Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2019 (Coming July 16th) (Now Released)

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’d say what most needs to be fixed in the next patch are toddlers and the fact that genetics are broken for mermaids - born in game kids do not at all resemble their parents if one parent is a mermaid (or if both parents are mermaids). This needs fixed ASAP.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Mermaid-genetics-dont-work/td-p/7965782
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    These issues described shouldn’t be fixed in July, they should be fixed much sooner as the game is in such a bad state right now.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I completely agree.
    They should release a hotfix for this, bugged vampires and weird toddlers.
  • lolainredlolainred Posts: 5 New Member
    The sticky hands toddlers is killing game play for me right now. I hope they fix that ASAP.
  • georgiegirlsimsgeorgiegirlsims Posts: 58 Member
    My toddlers are driving me crazy. they suddenly won't sleep, eat or be bathed properly. They do an interaction for two seconds then quit. All my toddlers in Sulani are red in their needs. About to die.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Reset them - it's a known bug with toddlers. Things are getting stuck on their hands or whatever.
  • lolainredlolainred Posts: 5 New Member
    > @WildIrishBanshee said:
    > Reset them - it's a known bug with toddlers. Things are getting stuck on their hands or whatever.

I've repaired the game 3 times now, it just keeps coming back.
    lolainred wrote: »
    > Reset them - it's a known bug with toddlers. Things are getting stuck on their hands or whatever.

Because it's a known bug that EA has to fix. In fixing what they did for the patch and adding the IL content (but it seems mostly the patch), they broke some other things. It happens. Now we just have to wait for a fix. In the meantime, reset your toddlers. That seems to help most people.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited June 2019

Just in case you don't know what WildIrishBanshee means by "resetting" the toddlers, there's a child that will get them to let go of whatever object is in their hands and allow you to make them do what you need them to. When in game, when the toddler gets stuck, press Ctrl+shift+c to open the cheat bar, then type "resetsim Firstname Lastname", replacing "Firstname Lastname" with the glitched sim's full name. Kind of annoying to do repeatedly, I'll admit, but at least you'll get to play your game until they fix this bug.

By the way, does anyone know if this is new? This has been happening a lot in my game as well, and I hadn't had so much trouble before, but I didn't play between the previous patch and the most recent one, so either it is from one of the latest two patches, or it just got worse.

Edited to tag someone: @georgiegirlsims This might help you as well.
    As far as I know, new to the June 18th patch.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Just in case you don't know what WildIrishBanshee means by "resetting" the toddlers, there's a child that will get them to let go of whatever object is in their hands and allow you to make them do what you need them to. When in game, when the toddler gets stuck, press Ctrl+shift+c to open the cheat bar, then type "resetsim Firstname Lastname", replacing "Firstname Lastname" with the glitched sim's full name. Kind of annoying to do repeatedly, I'll admit, but at least you'll get to play your game until they fix this bug.

By the way, does anyone know if this is new? This has been happening a lot in my game as well, and I hadn't had so much trouble before, but I didn't play between the previous patch and the most recent one, so either it is from one of the latest two patches, or it just got worse.

Edited to tag someone: @georgiegirlsims This might help you as well.

It definitely came with the patch. You can also save the game and go to Manage Worlds and then go back into your game to fix the problem without resetting all the toddler's needs. Several people have taken their toddlers into CAS to fix it, as well.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Do the gurus look at these forums for info or is it better to post to the EA help page? Either way m next issue is that for some reason the options for sims that are not on the active lot are gone. Like if I'm in a household of 8 and I take one sim out and leave the rest at home I can't tell the ones at home to take care of their needs, skill build, or socialize. It is making managing large households almost impossible.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Has there been any confirmation we will even get a patch in July? We don’t get patches on a reliable schedule anymore so this thread might be jumping the gun a little bit.

