Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE NEED AN URGENT GAME PATCH!

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    just wanted to let everyone know that if you add a dining venu to sulani its broken so far the only fix i found is to buy and run the restaurant yourself
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I haven't got many issues, but as usual when I install an expansion pack, the restaurants are severely broken. My sims order their food, they start to eat, and all of the sudden somebody else in the restaurant comes by and takes their food and eats it. Likewise are my sims able to go to their tables and take their food and eat it. I sincerely hope this bug will be fixed ASAP. I use the restaurants a lot. My sims love to go out eating, but NOT to go out and remain hungry!
    OtfnzXA.jpg

I also have a toddler who played with a toy, and then it got stuck to her hand, so she couldn't eat.

gotta love the sim eating on the floor LMAO
    kinot9229 wrote: »
    Those are not game breaking bugs but they are really quite annoying .
    Especially sims can not clean dishes on the round table. They can only do it one by one.
    There are so many beautiful round tables in the game.
    It’s a shame that we can’t use them just because an annoying glitch.

What isn't game breaking? I found the example of a toddler not being able to eat is game breaking especially if they are taken away from the family.

Not being able to play in a certain area of a new expansion pack is game breaking. This is like paying for a full expansion and getting only 2/3 of it.

Genetics not working on mermaids is game breaking for the reason above. Not getting what I paid for.

Anyway an emergency patch is needed in my opinion. I don't want to wait until the mid-July to play with my families with toddlers, eat a restaurant or play in the Lania St Taz area of Sulani.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    There's nothing particularly game breaking that I've seen, so they'll probably get fixed when they get fixed. Nothing urgent about it.

There is when you're playing a household of toddlers who can't put toys or food down. It's really annoying having to reset the Sim after every action. I'm doing a hundred baby challenge and my toddler's keep getting close to being taken away because they can't eat because there's other things stuck to their hands. They walk around with empty plates and can't play, can't eat, can't look at books, can't get into bed excetera

I remember in sims 2 that if a sim got something stuck in their hand, like a plate or bug jar lid, you could use the move object cheat to remove it, I wonder if this would work in this case for the toddlers here? I don't currently have any toddlers in my family so I can't test this, if you don't object to using cheats I wonder if you could? It may at least give us a work around so we can play until they get around to fixing this.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Those are not game breaking bugs but they are really quite annoying .
    Especially sims can not clean dishes on the round table. They can only do it one by one.
    There are so many beautiful round tables in the game.
    It’s a shame that we can’t use them just because an annoying glitch.

Cleaning up the round tables should work normally after your Sim has stood up. The one by one thing only happens during parties in my game.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    A lot of people only seem to care about free stuff, which I appreciate as well, but I think the Gurus should focus more on bug fixes. Also, I'd prefer having monthly patches back instead of these rarer huge ones.
    There are some nasty bugs for Mac users, and I hope they'll get fixed as soon as possible.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    There's nothing particularly game breaking that I've seen, so they'll probably get fixed when they get fixed. Nothing urgent about it.

There is when you're playing a household of toddlers who can't put toys or food down. It's really annoying having to reset the Sim after every action. I'm doing a hundred baby challenge and my toddler's keep getting close to being taken away because they can't eat because there's other things stuck to their hands. They walk around with empty plates and can't play, can't eat, can't look at books, can't get into bed excetera

This might not be helpful to you if you’re doing the 100 baby challenge but I removed all toys that get stuck to them and instead of letting them grab a meal I stock their inventories with fruit and veg that they can snack on and it doesnt get stuck for me. Might not be worth it with a bunch of toddlers though. I hope they fix this soon
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2019
    @keekee53 @xitneverendss

Hey, guys. Please calm down.
    IMO, a game-breaking bug is something makes your game completely unplayable.

If you insist those bugs are game-breaking.
    I could give you a few more examples.
    Such as the broken fame system, sims can’t woohoo in the lighthouse , random butler etc.
    I also hope the gurus can fix those things as soon as possible.
    However the truth is some bugs just keep haunting in this game for years.
    Although I’m also unhappy about that, what can I do?
    I reported bugs on AHQ but some of them will never get fixed.

And if you guys are so angry please make posts in the Bug reports section on AHQ.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    @alanmichael1

Really? Have you tried that Oceanic rustique dining table from cats & dogs ?
    Even maids won’t clean dishes on this table.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @keekee53 @xitneverendss

Such as the broken fame system, sims can’t woohoo in the lighthouse , random butler etc.

And if you guys are so angry please make posts in the Bug reports section on AHQ.

My post was pretty chill, I don't think I'm the one that needs to calm down lol. But thanks for the advice, I already know where to post about bugs though ;)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    @keekee53 @xitneverendss

I've posted about the toddler problem in the bugs section - so have over a hundred others. Yes, it is game-breaking when you can't play an entire age category. Woohoo in the lighthouse is an annoyance, having your toddler taken away (or having to take the kid into CAS several times a day) is a major bug.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I tried to move my family with the toddler to another house, and the issue disappered. You can try to do so as well. Perhaps it works in your game, too?
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I'm getting the toddler bug with books, food and toys getting stuck. I work round this by resetting the toddler each time and though it's annoying the toddlers are fine.
    I read somewhere that to get the restaurants in Sulani to work you have to employ only Sulani residents.
    As for stolen food. my sim just steals it back.
    @keekee53 @xitneverendss

I simply asked the question of how could those issues not be game breaking. I asked with no caps no exclamation marks. I don’t see how I need to calm down.

