborhoods, etc.) and interactive elements (actions for sims or abilities for player's control). Both enhancements would satiate our needs for stimulating different senses (sight, sound, and "touch"/control).
    The only real negative I can come across is the fact that it seems The Sims 4 will continue to be developed through 2021 with new content. However, perhaps this gives the team more time to work on a new game engine that will offer something new to our community by then. While it is not always about what they are capable of, I am also choosing to believe that there will be a better experience around the corner given that there is no reason for them to take a hand-me-down game engine and repurpose it this time around.

On the point of expansion packs, it just may be a moot point. Sure, they should have a great number of features in them that lead us to have fulfilling gameplay. I do think that starting with a new iteration means that there may be some repeated themes in expansion packs. Maybe with more time, they can add some features that we have seen in previous expansion packs to the base game. But under no means should they be obligated to include all features that we have seen before. How would that make for a new game or experience?

TL;DR - I am confident that more useful features will continue to be added to The Sims 4 and that the development for a sequel in the series must be underway with more consideration to development. More time until that next title could actually be a great thing, logistically.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sims 4 took away the freedom of Sims 3. No color wheel to customize and match objects, hair, skin or eye color. No open world, loading screens everywhere. No personality in Sims, no favorites, attraction, traits don‘t have much impact like in Sims 3.

A sequel shouldn’t take away stuff from previous games. Only improve on the features and deliver a solid base game that has stuff like toddlers, dishwashers, pool or ghosts from the beginning.

To me Sims 4 should‘ve been called Sims 2.5

I think of it more as Sims 1.5. But unfortunately with none of the quirkiness and uniqueness that made Sims 1. And I'm being generous calling it 1.5. It just doesn't "fit" with the others.

I agree. Sims 4 doesn't fit in with the others - it's not a sequel - it's a completely different game in many, many ways. It's an ok game but for me, that's it. It doesn't compare with Sims 3, not at all.

It kinda get my back up seeing some players say 'Well, I LIKE the game, it suits my play style perfectly and I just LOVE it! and I don't like these negative nancy's threatening the end of the game.' And I'm thinking hey, that's great for you but what about other people who have found so much missing in their game and in their personal play style? I never have and never will ask others to give up what they love about Sims 4 - I just want the missing stuff put back in so ALL PLAYERS can say, Hey, I love the game too!

Roll on Sims 5 - let's hope it actually is a proper sequel to Sims 3 which gives their loyal players back what they've missed for the last few years.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top