Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ugly townies bother you? Do you find townies ugly?

Comments

• SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    But those clothes though! UGH!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't know how to vote in this. The townies themselves don't bother me, it's more realistic to have some unattractive sims in the mix. What really does bother me is their awful outfits with so many accessories piled on, socks with sandals, eyeball rings, stupid looking hats and for some reason sims missing their pants? It really just ruins the whole feel of the game for me when I see this.

• Dud3tteDud3tte Posts: 23 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    I don't care about the appearance of townies unless my sim is dating them. Then, after they move in, I might change a few of their outfits, maybe all (depends on how bad I think it is), but for the most part, it's not that bad.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    If my sims make friends with a townie or even in a romantic relationship, I have to fix them up completely in cas.
  • AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    Most townie are attractive. I like it.
    If we're talking about 3, yes. Their features are often fine, but the hairstyles and outfits just don't help them. Benjamin Schmidt is a good example. I was surprised he was a young adult, he looks like a middle-aged man. One of my Sims married him and I gave him a makeover. His old self looks like his father. 4, no. I find few who look ugly. Their outfits are well put together.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2019
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    When I say all/most townies are ugly, I’m referring to the bugged out, pear-shaped monsters that are currently the majority that get generated and the broken outfits. I don’t expect, nor want, every Sim in my game to be a super model, but at this point, 99% of what gets generated in my game comes in the shape of a pear, with Mis-matched genetics and looking like they just robbed a thrift store run by clowns. 😑🤨

couldn't agree more! i myself don't mind unique looking sims at all, hence why i was such a fan of the Bunch family in ts 3: deffo not the prettiest people but they were so interesting because they were unique, especially Lisa (the snobby queen bee who thinks she is the hottest around even tho Bella and Kaylynn beg to differ in reality) and Darlene (far from a model but she just has that rough around the edges tomboy vibe and i LOVED her for that, plus she is SO adorable as a kid!), but the random townies in ts 4 are just weird, and god i really HATE that pear shape bias the game has on males! i never even bother to even look at them when searching for a mate for my females… more than often my females turn lesbian just because the game throws nothing but pearshaped monsters at my sims as dating material since the premades usually gradually vanish from public lots (except for the ones doing what these stupid randoms are ment to be doing like being bouncers and such) if enough randoms are spawned and boy do they spawn a LOT since Get Famous!

i have absolutely nothing against out of the box looks, i even applaud sim diversity, but no... i really dislike random generated sims in TS 4 because they are just disgusting to look at (i mean a redheaded african called Genji Yamamoto with tiny shoulders, a beer belly and huge hips and that same walk Summer Holiday and Zoe Patel have, that feminine walk? for real???), they Always have those terribly mixed CL outfits with excessive accessories and those same old asian names: i Always have the same old Genjis and Yamamoto and Murakami, at least 3 or 4 each and they often have crappy mismatching traits as well. they are generally just uninteresting: they are just there… at least the premades have a story to them and traits/aspirations that match that story
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    All/most townies are ugly. It really bothers me.
    I dont get annoyed by their facial feature but their stickman or pearshaped body along with awful choice of clothing and very white hair/brows but has dark skin and bright eyes. That annoys me. But sometime the game spawned nice looking sim usually those who hangs at the gym because their body wont be pearshaped.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Most townies are not ugly.
    No - bad clothes choices and hair do's would bother me more. I am not judging anyone by how they look - just how they act and their attire. Although I did taper down Vlliads nose a bit in a past save. He does sport his full nose though in my present save. LOL. I absolutely will change their wardrobe though as not all body types need to be in all clothes - at least not in my game. LOL. And animals hats - well just no - not in my game if the sim is over 10 and the sim is not a clown.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2019
    I hate the townies, they always wear some ugly hair, are fat, pear shaped, have generic features and wear FANTASY SKIN COLORS.
    And when compared to my Sims that wear the nicest hair, are slim and have the muscle meter cranked up to around 70%, perfect, natural shape, sharp great face features such as nice eyes, thicc lips, great shaped noses, never wear fantasy skin colors and also use skin detais, they really suck.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    For me, I don't mind unattractive Sims as townies, I do only play attractive ones cause I'm shallow. It's more that I dislike that the name, hair, skin tone doesn't match, and clothes choices. I edit all my Sims in game, I often give Asian eyed Sims yellow toned skin, an Asian name and dark hair, for example. Or make a dark hair and skinned townies african- American, middle eastern, or south african, I use Google a lot for names.

