Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited June 2019
    I want Homeschooling, I am tired of Sims kids going to that rabbit hole school. If they have no plans to give Sims kids proper schooling then at lease give them a choice of Home School, (proper homeschooling) Please
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • NightPhoenixVNightPhoenixV Posts: 10 New Member
    If there's three things I really want in sims that I feel isn't that difficult. The first would be Return of the lore. It still somewhat exists in sims 4 but it doesn't feel like there's anything hidden or to speculate on that we didn't already know. This can be easily changed by editing the profiles of older known families and some new ones and introduce strange habits that only the most eagle-eyed simmer might notice. coincidentally this also makes game play a little more fun when the unexpected occurs so not only loremongers like myself would enjoy it.

Talking about hidden stuff, my next thing is that. there's just not enough hidden content. yes there's hidden traits that you can't see but its all really natural game progression things. The only hidden content is the mystery worlds and the grilled cheese aspiration. players like me live for the secret stuff. there would probably be an uproar if EA released a secrets stuff pack that had more stuff like hidden doors and lots of things you cant get through just regular game play. I however would be pretty content.

And lastly the game just makes it too hard to die for a survival simmer like me. my sim keeps on top of most its needs all by itself and events that actually kill a sim are few in number. kitchen fire or sunlight (for a vampire sim) is probably the easiest way and if i'm paying the slightest attention every now and then to the rest of my lot sims it will never happen. So please add a difficulty option for players who want to shout at the game and actually feel sad or surprised when i sim dies. (Hardcore mode)
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2019
    some more random things i'd like to see:

the option to keep worlds separate (don't want sulani sims in newcrest, random celebrities in willow creek, etc)
    fingernails/claws
    body hair
    lots more hair color swatches
    chinese takeout
    wants & fears
    lifetime aspirations
    turn ons & turn offs
    funerals
    vacations (hotels, resorts, cruddy motels, etc)
    memories
    burglars, police, etc
    actual plantsims
    freed babies
    sharing number with chosen sims instead of every sim having it
    werewolves and fairies (since witches are already coming <3)
    speaking of witches, i'd love if they could pass down a family grimoire/spellbook
    playable grim reaper

a Generations-like pack (parenthood was nice but it was just for raising kids, i want every life stage to feel unique)

a nice post from reddit suggesting content for elders:
    Knitting! My grandmother taught my sister and cousins how to knit as children, and now they're well into their 30s and they still do it to this day. Knitting would be a great way to unlock new cold-weather outfits since there's a startling lack of those. Scarves, mittens, sweaters, coats, and layered combinations of all of the above, there's so much potential here. And since cold-weather outfits are part of the base game, this content need not be exclusive to Seasons!

Babysitting! Let's face it, we could hire a Nanny, but every new mother I know calls on her own mother for help looking after the wee ones. Why not give us the opportunity to call our Sims' parents over instead of hiring a Nanny?

New Walk Styles! Walking sticks, rollators... you get the idea.

Grandparent-Grandchild Interactions: "You know, back in my day..." that sort of thing. Let's have our Elders impart their knowledge onto their grandkids- this could be as simple as giving a Child or Teen Sims a head-start on a skill that the Elder has a high level in, or inspiring the grandkid to have a high-scoring Whim to join the same career as their grandparent.

Family Recipes! When a Sim reaches Adulthood, they might gain the ability to craft a Family Recipe. And, once they're an Elder, they could then pass on that recipe to younger family members, who can then pass it down to their descendants. Lumpy Mashed Potatoes, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Grandma's Comfort Soup (from TS2), you know, proper, homestyle cooking, just like Grandma used to make!

New Traits! Sims who age up from Teen to Young Adult get bonus Traits in Parenthood, but I'd like to see something similar happen in the transition from Adult to Elder, perhaps as a consequence of reaching max level in a Career, or seeing your children grow up well. These could range from the negative- "Forgetful" might make Sims refresh their Whims at a more frequent rate (no need to make it full-on Dementia after all!), to the positive- "Retirement Fund" might allow Elder Sims to gain some bonus Simoleons every few days to live out their twilight years without needing to work themselves into an early grave.

