Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Fenbury

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Rflong7 thanks for the ideas about the spawners. I have forgotten completely about putting them on community lots. I am going to have a little fun with that >:)

I have been gradually adding traffic signs and lights to make it less of a chore but had forgotten completely about drains and manhole covers. We do have plenty of them in RL :)

Progress is slow because I am procrastinating about sorting out the beach area. I can't get the sims into the water to swim. I may need to level the ground under the water a bit better. Hopefully that will fix it.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I have finished adding spawners for now. Initially I put down two copies of everything and then deleted half. I have not included spawners from France, Egypt or China, ITF and underwater. I have yet to decide what sealife spawners to use, baring in mind it is quite a small beach and I have avoided putting down meteorites and world events for now. No doubt when and if I put this world out for testing people will let me know if these should be included. I may add a few more spawners when I come to finish off community lots.

yaONPfW.png

At least Fenbury doesn't look like it has acne. You may have noticed I have added an extra spawner just for me but in case you missed it

pKH1kFy.png

As they say little things please little minds :D

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Congratulations on the progress. I think the number of spawners is a personal thing. It all depends on the fun you want to have collecting, if you are prepared to travel to another world with more spawners just for the fun of collecting more stuff, and how strong your computer is. I remember all the warnings we used to see constantly about how terrible the Stones Throw Greenhouse is due to the number of spawners. People were constantly told they absolutely must delete every single spawner from the lot when they placed it or it would destroy their games, whilst I used to place it (and still do) just to get the extra spawners into my game.
    @Karritz thank you :) Thank you for the information on the Greenhouse, I was not aware it could cause problems. I tend to use the build items to create my own greenhouses.

Sim enim est vita
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Karritz thank you :) Thank you for the information on the Greenhouse, I was not aware it could cause problems. I tend to use the build items to create my own greenhouses.

Each of the Gro stations has a stack of 10 spawners under it. Then greenhouse tends to land on the lot facing the wrong direction and tends to need turning. Each time it is turned it leaves behind the 10 spawners and adds another 10 to the place where the Gro stations land each time it is turned. You can end up with hundreds of spawners on the lot. I try to be sure to turn it no more than once. If I have to turn it more than that I usually start deleting the spawners.
    @Karritz thank you :) I am not planning on adding venues like the Greenhouse to Fenbury but you never know about future projects. Really I won't know if I have added too many or too few spawners until I play test the world. At the moment though it is back to the list of things which still need doing.

Sim enim est vita
    In case anyone thought I have been neglecting Fenbury I have been working my way through a long list of things that still need attention. Road signs, more lighting, painting terrain around trees, wondering about adding more empty lots, drains and drain covers, fences, spawners. I have one major area left to tackle which is the beach then I shall put Fenbury into testing to check the routing again. A lot of things happening then but none of them visually interesting.

When I put Fenbury into testing I shall also add my rabbit hole rugs and see what the game play looks like. I was wondering if anyone would like to see pictures of this.

Sim enim est vita
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Would love to see how Fenbury is progressing @Bettyboop55 and see pictures of your game play! :)<3 x
    I found a corner which I felt needed decorating.

lWsblHH.png

KMlfRZm.png

After WW2 a lot of town and city landscapes had changed as a result of the bombing and housing was in very short supply. It wasn't until the 1950s that there was sufficient quantities of materials and enough money to start large scale building projects. Most homes built around this time were very utilitarian. Very plain, very simple lines. This house dates from this time. The only thing to have changed since is probably the windows. Obviously there were exceptional advant garde buildings. Nothing much was to change from the drab and practical until the Festival of Britain. This brought a burst of creative energy which went from houses to dinner plates. By then these houses were already occupied. Solidly built they have lasted well and renovated can command quite large sums of money.

Please note I will be moving the dustbin from in front of the gateway :)

Sim enim est vita
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This is looking lovely and very English <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    Glad you like it :)

Sim enim est vita
    After last week's fun and games I decided to take a mini break from Throxton. It occurred to me that Fenbury has been gradually evolving over the last couple of years. Whereas Throxton has been growing quite rapidly and perhaps I need more time to reflect on the look, rather than be constantly redoing things.

The corner I have been working on is by Fenbury Green. When I first placed the lot for the Green I earmarked the spot next to it as an observation point. It has taken me a couple of years to do something about it but here it is.

hsKq1Sb.png

vW6QThg.png

brLTPiJ.png

pwl2ozh.png

I took quite a few pics to check the lot out from various angles and make sure it did not block the sea views for Fenbury Green bandstand.

As for the lot itself most seaside towns would not provide such good amenities for fear of theft and vandalism. Some councils will do it however, mainly for the benefit of the tourists. I am going to pretend Fenbury Town council values the tourists and residents alike.

