Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things we miss from The Sims 3 in The Sims 4

Comments

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    - Home phones.
    - Create-a-Style and the colour wheel.
    - Doorbells.
    - In-depth traits that actively affect how a Sim lives their lives.
    - Interactions that actively affect how a Sim reacts to another Sim.
    - Five trait slots instead of three.
    - Owning multiple homes.
    - Martial arts skill.
    - Newspapers.
    - Police officers and firefighters.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Open world.Sims with real personality. :)
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Better weather effects for snow and rain talking about rain falling of the roof and on the ground and snow depth i’ve talked so much about this before but is miss snow depth and the rain effects so much seasons was so close to being the best seasons in all iterations

Better working emotions the sims just act happy even after they fight with someone they just go back to being happy and talking the same goes for cheating the sims 2/3 had so much going on in the life department so much drama and scandal

Consequences this is one of the biggest core problems with ts4 it lacks depth in the sense of emotions traits and consequences everything feels happy wich is why none of the big moments feel really special there are no random deaths no random events except for vampires like burglars comet strike and more of that

Buildable apartments
    Editable festivals

These are my core issues with the game if they fixed this wich i highly doubt this would really be a great itteration. Imo
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Pandasim2 wrote: »
    Most everything! Sims 4 is a major downgrade from 3 and I'm extremely disappointed with it. I know this will anger some but I've been playing Sims from the beginning with 1 and it got better with every installment until 4. Its fairly limited and boring now so I'm done. I'll just go back to playing the Sims 3 which was the best one in my opinion. Doubt I'll ever spend another dime on The Sims unless 5 is better than 3 (if there is a 5).

I strongly doubt that Sims 5 would be better, IF we even get a sims 5. Too many people defend the low effort features and abilities of Sims 4 @Pandasim2 . I have played every installment too.And as much as I have started to criticize sims 4, I actually do enjoy the game.But sims 3 had so much more player control, player involvement and allowed for so much self expression. Sims 4 doesnt have that and too many people are okay with that for me to believe it will change.

I also have criticism for sims 3, but where I cannot criticize it , is create a style and open world and player freedom.

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I mainly just want create a style and openness .No more mandatory rabbit holes. Allow that to be optional and based on users settings and system specs.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Create a Style.
    Create a World.
    Architectural Designer career.
    3D maps instead of 2D ones.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The peeping tom!! So funny. Sims 3 has lots of hidden gems.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Heart.
  • ApocNizmithApocNizmith Posts: 13 New Member
    Reading some of the posts so glad I got the game for free.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Pool tables!!! Like whyyyyy have these not appeared yet! I don’t underatand!!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2019
    So many things. I miss things like sims who hate each other really hating each other. I miss friends getting mad on their friends' behalf. I miss whims that seemed to push the sim. Like authors wanting to get x amount of best sellers. I miss lifetime goals -- aspirations in sims 4 are like the skill goals in sims 3, but with not as good of rewards. But the lifetime goals really gave the sims focus.

I miss cheating being a moodlet that lasted awhile. I miss sims flirting creeping out the person they're flirting with if that sim doesn't want the flirting.

I miss so much with Sims 3. It's got a layer of complexity in just about everything which is lacking in the Sims 4.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Reading some of the posts so glad I got the game for free.

The best way of getting anything :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    For personality, skip Sims 3 as they are dull as dirt and make them like Sims 2. Now sims 2 was full of personality and game play. Can do with out an empty and buggy world though. Don't need another Sims 3, want them to go back to their roots like Sims 1 and 2.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

There is aaa lot... like a lot that i miss from the Sims3 so watch out!
    I still like the sims4 and some stuff are better there and who knows, maybe Maxis is working on such stuff, but sometimes i have like no
    patience after 5 years.

Seasons Edition:
    I just miss those festivals. It felt alive, because townies would show up and stuff. With the Holiday System, no one is anticipating in them, unless you make it.