The toddler bug makes toddlers unplayable so it is game breaking.

Lania st taz sims get stuck in a constant loop and I have to reset or travel out. It is unplayable.

I will give you the mermaid issue a just a bug but even then I personally would not have my mermaid have kids until it is fixed so even then it would be holding up my game play.

Anyway you ask what can you do? I say keep complaining and letting them know. Don’t give up and settle. That is what they want us to do and they know that is what we do. This is the only game where the devs are never held accountable for crap work. Any other game would have been released like this, there would have been an uprising on game spot, IGN, metacritic, etc. It cracks me up to hear a dev from this game talk about the forums are so toxic because they don’t know how good they have it. I like to see them work on something like Dragon Age and have a section of the world not be playable.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @Renato10 - I have since read that people who got (?) the early-release game? -- had rental-lots options in Sulani. Really sorry I don't remember where I read that, & am not entirely certain I correctly repeated the version that has rental-lots. But in case you haven't had confirmation yet (skimmed the thread, apologies), I did see that others have experienced what you reported here.
  • Simly462Simly462 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am not having this issue. I haven't got Island living and I can't even enter my household. There's a nice little blue glitch thing where my sim should be. I've deleted my game and taken CC and mods out of the game and still cant play... no one else seems to be having this issue though lol. Any advice?
    @Simly462 - I don't know what's wrong, but if no-one replies here, feel free to start your own thread. Might be more likely to get a response or at least a suggestion as to how to start getting answers. :smile:
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited June 2019
    I agree that we need an urgent game patch. This last patch has broken so many things. The list on AHQ is very long.

Let's start with the occult Sims. Vampires have been broken for awhile. They fix them, only to break something else. Dark meditation is broken as well as influence emotions, transformation. So for those that say there isn't anything "game breaking" it really depends on how you play the game. I know Simmers who don't even play with vampires, so vampires being broken will have no affect on their gameplay. For me my vampire Save is unplayable because vampires are so badly broken. Mermaid genetics are broken. We get this new occult that came with Island Living and babies just don't look like their parents. I was so upset when I saw my first mermaid children. I had to delete them and go into CAS and randomize the toddlers with both parents.

NPCs that don't live in Sulani are not showing up in Sulani - If you invite anyone over from another world they don't show up, or they show up and immediately leave. So this affects restaurants....owning or even dining out at a restaurant in Sulani.

It's very frustrating when you want to play your game and you just can't. & it seems like for every bug that gets fixed in a patch, 20 more things break.
  • Julia88Julia88 Posts: 1 New Member
    My pets can’t go back in the house once they are out. I can neither carry them by picking them up.
    Julia88 wrote: »
    My pets can’t go back in the house once they are out. I can neither carry them by picking them up.

Hi, @Julia88 - I haven't read about this issue yet, but I'm bumping the thread in the hopes of catching the eye of someone who can help you.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Simly462 wrote: »
    I am not having this issue. I haven't got Island living and I can't even enter my household. There's a nice little blue glitch thing where my sim should be. I've deleted my game and taken CC and mods out of the game and still cant play... no one else seems to be having this issue though lol. Any advice?

Since you just came on the forums, I don't think you are able to make your own thread yet? I have not had the blue glitch (knock on wood) but I always try to repair the game if nothing else works.

To repair game: Go to Origin and then your library. Right click on Sims4 and scroll down to repair (just in case you didn't know).
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    just wanted to let everyone know that if you add a dining venu to sulani its broken so far the only fix i found is to buy and run the restaurant yourself

Today I placed a restaurant from the gallery, and it worked fine. I don't run any restaurants(tried it a long time ago), I just place them and have my sim eat there. It worked fine except for customers stealing my sims food and drink! (This is a major bug for "me" because I always had my sims eat at restaurants every day, sometimes more than once a day)!

Before, you could be accused of stealing something (my celebrity) when you didn't. I think they tried to fix that and lo and behold, now you can actually see who is really doing the stealing.....and it ain't my sim!
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I have an adult sim in the freelancer career, the tablet stays stuck in her hand like people are reporting with toddlers. She can continue to do things, and you can click on the tablet to make her use it and it works. But I keep looking for the tablet and not being able to find it, because it's stuck on her hand, and it's driving me crazy. Even though you can work around it, it's really a pain to have to keep dealing with it. It's one of those minor things that starts to feel not so minor after a while. The kind that makes you not want to play the game and wonder what am I paying for, again?

If that were the only thing I was having to deal with, I suppose it would be different. But it seems like everything you try to do ends up kind of like that, and it's frustrating when you just want to do stuff and not have to worry about little things all of the time.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I haven't seen any game breaking bugs but I have seen a lot of other things, such as I created a beach house and uploaded it to the gallery I later had to do yet another clean install of the game, I went to my gallery and placed that house again on a lot, there was things missing that I know I had placed in the yard. Mermaids have weird outfits when they go to work it's not the assigned work outfit (even if you do the modify career outfit cheat they still don't use the assigned career outfit) off the grid lot trait is totally wacked we are not playing naked and afraid here it's just a alternative lifestyle which means you should have wind mills and water wells or as some suggest solar panels but I think solar panels are a bit to modern for Island living, this is just to name a few.
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y