I like diversity in my game so that is part of it too. Really as long as the Sims have bodies and facial features that are not wildly disporportinant, I'm ok with them.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    That's why I edit the sims to be way too attractive
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I usually leave them alone. Every now and then I'll give them new clothes or something because I get a bit bored seeing them always wearing the same thing. There's only so many times in different saves that I can see Bella wearing that red dress. With that said though, I do tend to put another red dress on her :D. As far as randomly generated townies, I mostly ignore or delete them.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Plus, I don't understand people saying "People have imperfections", but when you see a fat, pairshaped, Sim with a Stylish Jacket, swimming shorts and clown shoes, do you just say "Meh, everybody has imperfections."?
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    I delete majority of the townies the game generates, since I don't want my sims to have any kind of relationship with those deformed, hideously dressed creatures. I am not opposed to game-generated townies as a principle, but until they start looking more like someone you would meet in real life instead of something a mad scientist experimented on, wrapped in the worst possible outfits one could imagine, delete button is my friend.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Most townie are attractive. I like it.
    The premades aren't ugly but sometimes their kids are.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2019
    My gripe is the overabundance of certain types spawning in my cas new sim design and in random townie spawning. Why are so many of the female sims spawning really overweight? Why are so many of the male sim spawning with derpy faces and beards? I'm seeing less of the What the heck are you wearing, thankfully. I'd like a little more variance, I guess.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    All/most townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    It doesn't bother me because I delete them all. No, not the premades of course. I let them be...
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited June 2019
    There's only so many times in different saves that I can see Bella wearing that red dress. With that said though, I do tend to put another red dress on her :disappointed:D

Hahaha Bella not dressed in red is just not Bella Goth!

But yeah, sometimes you have to change it up a bit, and some premades just look so much better with just a new outfit and hairdo! you'd be amazed how stunning sims like Luna Villareal, Siobhan Fyres, Summer Holiday and a few other will look when given a little love!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yes, they’re terrible. And it’s such a hassle going through and editing each one that I turned to MCCC and now I have the game import townies from my tray.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I am constantly changing their clothes. Or the fact that they have blue eyebrows and blond hair or no eyebrows at all. Or that their walk styles don't match their personalities.
  • BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    It's more the odd randomised outfit/hair choices which bother me. I sometimes go into CAS and give them makeovers (although I don't change their face or body).
    edited June 2019
    kj14gid.png
    yet another piece of pearshaped garbage spawned (the guy with the dreads and that godawful moustache -.-)...btw why does the game spawn so many elders anyways??? -.- and the game had the audacity to try and have one of my females do an autonomous flirty greeting on this atrocity! thank god i was able to stop it from happening! i hate it so much when the game tries to decide for me whom to greet! who said i wanted to know this 🐸🐸🐸🐸??? to have him spam those aggrevating calls all day and drop into my home without my permission?? i don't think so!

this type of random generated sim is what really bothers me. Always the freaking pearshaped elders invading in droves every single time. it drives me insane and is the main reason why i just stick to my own lot these days unless i want to try and meet peeps i actually want to know...but the random vermin already pretty much dominates the world once again...
  • MegamiNyxMegamiNyx Posts: 24 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    To me it's more that I hate the randomized outfits. They can be downright crazy at times.

But I don't think too much about them.

I agree 100%. I find myself when I am in town using the modify in CAS on Sims I am not playing because it bothers me so much.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    To me it's more that I hate the randomized outfits. They can be downright crazy at times.

But I don't think too much about them.

This says it all. It is the OUTFITS that drive me crazy. purple socks in sandal shoes with striped leggings and a skirt...it is like HUH
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The thing that bothers me the most, other than the outfits, is the narrow shoulders. I swear 75% of all townies have that wide-hipped, narrow shouldered physique. Even the men.