[img][/img]230950.jpg

So sad. I mean you get your usual snow activities such as fights and snowangels. But where is the new stuff. At least with the Sims3 they added someting on top of the usual, in terms of activities.

[img][/img]30ncapy.jpg

Strangerville Edition:

Sooo... they copy pasted the sparring. But there is no sence of competition, nothing to work on. In the Sims 3 you have to level up, there isa chance of loosing, differente kind of sims that you have to work on. It feels like you accomplished something.

[img][/img]20as1us.jpg

[img][/img]2iucghz.jpg

Just why after 4years is this not in it eddition:

I miss picknicks... i just miss it, like 🐸🐸🐸🐸?! Espacially since the world is so beautiful…

[img][/img]14pszm.jpg

#FreeTheBabies... just free them already... because they are trapped in the bassinet, you cant even use the poseplayer and have pictures like that.

[img][/img]s6oln7.jpg

(also that you could replace sims with the moveObjects cheat)

Get together eddition:

Why is there no pool table in a pack that also focused on bars?! I mean bars and pool tables? common you guys...

[img][/img]33xg9he.jpg

random edition that were nice:

Can we have like roller Coaster back. would be so nice. And Maybe some frisbees.

[img][/img]2eg4a6q.jpg

[img][/img]2nu64au.jpg

And last but not least Island living:

Oh booy where to start?!

I will miss sending my sims going under water to collect things.
    It was ME that searched for collectibles... it was ME that tooked pictures and not just the Game...

[img][/img]245x5yo.jpg

ahm... can they do this? No! it just seems like they can talk like everywhere else which is nice.. but yeaah!

[img][/img]108ffwn.jpg

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Honestly, I just miss some real gameplay.

You know it’s bad when the FIRST feature highlight of a 40 dollar expansion is “sit back and relax”. Like, yes, let me pay 40 dollars to watch digital people lounge around all day.
  • simsteph21simsteph21 Posts: 13 New Member
    I’ve gotten to the point where I’m frustrated and tired of waiting. I just want the basic little details that we had in sims 3. ITS BEEN 5 YEARS. I’m CRAVING for a generations styled pack bc imo it’ll include a LOT of things that people want. More activities, proms, learning to drive, playing tag, sleepovers, home videos etc. In terms of updates: we desperately need a personality overhaul bc sims in ts4 are so bland and boring. We need likes, dislikes, zodiacs, more traits that actually influence gameplay. AND PLEASE UPDATE BABIES!!! Make them like the free play babies and I’ll be happy (plus strollers). It’s wild that we spend so much money on the PC game and yet a FREE APP has better babies. They really need to work on the base game and updates more so than irrelevant packs that no one asked for (aka moschino stuff)
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »
    I'll be honest I loved cars in 2 and 3 but I'm not sure how they could possibly implement Cars into sims 4?

In SIms 2 it worked because there was a taxi you called and you had to wait for it, there was also a carpool that arrived an hour before work to pick you up, same with busses for kids, and when you bought a car for your sims they didn't have to wait there was a benefit to having the vehicle. when you travel somewhere in sims 4 there isn't any waiting once the travel command gets through the queue. I just don't think Cars would work too well in 4, they wouldn't provide any useful gameplay IMO.

I would love to have landlines back, I would especially love if the only calls that landline got were spam/scam calls (basically chance cards where the sims would be negatively affected and lose out on a varying amount of simoleons.)

I would love to see ladders make a comeback, maybe attic access panels?

Buying Clothing and buying groceries would be really cool to see again even if it's just ordering from the computer like it was in Sims 2.

A Las Vegas type world would be really cool!

Get to work came with vending machines for food I believe - I could be very wrong.

But buying games for your sims PC and Game consoles would be really cool, or even just having an option to buy the game through the device your sim is playing on would be neat. I mean who has a new computer with anything but solitaire already on it?

I would really Woohoo in the shower back, it was my go-to fix when my sims were stinky and tense and I wasn't using cheats.

Waiting?

