March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Let's look at a few reasons why.

Unlike TS2 or TS3, TS4 has been built on such a small scale, with limited gameplay, I will be happy the day it has ended and TS5 possibly revealed. Or maybe I won't if this trend keeps up into the future of half baked, limited, buggy games.

Everyone has an opinion about the new EP. Think on that a minute. Here is my opinion. Expansion. Does that mean a handful of animations or should that mean content that expands the entire game and base? I think most Simmers believe it should expand the entire game. What does the new EP do? Not much.

This is the fourth iteration of this series. The fourth, let that sink in. Twenty years of experience. Twenty years of hearing from their core fans and interacting with them. No, this is not the first team that ever chatted with players. But this is the first team that has thrown out every excuse in the book.

Points I want to make strongly.

JetSki, yay, but how is it better than the last one? It's not, it goes around in circles. We have seen it before, so shouldn't it be better? Yes, it should it's the fouth iteration. If anyone can say going around in a circle is better, here is a bridge.

Boat..seen it before, how is it better? It's not. How many can participate compared to past boats? Seriously, is it better? No.

Is the world in the pack better than any other world of this type in any other game, seriously? No, because of limited space for lots. You can't say a nice world (might be pretty) is better than a world that is pretty and allows over a hundred lots. That's just not logical. So, no, it's not better than anything that has ever come before.

Mermaids, are they better than the last ones? Are you kidding? No.

Scuba diving..wait, there isn't any. Most people don't scuba dive on the edge of water but deep dive if they pay to dive at a tourist trap. How is this better than the last time? A rabbit hole..please, talk to the hand.

Tanning, but not all skin types can tan or burn? Is that better than last time? No.

Cleaning up the beach, sure that's new, but is it any better to do that than say not to do it? What stands out that makes this gameplay so important than what you have already seen in past games? not much, because guess what the other games have flowers grow etc. when it is spring etc. trees change, grass changes, more flowers bloom etc. So, nothing new here to see, other than a strong message on environment health by Maxis.

Exploring, how many Sims can do this together? I hear crickets.

Finding stuff, aka collecting, does the Sim care? Are you sure? Moodlet gameplay, wow, isn't that exciting? Or do they even get one? Were they aware of what they found? Does it matter to them or is it important?...no. It will go right out of their head next day.

Clothes choices, o.k. do you really believe those who live on an island wear outfits that are sold in tourists trap stores? Number one rule of when you visit, blend in, don't wear flowery tourists clothes.

Segregation, can't hire Sims who don't live on the island? Bug? who messed up that? Preach inclusiveness but Quality Control misses can't hire Sims from other worlds?

Why should anyone spend $40 on this? Glory days of this series are way over.

ETA: Not finished with my opinions.

Oh, it expanded the game alright, enough to break DO. Priceless.

Swimming in ocean, is it any better than twenty years ago? No, it's limited to one world. One type of water terrain. Wow, shouldn't we all be excited?
( I hear the excuses right now).

Making a new drink....snooze fest. $40 to watch that, really? Does it do anything? No one has said it does. Or is that too, just a moodlet?

New career....wow, one whole new career, how is that better than four or five in previous EPs? It must be so amazing it took up all the budget right? Surely it did to have only one new career in an Expansion pack.

Part time work..rabbit hole life guard, wow, I can't wait to see that.

Lounge chair as part of the patch for this EP. Why bother.

Underwater scenery, 1st person view, oh, wait, non existant.

Animators I'm sure you do an excellent job but those over you must really frustrate you when they limit you to a circle and or tell you just reuse the same animations from the base game. I feel your pain. Or maybe some don't care and just slap on the last used animation.

Romance one would expect on a tropical island which doesn't include woohoo..where is it in this pack? Moonlight strolls? no. Sitting together arms around each other on the shore? no. Hand holding walking along the beach? no A romantic boat ride? No Moonlit swims together? no

But the same excuses it's too hard and too expensive for an Expansion. And that wasn't the focus..ok, but exactly what was the focus? because this pack didn't expand anything and did it worse than anything we had already in older games. Pitiful.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I'm not going to disagree that IL looks weak. Haven't bought, and packs have reached the point where they're only worthwhile if bought on sale. Still:
    • I really want them to take their time on TS5. I'm reminded of a quote; "A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever". Most of the core weaknesses in TS4 came from having to change direction midstream and rush production, I don't want the same thing to happen to TS5.
    • TS5 will not be and should not be TS3+. Especially because TS3 is still available. Of course some old standbys like pets and weather should return, but I'd rather the team try breaking new ground.

