Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What comes to mind when you hear "Realm of Magic?"

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really hope they don’t make Witches all “dark magic”. I instead hope they either have Light witches as well or allow all witches/magic-users to have a variety of spells. I hope witches aren’t restricted, either. :confused:

If witches are weaker or more restricted than other magic users, then I’m not interested in the pack.

I prefer equality and customization.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    "Realm of Magic" makes me believe that there is going to be a world in it, and that everything included surrounds that world. It also opens up the possibility that they are not only including witcheswizards/warlocks but other types of magic sims like Voodooers (don't know how they are called). Or even more then one occult. Maybe witches and fairies.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I wonder if there would be Unicorns...though I guess to do that there would be a horse model *sigh*
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Magic
    New world (Realm)
    Witchcraft
    Dragon pets
    Ghosts
    Crafting magic potions
    Magic gnomes
    Graveyards
    Magic brooms
    Magic vendors
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Honestly, when I heard the name, I took the meaning as a place instead of abilities. That was my first thought. A place. I know it probably doesn't mean a place but types of Sims who can do particular things, but now that I think of the limited worlds expanding on the rest of the game in the past two packs, or even last three packs, I'm starting to think it's an actual place (where things are limited to that world as like the last three packs) and not so much abilities that can be used or expand elsewhere in the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think it will be a bit of a medieval style world but what I would like would be a world working with us hidden from the (muggle) Sims almost just like Harry Potter I would love a magical school too with your sim having there own common room etc it would be...,..magical.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i might not be a supernatural player but this comes to mind when i hear realm of magic and who would see these hair and outfits for witches as well as the song i put a spell on you official trailer and in the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaC-WDrvmUQ
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    I definitely think itll be Witches with medieval tone world!
    I do hope they work Witches with Vampire style ski tree, love it. And give them plenty of new fun spells and interactions and new animations! I'd love to make old style witches, modern ones, new age, Harry Potter like, and many more. I do hope for Elemental type magic, where let's say a skill tree divides into 4 elements (earth, wind, fire, water) and you get a choice to have one or all and have unique spells to unique element. Water - summon rain, shower, water plants, drench sims, freeze, etc. You get the idea.
    I do want to see unique fun spells! Spells like increase flirty mood or make happy are great but so boring, we need something fun! Like turn sim into a llama, or frog like classic, or make them burp up coins, or make telekinesis type spells where furniture and TV dance and dishes clean themselves with broom dancing and sweeping the floors! Surprize me, I need this creativity to spells.
    World wise, yes medieval would be best. I want to make a Wizard locked in a tower, have secret bookcase door, spiral staircase, walk with lit candleholder, dusty tones with ancient spells.
    A broom that let's you fly around current neighborhood, like vamp speed run style or bat fly style.
    Unique magical pets! Gryphon? Fire salamander? How about alipaca - a unicorn pegasus alpaca (like the toy for kids) but full sized magical pet? Would be fun!
    Dragons, of course! I definitely miss those silly bums. Except the boi that set everything on fire and killed entire family in Sims 1. I'd love it.
    New cauldron potion alchemy skill, new unique spell ingredients! Sims 1 style spell creation - get mermaid scales, dragon breath, and plantsim petals to create some funky potion! So many possibilities. Can even do "steal voice" potion Disney style and the victim cannot talk to other sims and instead waves and points at throat apologetically, for like 5 hours. Or curses, like curse sim to need to pee constantly or give them snake tongue and eyes and suddenly they run to fridge to eat meat, lots of it! Or give bunny ears and teeth and they run to eat salad and carrots!
    So many ideas. I do hope the Sims team will thoroughly make it and release the pack complete and fun for the long waiting fans of Witches like me and so many others.

I love these ideas, and I certainly would love a medieval world!
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Witches, Fairies, Dragons I would hope would be there. I would like to see some magical beings such as unicorn or even Pegasus but those may be more mythology than magic per se.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    i might not be a supernatural player but this comes to mind when i hear realm of magic and who would see these hair and outfits for witches as well as the song i put a spell on you official trailer and in the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaC-WDrvmUQ

Right in the childhood.

I want dramatic sorcerers, intense fantasy with either a historical or otherworldly atmosphere. Dragons, that whole fantasy deal. But this is a good sell for Witches.
    a63ftuN.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Let's pray it's not all modern day stuff like Charmed or something since this team takes a lot of it's cues from popular TV shows. :(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    Monday wrote: »

Right in the childhood.

I want dramatic sorcerers, intense fantasy with either a historical or otherworldly atmosphere. Dragons, that whole fantasy deal. But this is a good sell for Witches.

Okay but then we need to get her teeth as an option too!
    tCTe03l.png
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I hope that they make witch a life state and not just a skill. They can flesh it out a lot more that way. I also hope the world is either mega fantasy or a chill Salem like town.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I know there have been some questionable inclusions and exclusions in packs lately, mostly exclusions really, but I really do think there is no way witches won't be included in RoM. The team know how much witches are wanted as a life state and they know we have been clamouring for a magical pack for years. To not include them Maxis may as well make a pack for the troll value with no desire to actually sell it, and above all else this is a business, they will do what they can get away with - but they won't get away with that - unless they popped them in to base game at the same time as a free update. And why do that when they can charge for them?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I know there have been some questionable inclusions and exclusions in packs lately, mostly exclusions really, but I really do think there is no way witches won't be included in RoM. The team know how much witches are wanted as a life state and they know we have been clamouring for a magical pack for years. To not include them Maxis may as well make a pack for the troll value with no desire to actually sell it, and above all else this is a business, they will do what they can get away with - but they won't get away with that - unless they popped them in to base game at the same time as a free update. And why do that when they can charge for them?