Obviously there is some finishing to do on the lot. I am fairly convinced there is an ice cream cart but cannot remember which pack it came from. There also needs to be a rubbish bin. As for the concrete fencing, I had to remove some of it when I repaired a rip in the terrain. It will be going back as we don't want any sims diving off the cliff edge :D

Sim enim est vita
    I have been doing something rather different this week towards the completed Fenbury. Many years ago I started the project by thinking about the kind of sim I wanted living in Fenbury. I developed about ten principal families, uploaded them to the Exchange and then forgot all about them. Realising I cannot properly test Fenbury without having sims live in it, I decided to dust off these families. Now when I first started using EIG I had to ditch most of my store content and that was CAS items. I am not ready to reinstall them yet so downloading from the Exchange is not an option. So using copies taken from my ever useful EHD I have started renovating the families, replacing missing or changed items of CAS. To my surprise and great pleasure I have already written back stories.

So please let me introduce the first family of Fenbury. Every EA town has a first family, so mine for Fenbury is the Fenbury-Bryte family. These are the aristocrats who will inhabit Fenbury Manor. They should be correctly titled Lord and Lady Fenbury-Bryte but the limitations of the naming convention in CAS would not let me do this :D

NkdvMU1.png

Lord Lucian Fenbury-Bryte, current owner of the Manor, stoney broke, historian and secret writer of historical romantic fiction !

YHhcmV7.png

Lady Alice Fenbury-Bryte, wife and distant cousin of Lucian and his brother, the Honourable Simon. In order to raise money she runs a market garden (a point I had forgotten but fortunately I have space for a market :) ) which explains the wellies.

CyYq4B1.png
    Tom Fenbury-Bryte, officially the Honourable Thomas Fenbury-Bryte and the only son and heir to the title. This is important because his uncle Simon has no children (legitimate that is) and Tom wants to join the Army. I see some very stormy clouds on the horizon when he tells his parents.

Finally his sister.

2photaA.png

The Honourable Fenella Fenbury-Bryte, who is pony mad. That is all she can think about at the moment.

My apologies for posting all this in a CAW thread but I did want you to see that work on Fenbury progresses, albeit very slowly at times.

Sim enim est vita

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun testing Fenbury with the fabulous Fenbury-Bryte family @Bettyboop55 .
    Hope they won't discover too many routing problems :) x
    Love the family! For their titles, the Tagger mod has a facility for you to add a title to their tag. It doesn't do much in-game but if you were using Tagger to see their sim tags around town, they could be titled.
    Anyway, I like the backstory. I look forward to seeing some more of the families, I think they're fascinating! <3
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Love the family! For their titles, the Tagger mod has a facility for you to add a title to their tag. It doesn't do much in-game but if you were using Tagger to see their sim tags around town, they could be titled.
    Anyway, I like the backstory. I look forward to seeing some more of the families, I think they're fascinating! <3

I didn't know the tagger mod existed ! For my own version I might try it because I will be using other mods as well. Thank you for the suggestion :)

Sim enim est vita
    I don't know if it would work but you might be able to edit their names with Master Controller to add their titles? I don't remember if that allows you more character space for their names or not though. Maybe it doesn't.
    There isn't much to share. It has been lovely and hot here for the last few days which has made using a laptop prone to overheating in a hot stuffy room a bit of a problem. Like most Brits we don't have air conditioning. It just isn't worth the expense for may be ten days use a year :D

Anyway I have been landscaping round one of my favourite spots. The pathway and fencing still need work but it is beginning to look the way I want.

l5z3yNr.png

VArHn3f.png

p9S3Rj4.png

Sim enim est vita
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Oh yay more updates! I love the water wheel lot, it's so cute! I like how it's nestled down in that hollow, and on a river (?) Fenbury is coming along so nicely! You've gotten a lot done, especially switching back and forth between the two worlds!
    KhemKat19 wrote: »
    Oh yay more updates! I love the water wheel lot, it's so cute! I like how it's nestled down in that hollow, and on a river (?) Fenbury is coming along so nicely! You've gotten a lot done, especially switching back and forth between the two worlds!

It's on the river Fen but I wanted to show progress at the back of the lot.

Sim enim est vita
    That looks lovely and the landscaping is excellent, too. Lovely progress! <3

Beautiful landscaping! Love the area around the watermill ... a perfectly peaceful place for sims to fish and relax :) x
    Good Morning @MissyHissy and @Hidehi thank you both for your kind comments :) I hope you both have a good day working on your lovely projects.

Sim enim est vita
    For anyone waiting for an update on Project Fenbury and Project Throxton there will not be any for a while. I am currenty in hospital as my body didn't like the recent hot weather in conjunction with a new drug I was prescribed. I could be here for sometime while things stabilise. Unfortunately I am in a large ward and the Internet is primitive. So it is noisy and the laptop would not work properly.

I would ask that all those busy building new worlds post lots of pictures. I love sitting here and looking at them <3

Regards

Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Pan_NymiraPan_Nymira Posts: 45 Member
    I hope you get better soon, Betty!