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I just want a Farming Expansion and Hotels and then I‘m done
    tenor.gif?itemid=11395337
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member

Don't let them know that! We won't get our Farming pack until they've given us another 10........... :o
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Let's look at a few reasons why.

Unlike TS2 or TS3, TS4 has been built on such a small scale, with limited gameplay, I will be happy the day it has ended and TS5 possibly revealed. Or maybe I won't if this trend keeps up into the future of half baked, limited, buggy games.

Everyone has an opinion about the new EP. Think on that a minute. Here is my opinion. Expansion. Does that mean a handful of animations or should that mean content that expands the entire game and base? I think most Simmers believe it should expand the entire game. What does the new EP do? Not much.

This is the fourth iteration of this series. The fourth, let that sink in. Twenty years of experience. Twenty years of hearing from their core fans and interacting with them. No, this is not the first team that ever chatted with players. But this is the first team that has thrown out every excuse in the book.

Points I want to make strongly.

JetSki, yay, but how is it better than the last one? It's not, it goes around in circles. We have seen it before, so shouldn't it be better? Yes, it should it's the fouth iteration. If anyone can say going around in a circle is better, here is a bridge.

Boat..seen it before, how is it better? It's not. How many can participate compared to past boats? Seriously, is it better? No.

Is the world in the pack better than any other world of this type in any other game, seriously? No, because of limited space for lots. You can't say a nice world (might be pretty) is better than a world that is pretty and allows over a hundred lots. That's just not logical. So, no, it's not better than anything that has ever come before.

Mermaids, are they better than the last ones? Are you kidding? No.

Scuba diving..wait, there isn't any. Most people don't scuba dive on the edge of water but deep dive if they pay to dive at a tourist trap. How is this better than the last time? A rabbit hole..please, talk to the hand.

Tanning, but not all skin types can tan or burn? Is that better than last time? No.

Cleaning up the beach, sure that's new, but is it any better to do that than say not to do it? What stands out that makes this gameplay so important than what you have already seen in past games? not much, because guess what the other games have flowers grow etc. when it is spring etc. trees change, grass changes, more flowers bloom etc. So, nothing new here to see, other than a strong message on environment health by Maxis.

Exploring, how many Sims can do this together? I hear crickets.

Finding stuff, aka collecting, does the Sim care? Are you sure? Moodlet gameplay, wow, isn't that exciting? Or do they even get one? Were they aware of what they found? Does it matter to them or is it important?...no. It will go right out of their head next day.

Clothes choices, o.k. do you really believe those who live on an island wear outfits that are sold in tourists trap stores? Number one rule of when you visit, blend in, don't wear flowery tourists clothes.

Segregation, can't hire Sims who don't live on the island? Bug? who messed up that? Preach inclusiveness but Quality Control misses can't hire Sims from other worlds?

Why should anyone spend $40 on this? Glory days of this series are way over.

ETA: Not finished with my opinions.

Oh, it expanded the game alright, enough to break DO. Priceless.

Swimming in ocean, is it any better than twenty years ago? No, it's limited to one world. One type of water terrain. Wow, shouldn't we all be excited?
    ( I hear the excuses right now).

Making a new drink....snooze fest. $40 to watch that, really? Does it do anything? No one has said it does. Or is that too, just a moodlet?

New career....wow, one whole new career, how is that better than four or five in previous EPs? It must be so amazing it took up all the budget right? Surely it did to have only one new career in an Expansion pack.

Part time work..rabbit hole life guard, wow, I can't wait to see that.

Lounge chair as part of the patch for this EP. Why bother.

Underwater scenery, 1st person view, oh, wait, non existant.

