Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t identify wild plants

SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
My teen Sim has the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration, and she wants to identify a wild plant. Google told me to click on the plant in the Sim’s inventory and choose Attempt to Identify.

So I sent her out to a wild strawberry bush and a snapdragon plant that were just beyond her lot, and harvested both. But neither gave her that option. Nor did the plants they were harvested from. She could only Eat Strawberry or Plant [Strawberry]. The End.

I thought maybe she needed Herbalism skill to be able to do this, so I had her read the corresponding skill book. Zilch.

The only thing I can figure now is, A.) She needs to be a Young Adult for some reason; B.) She can only do this in Granite Falls; C.) My game is messed up; or D.) The option stopped existing at some point.

Please help.

Comments

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    The answer is B.) She can only do this in Granite Falls
    If you know what kind of plant it is, there is nothing to identify.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited June 2019
    The answer is B.) She can only do this in Granite Falls
    If you know what kind of plant it is, there is nothing to identify.

Ah. Thank you. :)

I just wish they would've specified that in the whim description.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Well the answer is actually an offshoot of B.

You can only "Identify" unidentified plants.
    That is the plants that are only found growing in Granite Falls, stuff like "Elderberry" and "Chamomile".
    If you haven't identified them before, they'll show up in your inventory as "Unidentified Plant".

Strawberry and Snapdragon are normal plants, so you can't ever identify them for the purposes of this aspiration.
    But you don't have to be in Granite Falls to identify unidentified plants, you can pick them there, travel home, and still identify them, but they only naturally grow in Granite Falls.