I think they will do a small patch to fix some of these bugs. They usually do a patch after an EP for small fixes. But given some of the bigger bugs it might take a little bit till we get the patch but I'm pretty sure it will come in July. I don't doubt they have someone working on them.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Do the gurus look at these forums for info or is it better to post to the EA help page?
    Definitely the EA help page. The gurus don't seem to visit the forums often, at least not for bug reports.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    This is a new one on me. Every time the toddler goes to close the umbrella. I was attempting a toddler play date, did the best I could with what's going on with them currently. But I do wish my toddler could talk to the other toddlers that was a little annoying.
    207t2ev.jpg

Note: Just thought I would share this image. Sometimes these bugs can do funny things.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

No multitasking while lounging

Of all the things that are missing, I found lounge chairs to be the most bizzare! Sims can't talk, use their phones, read, listen to music on the earbuds. Nothing.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

Of all the things that are missing, I found lounge chairs to be the most bizzare! Sims can't talk, use their phones, read, listen to music on the earbuds. Nothing.

Yeah, I thought it took them nearly 5 years to bring lounge chairs back because they had to work it into the multitasking system. But then the only thing I know you can do on them is drink beverages. Even sims in previous games could do more than that.

I feel like this is the sort of thing they'll fix later, but I just find it bizarre that it took them all that time to make lounge chairs that don't support multitasking that much
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Eliharb wrote: »

Yeah, I thought it took them nearly 5 years to bring lounge chairs back because they had to work it into the multitasking system. But then the only thing I know you can do on them is drink beverages. Even sims in previous games could do more than that.

I feel like this is the sort of thing they'll fix later, but I just find it bizarre that it took them all that time to make lounge chairs that don't support multitasking that much

Yes it's very disappointing as it is that only one sim can ride the boats.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Do the gurus look at these forums for info or is it better to post to the EA help page? Either way m next issue is that for some reason the options for sims that are not on the active lot are gone. Like if I'm in a household of 8 and I take one sim out and leave the rest at home I can't tell the ones at home to take care of their needs, skill build, or socialize. It is making managing large households almost impossible.

It's better to post on the EA Bug Site but I believe the gurus do read this thread. If there is a SimGuru reading this thread can you post? Occasionally I'll link this thread to SimGuruNick and Arvin on Twitter.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Definately a toddler fix is needed asap.
    Also, I am having problems with certain careers.. The diving career seems to get to level 3 and then sticks and nothing shows up for the daily tasks or level climbing task.
    And the detective career is playing silly sausages too, my sims seem to get to level 5 or about and then call an APB only to find that the suspect to arrest is also a police officer and there is no option to arrest them so my sim can not level up in that career.
    Has anyone else had those problems too?
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Really hoping they fix mermaid and vampire genetics (aliens are fine somehow,) the toddler glitch, and sims putting grilled food in their personal inventories.
  • Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    Lets see, the weekly bill glitch is back causing insanly high bills for using the thermostate, so yeah hope it gets fixed again, umm I've noticed a glitch with objects like the stereo breaking and my sims or the repair sim gets stuck in a infinite repair loop without being able to fix it, some objects like the washer, dryer, or fridge, even though fully upgraded show a option to do instant upgrade resulting in a downgrade, requiring the sim to re-add a upgrade. Then theres the doctor career, seriously, is there a epidemic or something? cause half the game's population all show up sick at the same time with my sim being the only functioning staff on duty.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    Definately a toddler fix is needed asap.
    Also, I am having problems with certain careers.. The diving career seems to get to level 3 and then sticks and nothing shows up for the daily tasks or level climbing task.
    And the detective career is playing silly sausages too, my sims seem to get to level 5 or about and then call an APB only to find that the suspect to arrest is also a police officer and there is no option to arrest them so my sim can not level up in that career.
    Has anyone else had those problems too?

The Diving Career is part time, so I think it's only supposed to have three levels.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I think the acting career is now bugged, too. I had two actor Sims (different saves) and when you click on the job icon to get a new acting gig or see what tasks they need to perform for their current gig, it's as if they don't have a job at all. Weird and annoying *sigh*
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I think the acting career is now bugged, too. I had two actor Sims (different saves) and when you click on the job icon to get a new acting gig or see what tasks they need to perform for their current gig, it's as if they don't have a job at all. Weird and annoying *sigh*
    From what I heard it’s related to a UI extension mod. Regardless this should be reported on the bugs site.