Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Like In Sims 4 That Sims 3 Doesn't Have?

I haven't found a thread like this so far, so I apologise in advance if there already is one.
I'm interested in what Simmers like in Sims 4 that wasn't in Sims 3?

Firstly, I love the club system from Get Together. For a long time, I've wanted to set up a group of gardeners to share gardening tips and care for plants. Finally, communal gardens can be useful! I also love that this system can allow your sim to meet other sims with something in common. It's lovely and something I use in every game I play.

Another plus for me is the developments for toddlers and children, especially with the Parenthood pack. It's little things, like being able to influence how the children grow up. It's reminiscent of Sims 2 in that it's important to teach those toddler skills to ensure they grow up well - in this case, encouraging the children to grow up well throughtout their toddler, child and teen years.

Mainly, the developments for toddlers has been something I'm delighted about. Little things like this:

HvQLoii.png

Not only actually having paddling pools for toddlers but allowing more than one toddler in there? Perfect <3

Anyone else have things that are present in Sims 4 that aren't in Sims 3?
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I agree with the clubs! I wish I could make a costumised Uni Social Group in my Sims 3 game. I can't identify with Nerds, Rebels or Jocks. When I was at University in RL I was something I could describe as an Arty Bookworm, and many of the people I used to hang around with were the same.

Also:

- hats separate from hair in CAS
    - different types of teeth in CAS
    - smooth transition between animations
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Multitasking, and the search bar in Build/Buy mode,
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Emotions, multitasking, developed vampires, sims looking better, sims having personality, sims acting more realistic, some premades :heart:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My personal views:

Sims seem more alive in Sims 4. They are much more expressive.

The food looks more delicious.

Everything is prettier and easier on my eyes - I, for one, love the cartoonish feel.

Toddlers have much more life to them. I feel they are rather boring in Sims 3.

Pets are better looking and you can do lots more stuff with them. You can be vet and have a clinic!

Gardening plants look a lot better, too.

Water looks and sounds more appealing.

I enjoy clubs very much as well.

Few routing issues. In fact, my computer runs Sims 4 a whole lot smoother, than it does Sims 3 with all its optimization and routing issues.

Sims can be cheating in the same house without anyone noticing, unless they are in the same room.

The bar and drink/drinking visuals are an improvement for sure.

Romance interactions are so much better in Sims 4.

Grim Reaper looks and sounds better.

Mermaids are prettier.

Vampires are cooler with two forms, customization, and have better and more immersive interactions.

I could go on...

So, all in all, there are a bunch of gameplay and visual features, as well as technical ones, that I find easily outdo the Sims 3 :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Holiday system with seasons! I love being able to create how ever many random holidays whenever I want. I love it and enjoy it in all my saves.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like that skills are separate. I.e a sim can be level 10 in piano but only level 3 in guitar.

I like that Sims can travel between worlds without mods.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    The ability to create DNA parents and siblings from your Sim!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Build mode (picking up and moving an entire house or room)
    Search bar in catalogue
    Gallery
    Multitasking

caitytrina.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    • Not needing a new save to play a new pack (and no, the mod was not a substitute for rotational players)
    • Multitasking
    • Household Management
    • Build/Buy on the fly
    • The art style!
    • Make-your-own Clubs that are active when not played
    • The complex Vampire system
    • The more exaggerated, less naturalistic facial/body emotions - I find this more engaging in the game than a naturalistic/realistic style
    • Breastfeeding
    • More non-builder-friendly building (except roofs!!)
    • the Toddlers!
    • changeable + multiple Aspirations
    • the part-from-home Careers
    • fewer ways to get rich too quickly, easier to pause career progression
    • different animations for everyday tasks depending on emotion

Controversial Opinions:
    • Very little story progression (I want to be in charge of all the Sims)
    • Insta-transport (vs. open world getting one place to another)
    • the Semi-Open world (more lively neighbourhoods)
    • Being able to play multiple households in an apartment building, even if at the cost of building my own
    • Walking to work instead of being picked up by a car (don't make me use fuel-based transportation!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Multitasking, Emotions, Easy World Travel, Rotational Play, Graphics, Traits, Gameplay, Worlds, Male Hair, Clothing, Build Tools, and Fast Loading Screens!
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Oooh, forgot to add the Gender Options, and the lack of restriction with clothing!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Oooh, forgot to add the Gender Options, and the lack of restriction with clothing!