- ArtVandelayImporters
    Post edited by BOY on
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Ok. Here goes. Just random small things I wrote down in one night of gaming. Like it took me actually no effort whatsoever, these just pop in my mind every time I play, but I've been lazy and not writing them down.
    Sorry for lack of grammar and capital letters at some points, if there is some, I checked the text only once.
    --
    WHAT I WISH I WAS NOT UNABLE TO DO -list:

Unable to ask own children to move in. Why can't I ask my own son/daughter to move in with me, but have to go through manage worlds/household management every time.

Unable to mix drink in while eating. Please Sarah, put that plate down and pour the drink without me specifically telling you to do so. No. Nope. Why. Why, Sarah? Fine, I’ll do it. Put. That. Plate. Down. I command you.

Unable to work extra hours in ordinary jobs. It is utterly and completely unfair. Why do the scientists and actors etc. get to do the extra for the much needed promotion, huh?

Unable to organize contacts by frienship level (eg. first the ones with best relationship with, and 
at the bottom your despised contacts / the other way around). I want to invite my best pals, who - with me being a loner - are not friends, but aquaintances. Soooo… look for them through your list with like 1000 ghosts or so. You know what I mean, right?

Unable to delay leaving for invitations. My sim actually left food in the oven for a blind date. Dude, can’t you say "ok, in a hour or so, I'll just finish this firehazardous thingy I'm at on this very moment"? Even toddlers wait a while before daycare: they put their toys/plates down before leaving. Why is my adult sim this stupid?

Unable to “bind” objects to spesific sims: eg. my guitarist sim keeps forgetting his guitar everywhere. All the time. And he’s poor so can’t afford a new one every day. Or them kiddies/teens being unable to find homework while willing and wishing to have an “A”. I want this to be Marthas homework and that to be Louises, ok? I want them to put their own stuff in inventory after finishing interactions with it.

Unable to organize inventory on sim / household inventory. I’m reaaallly struggling to find what I look for mostly. Like 10 frogs, 30 different fruits, gems, unfinished songs and whatnots. Still no journal. MY journal, if I might add.
    (also on mac touchpad i find it struggly to drag&drop items. in and out of inventory. like selling stuff from inventory is sometimes nightmarish.)

Unable to pick sims favourite food/drink/sexual orientation preference/randomize. That’d really make them more real, you know. If (and when) I want to be me, for example, I’d get to pick my own preferences. I’d like rootbear float, grilled cheese and everyone. Just so you know.

Unable to keep the world alive and running, eg. npc dating, marrying and having children without me having to arrange stuff all the time, being a bit perfectionistic multi-household managing player as I tend to be. I know it’s a lot to ask, but hey: you can always dream.

Unable to see how old my sims kids are if not in the same household. Like I think I’m supposed to know how old lil’Frankie is and when is his birthday/age up day. Jeez. I’m his dad even if I live next door. This would be added quite easily to the family tree section for example.

Unable to randomize books in a bookshelf while buying a bookself. I’m really so tired of reading Crisis Barn over and over again… I wouldn't mind if it would cost me more, but Untamed Treachery of the Heart is also soooo last season.

Unable to switch all columns on lot at once. I do sometimes change my mind after placing like a billion zillion of those darn things. And. It. Kills. Me. It kills me inside when I need to replace them one by one.

Unable to sort items for their properties (such as most comfortable couch, most hygienic shower, most enviromental wall decor etc). Sometimes I really need to be quick or be dead.

Unable to save memories. i miss those times when i really could just check what had been going on with a household i haven’t played in a long time.

--
    So that's all for now. I just need to add that even though the list might seem like there's a lot wrong with the game in my mind, it's still the best game ever and I love it.

-adduapina
    origin ID: adduapina
  • EldircoraEldircora Posts: 40 Member
    I love how lounge chairs were added to base game, I just wish you could do things while laying on them, like reading books, using phone, watching tv.

I wanted to use cat/dog hangout lot trait for having pets come around and hang out with my sims from time to time, but it turned out all of them are sick, they can get into the house and they make huge mess. I don't really get the point of this trait.

