Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I tried to do the drawing but i messed the anatomy up and gave up

You should keep trying! At some point, anyway.

I agree. You have to keep practicing to get better. Look at the first art Dekay posted in here compared to what she posts now.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited June 2019

Just trace the screenshot. That's what I always did cuz it's hard to draw stuff by eye when you're starting out. XD

I agree. You have to keep practicing to get better. Look at the first art Dekay posted in here compared to what she posts now.

Why you gotta insult me like that. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Can someone tell me how to make MCCC make Sims marry and have babies more frequently?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's QQ is:
    Type in "My secret favorite thing is" on your phone (or Google) and see what autofill gives you.

My secret favorite thing is to have a portable device that is not just me from the internet.

Oh? XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Just trace the screenshot. That's what I always did cuz it's hard to draw stuff by eye when you're starting out. XD

I'm afraid to trace because it makes me feel like a fake artist :disappointed:
    Today's QQ is:
    Type in "My secret favorite thing is" on your phone (or Google) and see what autofill gives you.

My secret favorite thing is to have a portable device that is not just me from the internet.

Oh? XD

My secret favorite thing is to have a panic attack of the two people i was considering purchasing

What the actual
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options

I'm not insulting you. 🙄 ijs even the best person you know at something didn't start off that way.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    My dad got me a birthday present!!!

zBKKfCX.jpg

Ql0F8AW.jpg

I-dont-know-what-I-expected-arrested-development.gif

Happy Birthday!
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Me: okay depressive episode is over finally so maybe i can not have breakdowns for a bit
    My schoolwork and inability to learn properly and remember stuff: i'm about to end their whole career
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

I'm not insulting you. 🙄 ijs even the best person you know at something didn't start off that way.

I see. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    My dad got me a birthday present!!!

zBKKfCX.jpg

Ql0F8AW.jpg

I-dont-know-what-I-expected-arrested-development.gif

Happy Birthday!

Thank you City!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Happy birthday Minty!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's QQ is:

Oh? XD

My secret favourite thing is the same question for the day.

???
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Today's QQ is:

Oh? XD

???

That's some meta thing right there. XD

Today's QQ is:

Oh? XD

My secret favorite thing is to have a panic attack of the two people i was considering purchasing

What the actual

Oh, I didn't see you post here earlier. No, tracing doesn't make you a fake artist unless you sell that art or claim that you didn't trace, or claim it as your own. I'm asking you to trace to learn, not make art for the time being.

I traced portraits too last time for my sketch layers cuz I had no patience to do it by eye as the proportions are always wrong and I would spend hours just to fix my sketch lines over and over again. Gradually, I would start sketching on my own and then bringing that layer over the ref pic to see what is off. Then, change it from there. I saw those sketches as a learning experience, not a piece of art. Therefore, you can't be a "fake artist" but rather, you're just being a student!

But some time after I have gotten the hang of it, I started to just do it manually and it's much easier since your hand already has that muscle memory. And then finally, you can start making art!

Look at it this way, we all learn things kinda by tracing. Just like when we are learning to write. We do penmanship (or at least I did). We all used guidelines. Same thing when you're learning a new instrument, sometimes you yould put the notes on the keys/buttons to memorize them easily.

Except that drawing realistically is much harder than writing letters, so maybe if you really don't want to trace, what you can do it draw guidelines on your ref pic and then replicate that on your drawing. But doing this will take time and you might get frustrated easily especially as a beginner.

Read books, study anatomy (even if you're just drawing cartoons), use photo references. It's gonna be a lot of hard work.

However, you're not gonna get anywhere by just giving up. I didn't get to where I am now by just picking up the pen and trying to draw and putting it away cuz I thought I stink, and magically getting all the skills the next week.
    Post edited by DeKay on
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Today's QQ is:

Oh? XD

???

That's some meta thing right there. XD

Today's QQ is:

Oh? XD

What the actual

Oh, I didn't see you post here earlier. No, tracing doesn't make you a fake artist unless you sell that art or claim that you didn't trace, or claim it as your own. I'm asking you to trace to learn, not make art for the time being.

I traced portraits too last time for my sketch layers cuz I had no patience to do it by eye as the proportions are always wrong and I would spend hours just to fix my sketch lines over and over again. Gradually, I would start sketching on my own and then bringing that layer over the ref pic to see what is off. Then, change it from there. I saw those sketches as a learning experience, not a piece of art. Therefore, you can't be a "fake artist" but rather, you're just being a student!

But some time after I have gotten the hang of it, I started to just do it manually and it's much easier since your hand already has that muscle memory. And then finally, you can start making art!

Look at it this way, we all learn things kinda by tracing. Just like when we are learning to write. We do penmanship (or at least I did). We all used guidelines. Same thing when you're learning a new instrument, sometimes you yould put the notes on the keys/buttons to memorize them easily.

Except that drawing realistically is much harder than writing letters, so maybe if you really don't want to trace, what you can do it draw guidelines on your ref pic and then replicate that on your drawing. But doing this will take time and you might get frustrated easily especially as a beginner.

Read books, study anatomy (even if you're just drawing cartoons), use photo references. It's gonna be a lot of hard work.

However, you're not gonna get anywhere by just giving up. I didn't get to where I am now by just picking up the pen and trying to draw and putting it away cuz I thought I stink, and magically getting all the skills the next week.

When I was taught how to draw realistically, my teacher told me about a trick she learned where you fold the picture around so you can line it up with your lines to get them all placed right.

Tracing is not a bad place to start. My teacher (a professional artist) will trace a photo once before drawing, or possibly even trace the photo before applying the pastels.
    Today's QQ is:

Oh? XD

My secret favorite thing is to have a baby and a half hour ago there was a high speed car chase.

Apparently I had fun telling my friends about that car chase... And I suppose it's no secret that I can't wait to be a mother.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Apparently it’s my fourth forum anniversary today 😊
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    LluviaRain wrote: »
    Happy birthday Minty!

Thank you :smile:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Guys i found
    5MrVe4P.jpg
    friend
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    Guys i found
    5MrVe4P.jpg
    friend

Unicorn Pusheen is beautiful Pusheen.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Guys i found
    5MrVe4P.jpg
    friend

Unicorn Pusheen is beautiful Pusheen.

love them
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    We finished the Liam fence yesterday. Given the whining, I think we were successful in trapping him. *satisfied cackling*
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    ac8hCEC.png
    So this happened yesterday and i'm still not over it
    THEY'RE BOTH YOUNG ADULTS
    AND DATING
    help
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    ac8hCEC.png
    AND DATING
    help

Ok, so first of all, you are far too young to be having your Sims go around nude, so stop it. Secondly, they are outside, so there was probably a child across the street or something.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    ac8hCEC.png
    AND DATING
    help

Ok, so first of all, you are far too young to be having your Sims go around nude, so stop it. Secondly, they are outside, so there was probably a child across the street or something.

It was a joke?? I was never going to actually use the feature, i just noticed it, and yes i know, it just looked funny out of context.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Sims in one of my old Sims 3 saves kept streaking for no reason. It was annoying.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    ac8hCEC.png
    AND DATING
    help

It was a joke?? I was never going to actually use the feature, i just noticed it, and yes i know, it just looked funny out of context.

I was teasing you.
    Sims in one of my old Sims 3 saves kept streaking for no reason. It was annoying.

Yeah, that's one thing I hope they don't bring back to University. Especially since it will constantly have my Sims with an embarrassed buff.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top