Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with adopted toddler

KarlssonhoodKarlssonhood Posts: 36 Member
So, my family adopted two toddlers. A random boy from the game, and a girl that was previously neglected in another family I built.

Now, I'm having some trouble with the girl. She refuses to learn to walk, talk and go on the potty. I've tried multiple times a day during her time as a toddler and she throws a fit every time. Her stats are good and she has a good relationship with her parents so that can't be the issue. The boy doesn't have these difficulties.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be because of the previous neglect she encountered?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    I haven't had a problem like that. If the toddler isn't tired or hungry then they're pretty agreeable and easy to play. :(
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    You should discipline that rebellious streak out of her before the other kid gets any ideas! (joking)
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    Toddlers are already like a box o' chocolates...never know what you'll get. Adopted, though, are like a box box of live grenades. I'd ground 'em if I were you. Anything could set the children off, so strict disciplinary action is required, more so with the adopted than the "I was pregnant so I popped a kid out" children.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    is her aspiration in the red?
  • KarlssonhoodKarlssonhood Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you for the answers! Unfortunately I'm playing sims 2 so I'm not sure they apply. Her aspiration wasn't red, but I just let her grow up not having learned those skills. Was just curious about the reason for her behavior :)
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thank you for the answers! Unfortunately I'm playing sims 2 so I'm not sure they apply. Her aspiration wasn't red, but I just let her grow up not having learned those skills. Was just curious about the reason for her behavior :)

Generally thats low mood/low needs stuff going on. Also, toddlers refuse potty training if the bladder bar is full :)
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.