They didn't have to, they GOT to! :D

TS4 Sims should wait. I made mine wait and walk, that's how I play.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Rashel1456Rashel1456 Posts: 36 Member
    we need better improvements to babies go to my discussion
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    FREEDOM OF CREATIVITY!
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really miss:

An open world
    Create a style and colour wheel
    Edit the town
    Visitors lots
    Placing and adding lots (I used to place random lots on the beach, in the countryside, anywhere I could)
    Cars
    Driving to town
    Visiting the grocery store and book shop
    Create a world
    Rabbit hole - yes, I really liked the rabbit holes but always wished they would add a rabbit hole door so the player could create their own building which could be used as a rabbit hole
    Going to handiness and cookery classes
    Visiting the graveyard
    Sims who did what I asked them instead of cancelling the actions I had given them
    Regular sims that I recognised when I went to a certain town
    Editing the town to look the way I wanted it to without being stuck to a certain style
    Sims that knew the difference between day and night
    Sims who recognise a table and what it is for
    Nectar making

These's lots more .......but these are the most important to me.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cynna wrote: »
    I miss emotions.

For a game that touted emotions as its key draw, TS4 has distilled emotions down to its most bare bones and most of them are positive.

There are no emotions like:

guilt
    envy
    jealousy (TS4's jealousy is more like insecurity and co-dependence than true jealousy.)
    fear
    worry
    relief
    pride
    surprise
    discomfort (That is, emotional discomfort, not the "uncomfortable" of TS4 that seems to represent physical discomfort)

It was possible for all of those emotions to be conveyed in previous games, even though they didn't have big, bold labels attached to them. TS4 hasn't been able to accomplish this. There's so much nuance in life and the emotions that the developers have chosen to represent in TS4 simply don't cut it. They're not even close.

In TS4, tense and uncomfortable are the catchall for the emotions that don't include smiling, crying, or scowling. Its so annoying when I can't seem to provoke an appropriate response in a Sim. Tense is not the same as worried. Physical discomfort is not the same as fear. I wish that the team would take some time to add some of these types of responses to the game. Without them, the emotion system will continue to fall flat.

In TS3, if you click the conversation topic "Tell sim that you watched them in their sleep" more often then not, the sim that was told that was creeped out by it and your friendship level went down a bit, lol!
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I miss emotions.

For a game that touted emotions as its key draw, TS4 has distilled emotions down to its most bare bones and most of them are positive.

There are no emotions like:

guilt
    envy
    jealousy (TS4's jealousy is more like insecurity and co-dependence than true jealousy.)
    fear
    worry
    relief
    pride
    surprise
    discomfort (That is, emotional discomfort, not the "uncomfortable" of TS4 that seems to represent physical discomfort)

It was possible for all of those emotions to be conveyed in previous games, even though they didn't have big, bold labels attached to them. TS4 hasn't been able to accomplish this. There's so much nuance in life and the emotions that the developers have chosen to represent in TS4 simply don't cut it. They're not even close.

In TS4, tense and uncomfortable are the catchall for the emotions that don't include smiling, crying, or scowling. Its so annoying when I can't seem to provoke an appropriate response in a Sim. Tense is not the same as worried. Physical discomfort is not the same as fear. I wish that the team would take some time to add some of these types of responses to the game. Without them, the emotion system will continue to fall flat.

In TS3, if you click the conversation topic "Tell sim that you watched them in their sleep" more often then not, the sim that was told that was creeped out by it and your friendship level went down a bit, lol!

About the closest you can get in TS4 is if you're a Vampire whose Thirst need is low and you can do weird, and always poorly-received, social interactions like "Compliment Neck" or "Complain About Loud Heartbeat" and "Inquire About Cardiovascular Health".
  • MissPlayingMissPlaying Posts: 152 Member
    Honestly, I think The Sims 4's downfall is the lack of an open world. I can live without CaST but the open world just made everything feel more alive. A lot of gameplay issues could've been avoided if they'd just implemented an open world in the first place.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i miss nothing from the sims3 the sims4 is fine the way it is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(