Animators I'm sure you do an excellent job but those over you must really frustrate you when they limit you to a circle and or tell you just reuse the same animations from the base game. I feel your pain. Or maybe some don't care and just slap on the last used animation.

Romance one would expect on a tropical island which doesn't include woohoo..where is it in this pack? Moonlight strolls? no. Sitting together arms around each other on the shore? no. Hand holding walking along the beach? no A romantic boat ride? No Moonlit swims together? no

But the same excuses it's too hard and too expensive for an Expansion. And that wasn't the focus..ok, but exactly what was the focus? because this pack didn't expand anything and did it worse than anything we had already in older games. Pitiful.

Oh you're so right...Pff they will never understand. If they really did listen us, since 2015 things should have improved but nope!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Well not sure if i agree or dissagree but i enjoy a lot whit playing sims 4 but also it haven't improved from sims 2 and 3. I mean we have always had to buy same things like seasons, pets etc for new sims serie but we have also get new features and possibilities but not in sims 4. Kinda i like how sims 4 is and all that but would i continue to buy every few years new sims serie when it's not improved and different from past serie? i don't think so. Even tho i love sims 4 now it took me over 2 years after release to buy it because it was missing important things. Gurus have also told that they change things and don't want to always do the same thing but in this case it always just mean that they take away features from past sims games and make it sims 4 expansion. I mean for me sims 3 packs were not that interesting but just because i didn't use those features it had to offer but for others they did.
    But i'm not ready to sims 5 cuz i like sims 4 and i've being invested this game and whit sims 5 it mean again only base game and waiting same things but not just cuz that since i being doing that always since beginning of sims but cuz i don't think EA would improve sims that much from older sims games. The waiting sucks so it would be just easier to play something that have already those things and don't have to buy them all over again knowing there is not much anything improved or new.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019

You get an "AWESOME" just for that GIF and comment, lol! I also agree with the farming and hotel features too!

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So I don't quite understand what is wrong with Island Living?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Read all the posts on the forum that complain about it including right in this thread. You can't avoid it, lol!

Read all the posts on the forum that complain about it including right in this thread. You can't avoid it, lol!
    I see nothing wrong with it and if I wanted Sims 4 to be a rehash of past games I wouldn't have bought it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I see nothing wrong with it and if I wanted Sims 4 to be a rehash of past games I wouldn't have bought it.

That is based on what you think about IL, other people have different ideas and opinions that differs from yours and that is okay.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I thought you haven't played the game in years?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

That is based on what you think about IL, other people have different ideas and opinions that differs from yours and that is okay.
    Ok but you need to realize this isn't Sims 2 or 3 and it doesn't need to measure up to either game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have to admit I'm longing for Sims 4 to come to an end and hoping for an announcement of a better game in its place - one that puts back whatever is missing from Sims 3. There is so much missing! So many little details that immersed the player are no longer there. I'm not going to write what is missing - life is too short to create such a long list!

I'm hoping that a new game will be built on an engine which allows the same freedom that players of Sims 3 enjoyed - creating their own environments and worlds; adding and placing lots in different places; build and buy items that can be matched up, at least with a colour wheel if not CasT; cars; having a reason to drive to town or into the country; watching children sims walk into school, waiting for a sim outside their workplace; chatting with sims outside the bookstore. One thing I really, really miss is the opportunity to create visitors lots where the player could place varying items that npc's would all use. This allowed so much freedom for each and every player to create an environment suited to their own taste.

Something I really liked about Sims 3 was that the town felt like coming home. The npc's were regular, you knew them all and you knew their personalities. In Sims 4, the player doesn't know anyone. They are all different, random people. Sims 3 was like living in a small town where people know each other. Sims 4 is like living in a city where no-one knows anyone else and you're on your own. There is no familiarity at all.

I live in hope. I don't want to see another expansion in this game. I want to see a new game; I really, really do - even if it means going back to a base game because a base game that is built correctly, allowing players more freedom from the outset would be far more valuable. If a game is going to be good, it needs a solid foundation which will allow for expansion. Sims 4 feels like it was build on sand.

These are just my thoughts and my own feelings about the game and I apologise if they don't match certain other players' feelings about the game.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top