Lastly, I wish babies that are crying would wake up at least the people that are sleeping in the same room.
  • NightPhoenixVNightPhoenixV Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Eldircora said:
    > I love how lounge chairs were added to base game, I just wish you could do things while laying on them, like reading books, using phone, watching tv.
    >
    > I wanted to use cat/dog hangout lot trait for having pets come around and hang out with my sims from time to time, but it turned out all of them are sick, they can get into the house and they make huge mess. I don't really get the point of this trait.
    >
    > Lastly, I wish babies that are crying would wake up at least the people that are sleeping in the same room.

they seemed to wake up my sim but I avoid toddlers and babies in most of my games. maybe your sims are deep sleepers?
  • SephirajoSephirajo Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't know if this is a bug or what, but mermaids should REALLY be able to use the soaks that come with spa day. Not having that makes no sense at all.
    edited June 2019
    Eldircora wrote: »
    I love how lounge chairs were added to base game, I just wish you could do things while laying on them, like reading books, using phone, watching tv.

I wanted to use cat/dog hangout lot trait for having pets come around and hang out with my sims from time to time, but it turned out all of them are sick, they can get into the house and they make huge mess. I don't really get the point of this trait.

Lastly, I wish babies that are crying would wake up at least the people that are sleeping in the same room.

I agree with you!
    My dog did come to sit next to me when I was in my lounge chair, very close to me almost under the lounge chair, It was more like my dog was worried about the fact that I could not move even to look over at him lol, maybe my dog thought I was dying hehe.
    worst the sleep animation in the lounge chair, only animates your head to one side hahaha like you just died, sad, but
    funny hehe.

Please fix this, please do not make us wait years.

A solution: to the head fall to one side sleep/die animation,
    EA, could just give the Sim a sleep pillow they take out and put under their head, that way it looks more natural like they are going to sleep. Mostly if you went to sleep like that your neck would really hurt when you wake lol.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • MissmermerMissmermer Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to see the loading screen color tweaked to not be such a blinding white. I'm not saying it has to be black, but just something other than a bright, blinding color that would be better (easier on the eyes) when you're are playing at night/ in a dark room. I've been told that there is a mod (may not work since the Island Living release), but I'm playing on an Xbox, so no modding for me. The best I can do is turn down the contrast before I start the game, turn it back up once I get into the home I want to play in, then turn it back down again before I change houses/ change neighborhoods/travel anywhere/quit to main menu. It really is a pain.

I would also like to see the return of shaped stairs: spiral, curved, L and U. Or even DIY shaped stairs with adjustable height landings. And maybe, if possible, the ability to place stairs on the diagonal, instead of building the house on a diagonal to get the same look. Ladders would be awesome as well. Stairs, as they are, don't work well with small builds.

More carpet colors and patterns. The choices right now (at least with the packs I have) are either garish, too embellished, dirty or plain (no pattern). Plain, simple patterns, like a diamond print in subdued colors, would be nice.

Tile floors that match tiled walls. There are some very nice looking tile floors in the game, like those that came with Jungle Adventures, but they don't match anything but a white or black (and a few colors if you don't mind the shades being slightly different) painted wall. Same with brick and stone flooring. It's really hard to find matching walls.

I would also like to see the return of being able to choose bedding separate from bed frame. There have been so many times that I've had a color scheme and decorating theme in mind and I've had to change one in order to find a bed that matches. Either the frame matches or the bedding matches...but rarely ever do both match. And even the same with lower cabinets and counter tops.

I know that there are wall mail boxes for the apartments in City Living, but I would love to see wall mail boxes for use in non apartment buildings. And along the same lines, more mailbox styles. A mailbox surrounded by stone/brick would be lovely.

Windows. I would love to see some triangle windows that fit under the angle of a roof. And, if it's possible, being able to place certain windows on the same wall section, or overlapping but on different levels (think like an overlapping stair step pattern) or even over doors (if there is room, like short door/medium or tall wall). Windows like Light Box Window, Miniture Cross-shaped Casement, Energy King, Lemon-Slice Lunette, Square on Square, Modern Awning...just to name a few. Pretty much, any window that doesn't take up more than 1/4 of a short wall height.

