Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Island Living Review is up!

The moment supreme of any pack release is here:
https://youtu.be/-gzq2nZjHUY

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oooh yay! Something to do after work tonight. :D Every time EA has a big pack sale, I wind up rewatching his reviews for ideas.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oooh yay! Something to do after work tonight. :D

I'll actually be hiding on the loo right now just to watch it 😂😂😂 #simsaddicts
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Best review yet.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Completely agree with him! This feels like a game pack.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Awesome job by Clint as always. :*
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »

That beginning though 😂 I like the pack but I had to laugh at the 20 dollar pack part.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

That beginning though 😂 I like the pack but I had to laugh at the 20 dollar pack part.

Yeah, it's funny because it's true. LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I usually don't watch him, but I hear he's critical of TS4 content so I wanted to see his review of IL. I totally agree with his feelings that it is lacking in content and seems more like a game pack.
    I usually don't watch him, but I hear he's critical of TS4 content so I wanted to see his review of IL. I totally agree with his feelings that it is lacking in content and seems more like a game pack.

He may be critical but I really believe that for the most part he's just trying to be honest without being insulting.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Watched it. Didn't think it was nearly as in depth as the other review though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

Which one? Strangerville?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I enjoyed his review and while it was not an scorching review it does point out alot of negative and positive points. He appears to like the pack but as many other feels that it is not worth $40. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I sort of feel the way he does. I kind of wish it was $30 as it’s almost in between a GP and EP to me as far as gameplay (world, BB and CAS are all incredible and EP worthy). I agree with a lot of what he said. I like the pack just feels like it’s missing something and I can’t even pinpoint what. It has some great gameplay but not enough. I haven’t played mermaids yet so can’t comment on that they do seem better than 3 as to what they can do and the customization levels but they should have a secret lot of some sort. It’s really sad they don’t. The aspiration is also a bit lame one of the worst ones we have and I think it almost proves shallow gameplay as it’s very shallow.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Very accurate.

Sometimes I disagree with him, but I think this review is spot on to how I feel about this expansion.

When I first saw the trailer I said it looked more like a Game Pack, and after playing it, I still have the same opinion. It's good to see that others are speaking up about this too. This pack feels unfinished.
    #Team Occult
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I always have the same feeling as him, we can see he's a long date simmer.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Very informative as always. Got to see a lot more than the official trailer so have a better idea of what's in it, whicn makes for a more informed buy/don't buy decision.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    mmm so the pack isn't bad it's just kinda...meh-ish? There's a lot more they could of done, compared to isla paradiso it just seems a bit shallow for an island pack.
    giphy.gif

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

What do you mean by "in depth"? I think he mentioned literally everything there is to do in this new pack.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Honest, but critical. Can't find a better reviewer. Good job again! Especially the last part where most of the good stuff is actually already patched in free, so it makes the EP even more shallow. EA seems to be digging it's own grave. You would almost say they are doing it on purpose.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yep. Good game pack. Not expansion pack.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    As always, good review! :smile:

And, yes, I agree with him that this pack is definitely lacking, and I say this as someone who enjoys playing Sims 4 and who still loves parts of the pack.

It really says something when a fan like me is agreeing that one of my most favorite themed packs is lacking...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    It really says something when a fan like me is agreeing that one of my most favorite themed packs is lacking...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that part :( I absolutely love and had been waiting since the beginning for seasons and a magic-themed pack and I'd be absolutely disappointed if I felt either of those were noticeably lacking :/
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that part :( I absolutely love and had been waiting since the beginning for seasons and a magic-themed pack and I'd be absolutely disappointed if I felt either of those were noticeably lacking :/

Yeah, luckily I got this pack for a reduced price, so it’s not too bad. I do prefer the mermaids in this pack, at least, even if they are lacking as well.

Island Paradise does have more immersion to it, I will give it that, but I got bored with that one too and the mermaids were still lame, so I can’t go back to Sims 3. But I will give Sims 3 credit for its quantity and in-depth quality of content. I’m missing some stuff from Sims 3.

Just too bad I don’t like Sims 3 in general...

So I’m stuck with this pack for now for island content, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)