Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a Sims 5 disscussion page.

2...Next

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I know that this might have been asked before but I cannot remember the outcome but now could be the right time to have a TS5 ideas section?

I have posted ideas in Speculation and Rumour but these sometimes get moved to 'Ideas and feedback' but they are TS4 ideas. I have ideas for TS5 but where shall I post?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Missed a question here! @TopNotchToddler - off topic would be the place where you can post about anything that doesn't have a specific forum for it. This would include potential future games.

@king_of_simcity7 Merged here as we were discussing something very similar. You can post any ideas you would like to see in a potential future game in the franchise in Off topic. If the subject of the thread makes it clear enough you are not talking about The Sims 4, 'The Sims 4 Ideas corner' would work as well (this or this thread are some examples) ;)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @EA_Mai Thanks for the suggestions :smile: I will post in ideas but state that these are TS5 ideas
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Missed a question here![...]
    No problem, @EA_Mai, thanks for clearing this up!

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    @EA_Mai Perhaps a Child category called something like Ideas for the future or Future Speculations in Speculation and Rumor might help those who want to talk possible future iterations such as a Sims 5 or Online versions?
  • Sumbl1ssSumbl1ss Posts: 19 Member
    I’m more annoyed sims 3 was better than 4 and I am sad I can’t go back and make my couch or beds zebra print.. 😭 it’s not all the rave it’s made to be.
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    Pardon my ignorance, but what does Triple-A game mean?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    People talk about TS5 everywhere. It is what players are now asking or so hopefully we can have a section to talk away and speculate it without have to go past TS4 related threads that have no interest to me what so ever!

We know that TS5 will be coming at some point and it would be cool to see an area on the forums for it :smile:

For all we know T5 could mean a version of The Sims mobile 4 for example programmers name each update with each change so all of the T5 could mean updade The Sims Mobile version 4.005 this is a general coders thing because I code to each app has software versions so T5 may be a software update version. Focus on providing your ideas for Sims 4 it will help the team develop it better for other simmers who play the game.

No, Maxis is building a new Sim game, with a different team from those that exists right now. It won't be an extension of The Sims Mobile or The Sims 4. Most of us think it is The Sims 5 since it is going to be a triple A game. Those are never just extentions of the current games, but a different IP.

ETA: And the time to give ideas and feedback about a new IP is before they start the production and let them know we don't want online only, cloud saves only, MMO gameplay. The best time to talk about that is before they go ahead and do that. ETA: It's too late by the time they release it.

Ugh if Sims 5 is MMO only I can’t see myself playing it

I don't think there will be a TS5 forum until the game has been confirmed.
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    They're still making new content for Sims 4 and no sign of a Sims 5 anywhere on the horizon. People are getting awfully jumped up over something that amounts to nothing more than a personal speculation. Might be better to just leave sleeping dragons sleep. It's certainly nothing worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist over. I find it personally unsettling that folks can't simply enjoy what they have and feel the need to get upset over something that doesn't even exist. Just take a deep breath, smile, and have fun with the game that's right in front of you.
    9ndehwc.png
    People talk about TS5 everywhere. It is what players are now asking or so hopefully we can have a section to talk away and speculate it without have to go past TS4 related threads that have no interest to me what so ever!

We know that TS5 will be coming at some point and it would be cool to see an area on the forums for it :smile:

For all we know T5 could mean a version of The Sims mobile 4 for example programmers name each update with each change so all of the T5 could mean updade The Sims Mobile version 4.005 this is a general coders thing because I code to each app has software versions so T5 may be a software update version. Focus on providing your ideas for Sims 4 it will help the team develop it better for other simmers who play the game.

No, Maxis is building a new Sim game, with a different team from those that exists right now. It won't be an extension of The Sims Mobile or The Sims 4. Most of us think it is The Sims 5 since it is going to be a triple A game. Those are never just extentions of the current games, but a different IP.

ETA: And the time to give ideas and feedback about a new IP is before they start the production and let them know we don't want online only, cloud saves only, MMO gameplay. The best time to talk about that is before they go ahead and do that. ETA: It's too late by the time they release it.

Indeed. I'm and offline gamer and a 30+ year console gamer. I hate MMOs and the toxic environments they typically create. If The Sims franchise turned into an MMO, I'd be out for good. If people want to play an MMO, they can go play one. There are certainly plenty on the market to choose from. If it's not broken, don't fix it. The Sims has had a functioning formula for many years and its fanbase has built around that. I don't think they're willing to sacrifice that much of their demographic by making such a divisive change to their tried and true methods.
    9ndehwc.png
    deeman190 wrote: »

A Triple-A game is a big budget, big profit game in a well-known, well-sold franchise. Examples of Triple-A titles would be Pokemon, Super Smash Bros., Devil May Cry, God of War, Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil, etc.
    9ndehwc.png
    The Sims is well known but not as well known as the ones you mentioned. I would say Fortnite would be considered a Triple-A game too?
    deeman190 wrote: »

A Triple-A game is a big budget, big profit game in a well-known, well-sold franchise. Examples of Triple-A titles would be Pokemon, Super Smash Bros., Devil May Cry, God of War, Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil, etc.