Better cars, even if just for decoration. It's the one thing that would make any house complete...being able to have a garage or driveway with realistic looking cars. Yes, I can size up the toy/model cars, but they just dont look right. Of course, with being able to outfit a garage properly, that means we would need better garage doors. We could make due with the DIY Rollup Garage Door and DIY Garage Mural, but those are more industrial looking and don't really fit in with a family home. I don't even want to be able to drive them. I just want them for decoration.

Western theme stuff. Cow hide rug, steer horn wall decoration, more cowboy/cowgirl theme CAS stuff, horse paintings, western/south western color schemes for furniture. Maybe even with a farm animals pack...

It would also be nice to be able to put fences on the outer edge of the lot and not one block in. Maybe not walls, but at least fences and gates.

Lastly. Stuff for consoles...like Gallery. I saw well over a year ago that there was a team working on it, but I haven't seen anything since. PC players can choose to view homes/households with no CC, so that shouldn't be a problem to lock consoles to only non CC, until we get the ability to add CC as well. I'm not sure about Playstation, but on my Xbox I can view the gallery through my browser (Microsoft Edge), but I can't download them. And still on the consoles topic...Where is My First Pet Stuff for consoles? I know a lot of people don't want it, but there are so many build/buy items and things that should have been in Catd & Dogs (like pet clothing and pet bed choices and that cute aquarium table) that some of us console players want it.
  • JamilaBabeJamilaBabe Posts: 2 New Member
    Please make us able to go for all branches in each of the careers. The playstyle of wanting to play with one sim only and achieve everything is blocked by not being able to earn all the career rewards for branches.

o:)
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

You aren't fooling anyone.

We've given you lot feedback for years, and not much of it gets implemented.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Super simple request, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but can we please make Fishing a tradition to add when creating holidays? I always wondered why this wasn't an option from the start, but thought with all the fishing updates lately that it would certainly be added with the new pack, but it's still not. Has this been asked before, and if so, was there ever an answer given as to why we can't choose fishing as a tradition?
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    Is it possible that you be able to watch and learn from Will Wright's Masterclass that is now up - in teaching Game Design & Theory - as he truly knows how to create something that the players can dive into to make it their own?

Despite the graphics, Sims 1 is still one of the best games around - gameplay wise - as is Sims 2. Sims 3 for the open worlds - but, seriously - like someone above mentioned - we have been told to get with the times - nobody plays games like that anymore...

The only things going for these new games is the marketing and the fact that the Sims have been around for so long AND luckily the older versions are available to play.

It would be great if you would approach The Sims from the player's point of view for real - every pack & every activity is available in every type of neighborhood - not just piecemeal - just like the older versions - complete versions - woven throughout each area - to be able to make it a fully immersible game - especially for these prices.

It's ridiculous that you charge for something what has only a quarter of what the older games offer in terms of full gameplay.

We get it - marketing budgets, higher ups, shareholders, etc. - excuses - all of it - (SimCity 2013 is proof of how you guys wouldn't listen to the fans that helped keep these games going) - because how come they were able to create a fully immersive game way back when with a totally different smaller budget and it is the only reason Sims 4 is still around?

So, do you really want to know what we want or is this more of the same?