We know that Witches will be in RoM. That was confirmed in SimGuruDuke's tweet (the following Monday?) after EA Play when he asked at what point we knew what the pack was. The first option was: 1) WITCH pack (just like that). He was listing the hints they gave leading up to the unveiling of the name.

I think a lot of us are feeling antsy because after seeing that IL doesn't fulfill what we expected, will "Witches" not get the attention they deserve? I know they can do a great job with them (because look at Vampires), but will they cut corners?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    WHAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU HEAR "REALM OF MAGIC?"
    Small world, half-baked life state 🧜‍♀️ (or sorcery skill), weird decisions with lazy coding and cheap trade-offs. And new bugs.
    Can't help it but after waiting forever for new occult pack, with vampires bugs present and ignored, and after reading people's feedback on IL I have a really bad feeling about ROM :| (and future of series)

And of course I still have hope for some miraculous second coming of Vampires GP quality level.
    Sorry for my English, drama and negativity
    That's good to hear @Anmirla, I had missed that tweet.

I agree @lazyjuniper, I am looking forward to RoM so much and really enjoy occult play that I am worried it won't live up to my own expectations and that the team will cut corners and leave us with more bugs than action. Since IL I have had to age up all my toddlers to children by nightfall or they won't sleep a wink.
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2019
    Realm definitely reminds me of The Sims Makin' Magic! That expansion pack had an awesome magic neighborhood where you could only buy houses using the magical currency. If they did something like that again, I think that would bring an awesome new dimension to the game.

Though if it is a gamepack, not sure if they would make an entire "world."

Whether they would have different types of witches/warlocks is an interesting related question. Like in The Sims 2 Apartment Life, witches could be designated as having light or dark magic if I remember correctly. That mixed with different realms could provide a quest line maybe?
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I really hope they include children. Those tailless mermaid kids and vampire kids with randonly generated dark side in household managment look horrible. We have disguise for alien toddlers, why not extend that to all occult sims. Really hope for Harry Potter vibes with kiddos.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Something like this...
    d68aou6.gif
    giphy.gif
    E8GA.gif
    source.gif
    the-shambles-york.jpg
    OOMdb9x.gif
    202bac46a856ed6dcf485a20d8b98a4a.gif

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think of a medieval fantasy world. Or something like In Once Upon A Time (the tv series).
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    Me, I'm thinking of rounded walls, circular stairs, turrets and moats with some forests and cottages, medieval wallpaper and hangings, additional water tools, magic frogs, kings,queens, (crowns), princes, princesses, (tiaras), witches, fairies......dragons?

Nothing, absolutely nothing can match up to my imagination so it will probably be some of these. :)

PS: forgot...broomsticks? :D
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    You know, I think Realm of Magic would have made a great EP and Island Living the GP. Realm of Magic is broad enough that so much could be included! While I don't know that they could have had all supernaturals in an EP, they could have had a combination of Makin' Magic, Hogwarts/magic school, witches, fairies etc.

But, that's not the case obviously. I'm excited for ROM but also worried that though this should be my favorite GP/occult pack it won't live up to expectations. Supernatural was one of my favorite packs in the Sims 3 and Makin Magic was so creative in Sims 1.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    You know, I think Realm of Magic would have made a great EP and Island Living the GP. Realm of Magic is broad enough that so much could be included! While I don't know that they could have had all supernaturals in an EP, they could have had a combination of Makin' Magic, Hogwarts/magic school, witches, fairies etc.

But, that's not the case obviously. I'm excited for ROM but also worried that though this should be my favorite GP/occult pack it won't live up to expectations. Supernatural was one of my favorite packs in the Sims 3 and Makin Magic was so creative in Sims 1.

I was hoping it would be an EP too. :(

I definitely would have thought Island Living to be the GP instead and it does feel like a Game Pack with a larger world. It really didn't expand much.

I had high hopes for something bigger with a magic concept because I can think of so many, many things that could be put into it. But then, Vampires is my all-time favorite pack and I just love Jungle Adventures, so it still has potential to be amazing. Plus, I do have a lot of faith in @SimGuruNinja (no pressure on him or anything, lol) and a few of the devs seem genuinely excited about it and I feel like they want to talk about it but can't.

I'm just here waiting for that first teaser to drop so I can pounce all over the info, lol.
    #Team Occult
    This is my worry too, that I want the pack so much I am going to be disappointed. I think there are bound to be people who feel this way as there are so many iterations possible of witches and witchcraft, let alone a plethora of other magical beings to live in the realm. I really do not want it to be Harry Potteresque, I have had my fill of that franchise, but I absolutely recognise that it is still hugely popular with a great many people who would be equally disappointed if nothing similar was included in RoM. Whatever they give us, I mostly hope it is not half-baked, better fewer things well done than lots of things with little attention or detail (mermaids).