Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims getting ‘sudden chill’ and freezing to death during heatwave

Its hot as plum, my sim just came home from work and then had a sudden chill from swimming, even though he hadnt been near the water at all. I ignored it and he turned blue and froze to death. Anyone else having this? I hope we get an ‘emergency’ patch as theres so many bugs popping up that are making the game unplayable. I can deal with the starving/stuck toddlers but sims freezing to death in summer is where i’m drawing the line lol

Comments

• Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    Iim having a vamp with same problem, though a few sim days ago he swam went to the island swim and fished, now he's turning white with sudden chills. im wondering if there's a cure, the meds arnt working either.
  • Options
    fizzyyzziffizzyyzzif Posts: 22 Member
    Its hot as plum, my sim just came home from work and then had a sudden chill from swimming, even though he hadnt been near the water at all. I ignored it and he turned blue and froze to death. Anyone else having this? I hope we get an ‘emergency’ patch as theres so many bugs popping up that are making the game unplayable. I can deal with the starving/stuck toddlers but sims freezing to death in summer is where i’m drawing the line lol

I am getting the same exact issue with my adult male sim. He turns blue and gets the "sudden chill from swimming" 2 hour buff. He was not swimming or even outside and it doesn't matter what he is wearing.. it just happens randomly.. and it is starting to get annoying!

I own all EP's and SP's
  • Options
    ToyaallenToyaallen Posts: 4 New Member
    My female sims is suffering the same...is there a cure or fix from the sudden chill....
  • Options
    LightningSparxLightningSparx Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm getting the same issue. In the house with a thermastat... In the bed sleeping.... it happens every few minutes.
  • Options
    LightningSparxLightningSparx Posts: 13 New Member
    > @LightningSparx said:
    > I'm getting the same issue. In the house with a thermastat... In the bed sleeping.... happens no matter what I'm doing. I also noticed this started after I went to the island and swam... and "other" stuff in the Waterfall.
  • Options
    wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    Lots of people report the issue, I believe that's a bug. My temporary solution is wearying the crystal crown + Turquoise
    crystal to remove the moodlet.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah I have experienced this as well.
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    Sounds like this is your issue. If it is, be sure to click "Me Too" on the first post. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Sudden-Chill-But-Not-From-Swimming/m-p/7962938#M92689
  • Options
    wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    I have my sim raised the fitness skill to level 10, the problem seems to be gone.
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I've experienced this as well. I must say I don't like it. Thankfully I haven't lost a sim to the condition.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, it seems like this is more of a bug report and there is already a thread on AHQ for you to report this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Sudden-Chill-But-Not-From-Swimming/m-p/7962938#M92689

I've gone ahead and closed this thread. make sure you follow up through the link that was provided.

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top