• WorldRocker2kWorldRocker2k Posts: 38 Member
    BETTER BEDS! I suggest that the Dev team fix beds so that each bed starts off at the same comfort/energy levels-low-and you need to upgrade it several times or have a 'mega-upgrade' that will give the bed the best settings all at once. This would be in the form of 'upgrade' which many electronics and other items in the game have. This would add more realism because every so often people do need to get new mattresses. This also fixes the issue people run into when creating bedrooms. They will probably choose the better functioning bed over the bed-der looking bed even if it doesn't match the surrounding furniture. Or vice versa, someone may sacrifice the quality of the Sims sleep just to have a nice duvet cover. I have no knowledge of how this would be created but you might not even need a new animation! Maybe just a poof of dust to show that it's changed like in build mode. I would really like to see this made because it adds realism and people can choose what bed they want without sacrificing quality! I've made this post 3 times before- once in 2015, 2016 and 2018-please share!
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    Functional elevators; a toll that can let us to turn the stairs into curvy ones; as Eldircora said: "I love how lounge chairs were added to base game, I just wish you could do things while laying on them, like reading books, using phone, watching tv" and I add: Sims on lounge chairs could talk to other Sims next to them (without getting up from the lounge chairs); infinity pools in beach lots; colored nails; piercings.
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    BETTER BEDS! I suggest that the Dev team fix beds so that each bed starts off at the same comfort/energy levels-low-and you need to upgrade it several times or have a 'mega-upgrade' that will give the bed the best settings all at once. This would be in the form of 'upgrade' which many electronics and other items in the game have. This would add more realism because every so often people do need to get new mattresses. This also fixes the issue people run into when creating bedrooms. They will probably choose the better functioning bed over the bed-der looking bed even if it doesn't match the surrounding furniture. Or vice versa, someone may sacrifice the quality of the Sims sleep just to have a nice duvet cover. I have no knowledge of how this would be created but you might not even need a new animation! Maybe just a poof of dust to show that it's changed like in build mode. I would really like to see this made because it adds realism and people can choose what bed they want without sacrificing quality! I've made this post 3 times before- once in 2015, 2016 and 2018-please share!

This and an extra wide (3 sim bed) awesome. please guru's take note.
  • bebesim4bebesim4 Posts: 1 New Member
    skateboards and maybe surfing to go with the island living pack?
  • KevinKingKevinKing Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!
    I really want to have the ability to choose from different nationalities for example: American, British, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc... for example:look like a real chinese.
    When we add the name: If you choose Korean: you need 3 spaces. For example: Lee Sung Kyung.
    And I really want the sim to speak a real language like English and etc..
    Please add this to the game!
    Is it possible that you be able to watch and learn from Will Wright's Masterclass that is now up - in teaching Game Design & Theory - as he truly knows how to create something that the players can dive into to make it their own?

Despite the graphics, Sims 1 is still one of the best games around - gameplay wise - as is Sims 2. Sims 3 for the open worlds - but, seriously - like someone above mentioned - we have been told to get with the times - nobody plays games like that anymore...

The only things going for these new games is the marketing and the fact that the Sims have been around for so long AND luckily the older versions are available to play.

It would be great if you would approach The Sims from the player's point of view for real - every pack & every activity is available in every type of neighborhood - not just piecemeal - just like the older versions - complete versions - woven throughout each area - to be able to make it a fully immersible game - especially for these prices.

It's ridiculous that you charge for something what has only a quarter of what the older games offer in terms of full gameplay.

We get it - marketing budgets, higher ups, shareholders, etc. - excuses - all of it - (SimCity 2013 is proof of how you guys wouldn't listen to the fans that helped keep these games going) - because how come they were able to create a fully immersive game way back when with a totally different smaller budget and it is the only reason Sims 4 is still around?

So, do you really want to know what we want or is this more of the same?

If we are looking to buy apples, and they are selling us nice red apples sure we will buy them, who cares if we bite into the apple and we get apple jacks.
    Point is we bought the apple.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Spiral Stairs,PLEASE!
    Fix Vampire Problems FIRST. Still have Hissing Vampire after Retrating three times.
    Pick at least one fear when choosing traits, example, sims would have Aspiration, four traits, one fear.
    Drum skill.
  • May90May90 Posts: 16 Member
    Different types of animals as pets.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Kaylen34 wrote: »

This and an extra wide (3 sim bed) awesome.

I can't imagine this working with TS4 pathing system.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Sims not wearing shoes...boots etc in the swimwear catagory in cas and random npc sims in the game doing the same....grrr
  • subhumandepthssubhumandepths Posts: 4 New Member
    actual care, effort and love put into the game. sims 4 is just a stupid cash-grab.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Kaylen34 wrote: »

This and an extra wide (3 sim bed) awesome.

I can't imagine this working with TS4 pathing system.

If it came with the ability of a toddler to get a cuddle from parents in the middle of it I'd got for the idea! It would need a lot of pathings system changes as you say.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top