Same!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I forgot multi-tasking. That is so useful :smiley:

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    As a long term 3 then series 2 player I took more notice of the 4 series when Toddlers, seasons and pets came back (maybe not in that order-) I love vampires because I use a lot of mods in 3 to get similar animations that sims 4 vampires exhibit naturally and despite having a lot of issues in this new world of Sulani as many other players are also experiencing I really do like the world, the mermaids and dolphins but there is not the depth of play in this series as a whole unfortunately as past iterations however I will continue to play this series when I feel like it recognizing that it is different style of game play but then I have the added advantage of being able to play whatever series I feel like and not restricted to any one series as if my only option to play sims was the 4 series only then I don't think I would play so much as I have been spoiled by past series of the games that offered much more in the depth of gameplay and content.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    - Definitely multitasking!
    - Travelling between different worlds
    - The simpler art style of the sims themselves (it feels like a nice revamp of the sims 2 style imo)
    - Neighbourhoods within worlds
    - Easier to edit lots in build mode (moving entire lot, copy/pasting rooms/rotating rooms/etc.)
    - Actively running restaurants, vet stores and retail outlets rather than just cashing in on owning the lot itself
    - The vampire and celebrity progression tree with perks and drawbacks at each level
    - Playing with genetics in CAS
    - Being able to play with multiple packs installed without being afraid the whole game will crash at any moment 🙃
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I only had the base game of Sims 3...
    Hm... I'd compare it to the Sims 4 base game, but even then when I bought Sims 4 it was pre-bundled with Cats & Dogs.

I like how the Sims 4 DOESN'T have a premium item shop.
    There was so much stuff on the Sim Point shop, I wonder just how much it would've cost if one were to buy everything on it, yikes!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sims 4 has pretty sims and doesn't make my computer want to give up on life. :D
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    The gender options and that there's no Sims 4 Store for sure... Also I prefer Sims 4 occults :)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    The search bar in S4 was heaven sent. It's so easy to find items and using the filters. It was always such a nightmare in previous games finding what I wanted.

The filters for CAS ate great too and I find the fashion styles you can randomize in the category interesting.

Glad sliders were done away with in favor of pulling and pushing and you can make more unique looking sims as well as certain body parts you werent able to customize.

Not being confined to one world and sims being able visit them makes things feel less of a fish bowl.

The different features and customization to influenced the world and sims around you. (Club system, holiday feature, consevationist career, get famous with the perks and sims wearing trends, dine out pack) I like being able to manipulate things like that.

Sims relationships not instantly gone when they move to another town.

Building has been easier and hoping to see things improve further on it. Moving rooms and the entire lot.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2019
    @LadyKyn

I am the most terrible builder of all time in the history of sims so i have always been very grateful for other players wonderful creativity and the other day I was sat pursuing the gallery looking at beautiful rooms (as opposed to lots-) without a freaking clue about how to use them :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Better looking Sims? I much prefer the cartoony style of TS4 than I did of TS3.

I also appreciate that TS4 doesn't make my computer explode.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    1. Easy to mod - Didn't mod 1 or 2, but 3 was kind of a pain to mod.
    2. The Gallery - Not much of a builder so I love being able to download other talented simmer's builds
    3. The fact that sims look at each other - Sims actually follow other sims with their eyes even when not directly interacting with them, which feels more natural.
    4. Sims continuing conversations after I initialize them - I like I can start a conversation and they'll continue it on their own without needing me to micro manage them.
    5. Supernaturals having two forms - It's nice that unless you interact with a supernatural, you can't really tell they are one (except ghosts), allowing us to more easily ignore them in certain saves.
    6. The fact that the base game is still being expanded - The base game we have now is way bigger and better than what we started with, and it will keep expanding and improving through free updates.
    7. The variety of work options - We have follow your sim to work, work from home, freelancing, odd jobs, part time jobs, and registering for whatever job you can come up with.
    8. Being able to jump from one world to another - Loading screens don't bother me and I like the variety of places I can take my sims.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @LadyKyn

I am the most terrible builder of all time in the history of sims so i have always been very grateful for other players wonderful creativity and the other day I was sat pursuing the gallery looking at beautiful rooms (as opposed to lots-) without a freaking clue about how to use them :)

Yeah, theres a lot of beautiful builds and creativity on the gallery. I favor this a lot more tjan the exchange.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    Top three features:
    1) Sims Multitasking - this is definitely a feature that I cannot get tired of! Sometimes you might not notice it right away, but I think life often takes on more multitasking like talking while you are cooking (at least, I am pretty sure you can do that). Based on the Get to Work expansion, I wish they would expand more interactive careers with functionality for various multitasking because we do so much more at work than just work.
    2) Continuous Game Features - The reason I started playing The Sims 4 again is single-handedly because they keep adding new features at healthy intervals. Sometimes these features are massive, such as the toddler life stage.
    3) Create-A-Sim Sculpting - I am referring to the ability for us to just take our mouse cursor and start shaping and sculpting our sims like they are art projects. I am not sure how much my clicks actually change various physical features, but there are so many physical features on both the body and face that you can sculpt to your liking.

It is good to keep the positivity going! I enjoyed reading why others really like The Sims 4.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Oh gosh, there's so much! I love being able to multitask, CAS genetics, the ability to create holidays and choose whether or not they stay home from work/school... That's just a few things out of many.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)