edited July 2019
    Could there be a General Discussion Forum to discuss such things that cover all iterations past, present and future possibles/probables and keep such threads out of the Sims 4 General Discussion category? I'm sure those in the Sims 3 categories wouldn't have liked being taken over by the Sims 4 devotees would they? B)
    I'm not sure Fortnite would be considered a Triple-A title. The designation has little to do with the quality of a game itself, but rather the combined reputation of a franchise and its studio. With Fortnite's current popularity, if Fortnite 2 came out and it sold well too, then it could start gaining a Triple-A franchise status. As it is, it's still too new for that. Whenever a studio releases a new franchise, they're taking a risk, relying on the studio's name and promotional hype to carry it through initial sales. The Sims, on the other hand, is definitely Triple-A. With highly respected names like Electronic Arts and Maxis behind it, and multiple games on numerous platforms, selling in the multi-millions of copies, The Sims franchise stands firmly on it's own established reputation.
    9ndehwc.png
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    If they go "MMO" with this I'm gone. The Sims was is and always will be best as a sandbox game.

Having said that it'll also be 20 years old next year. How long does anyone think it can go on, yet remain sufficiently profitable to keep investing resources? They likely have a few more packs of enhanced content lined up to sell but after that I would not be very surprised if they call it a "good run" and also call it a wrap.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone - just a quick reminder to keep things on-topic ;)
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    It would be good to have a forum section where players can post what they would like in the next game, I'm sure we had that for both 3 and 4 before they were made. Maybe it's just a little early though and they aren't even thinking about it yet, because surely they won't make the next game without listening to players like they did with 4, this is how issues like toddlers and the swimming pools happened.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    SimsnMemes wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion, to all sims creators designers, i have some suggestions and ideas for sims 5. As a loyal and old sims player, i would love if sims 5 was similar to sims 3. The open world, the creative design tool, the realistic looking sims, houses and world, the freedom, the opportunities, the lifetime rewards. I would also love if in the sims 5 we could travel like in sims 2, we could learn new things, buy souvenirs, etc, without being obligated to complete missions, like in sims 3. I would also like if the appartments in sims 5 were similar to sims 2, we could choose which one we wanted and complain if our neighbors were being too loud. I would also like if we could invite the headmaster to dinner, so our kids could be able to go to a better school. I really liked that in sims 4 our sims don't need a ton of space to walk and that we can costumize our sims height and voice. I wanted to thank anyone who would take in consideration my opinion. Have a nice day everyone! :)

I agree with just about everything you say. Sims 2 gameplay/AI with the same open world, universal ageing and object recolouring of Sims 3, I've been saying this since before Sims 4 was made.

Another thing for me is that they really need to sort out timing in this game, modders can do it so the team should be able to. Simmers have been complaining about this for as long as I can remember. A Sim taking one hour to go to the toilet, then make their way to the kitchen in the morning is just ridiculous, then add up to an hour to eat breakfast, if it's just leftovers, if they have to actually make it it's longer. I had sims in sims 3 take 25 Sim minutes to come out of a restaurant and get in the car. There is never enough time for them to do anything in these games, I'd like to take my sims out at night, but by the time they finish work, come home and eat then shower and use the toilet, then get out it's time to come home, if there's a queue at the bar they don't even get a drink, so how are they supposed to dance, meet other Sims, etc?
    No. I've done all that. I want something completely new.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I hope there is no Sims 5 anytime soon. I am just starting to enjoy Sims 4.
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited September 2019
    Probably not even going to happen, I can not even see there being a sims 5, sims 6, sims 7, sims 8, etc. etc. I thought it was going to stop at sims 3 but then we got the sims 4 livestream which i thought was being too careful because sims 4 isnt as laggy as sims 3 because of all the features they took out. So thats a reason to create sims 4 they wanted to fix the mistakes with making sims 4 not so laggy on older computers (and yes this computer doesn't have a lot of memory on it) So yea. My poor dad had to make loads of sacrifices for his daughters. (by that i mean sacrificing his video games)

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    They're still making new content for Sims 4 and no sign of a Sims 5 anywhere on the horizon. People are getting awfully jumped up over something that amounts to nothing more than a personal speculation. Might be better to just leave sleeping dragons sleep. It's certainly nothing worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist over. I find it personally unsettling that folks can't simply enjoy what they have and feel the need to get upset over something that doesn't even exist. Just take a deep breath, smile, and have fun with the game that's right in front of you.

Somebody needed to say it 🙈🙈🙈🙈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Hoping for a few years of TS4 first. I'm not ready to start from scratch yet.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member

If the Sims 5 goes online only, cloud saves only, MMO gameplay, it will be the end of Sims for me. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1. I have enjoyed playing all of them but especially the Sims 1/2. I enjoyed the content of the Sims 3 but found the open world too much for me to play; I couldn't play it for too long due to "dizzy" spells with constantly having to zoom in and out. I am not a young person but have enjoyed playing all that has been brought out with previous and current Sim games. The Sims 4 has got better over time even though I haven't explored everything the game has to offer as yet. I still don't play it as much as I did with the Sims 2, the best game play for how I play imoa.

I hope if and when they bring out a new Sims 5 the format will not change too much and cater for all ages.