Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What occult’s do you want?

Realm of Magic is coming soon, and it is a lot of simmers top 5 must have packs.

What occult’s do you want to come in this pack, and why? What would they do, and how would they impact the sims?

Comments

• BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2019
    just witches in this pack, because i want them to be very well fleshed out.

but i’d love to eventually have werewolves and fairies back. after that, actual plantsims, simbots, and zombies. imaginary friends could also be cool considering the amount of customization they could have now in TS4.

dragons and spectral cats for occult pets.
    Post edited by BOY on
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2019
    In RoM? Just witches. They need all the attention they can get. This will most likely be our one chance at witch/magic-related content, and I want them to be as well-done as possible. Considering all the concessions Sims 4 packs have to make already, throwing in another state would be a disaster.

In the future, though? I want tons and tons of occults.

Must-Haves:
    • Werewolves
    • Fairies
    • Redone PlantSims
    • Dragons
    • Sims 2-era Zombies

Would Be Great:
    • Genies
    • Bigfoot/Yetis
    • Mummies
    • Servos
    • Unicorns
    • Other magical animals
    • Sea monsters, like the fish men costume from Get Famous
    • New occults

Don't Particularly Care For, But Go Ahead:
    • Genies
    • Skeletons

Nah:
    • Imaginary friends
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just witches. I don't have any unique ideas for them though and would rather be surprised by whatever we get than speculate.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I'm hoping for Witches and Fairies. They're both magic centric so it would make sense to add them in the same pack, especially since Witches don't really require anything unique but access to magic. Maybe throw a Genie in there too lol
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Just witches. No more half-baked supes.
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Just Fairies (nice ones, no weird prankster stuff). They are great for gardening (magically making plants blossom). I would also like them to have the ability to magically clean their homes (or other lots) as well- with the wave of a hand (somewhat like the Genies in TS3). Additionally, I miss having the ability to (positively) affect other sims with the Fairy auras.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The lifestates that need their own packs are vampires, witches, werewolves, and maybe fairies. The others can easily be added in an EP somewhere down the road, and since plantsims are base game, the Sims Team has enough elbow room to properly flesh them out (I sure hope they do. The plant sims are awful.)
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Well as a lover of the supernatural I would probably welcome any new occults. I suspect Realm of Magic will focus on witches, but I would love to have werewolves and fairies back if not in that pack then another soon after.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I guess just Mage, Like I said, if this was just a "Witch" game Pack they Would have named it the Sims 4: Witches Game Pack.
    Cats and Dogs did this. You have the Dog and Cat as the general life states and then you can customize the breed, or create your own breed of dog. So I hope the same thing for Realm of Magic the Mage is the generic basic Life State and then You can customize it if you want and change the life state entirely into something you want to play.

Although I wouldn't mind minor creatures If we really wanted to do Fantasy Based, I wouldn't mind Orcs or Elves.
    I don't really care for familiars, If this was more of an action based pack, and you could summon guardians and underlings to go fight enemies I'd say "Absolutely!" then. That would be epic...

Sigh, I really hope dueling and fighting with other supernaturals and humans is a lot better than vampire fights.
    I'm talking, moving around like snowball fights, dodging spells, not taking turns, taking every opportunity to defeat their enemy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Witches, Fairies, Shapeshifters. I'd rather shapeshifters to werewolves so we can have a range of what creatures we transform into. My dream for a shapeshifter would be they get a range of "shifting" from like just fangs and sideburns to full on creature form.
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I hope we get in ROM, a basic magic system available to several occult’s with some specifications for the individual. So, witches, fairies, genies, etc.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    Imaginary friends

I forgot they existed. I absolutely hated them in TS3 :worried:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    Imaginary friends

I forgot they existed. I absolutely hated them in TS3 :worried:

I loved imaginary friends but also I don't want them in magic pack because there is so many things to put in magic pack and those are not even in top 10 priority magically speaking they could come in any pack really even a stuffpack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Witches are priority
    but also if there was fairies too

I'd love if I could make sort of witch fairy mix
    like you'd have one lifestate that can choose from perks what type of magic they can do
    and it would include fairy things and witch things in it

because I never knew which one to choose in previous games :neutral:

top thing is tho id want the spells to be more creative I want none of that mood fiddling
    I just want actual spells like turning sims into frogs or statues or giving them weird curses or whatever

also would really really really love dragons but I've come to think they probably should have their own gp
    because I don't want things to get half baked and there is so much to put in magic pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    All we can get, but witches/wizards next. I love playing all the supernaturals. They bring my game to life better than just plain old human sims. So the bigger the variety the better I love the way my game goes. I cannot think of any occult I would not want to have - although Zombies would be the ones I would have least of in my game - they are outright annoying - but yeah all the occult's eventually would make me a happy simmer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Werewolves, primarily for the body hair! Also because they're my fave Life State!
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I hope for Werewolves eventually but not with this pack. I just want Withes for this one
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Vampire, witches, and werewolves have always been my must haves because I'm not creative enough to envision a story with less popular occults. 🤷‍♀️

So I'd be thrilled if ROM was focused entirely on fleshing out witches, and maybe werewolves in some other pack down the line.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    The only must have is wizards and witches, but here are some ideas:

1 Classic Green Witch. You know, like the wicked witch of the west. This would be a separate occult from normal looking spellcasting Sims.

2 Dog and Cat Shapeshifters as opposed to lycanthropes. Normal looking sims who can take the form of the household pet. They would have 3 forms. Normal, Hybrid, and Animal form. The Hybrid form would have the same ears tail and furry hide as their animal form but stand more erect. Half Shapeshifters can possibly have only Normal and Hybrid form.

3 Lycanthropes. Not just werewolves, but also weretigers, werebears, etc. Although, I would be happy with only werewolves.

4 Changelings. These mischievous elfin-like creatures kidnap baby and toddler (older Sims could be possible) Sims and switch them with one of their own kind. They appear like the former Sim but with one or two unnatural physical feature; ie pointy ears, pointy teeth, greenish skin tone, greenush hair, etc. They woukd naturally be able to cast mischievous spells.

5 Classic Elves. Thin builds with pointy ears. These Occult Sims don't get fat or bulky. They would have a different set of skin and hair tones and be more apt to use nature based magic. Classic Elves should have at least twice the lifespan of normal Sims.

6 Tiny Fairies companions. These would be about the size of a cat or smaller and have the same limit of control. You can talk to them and give them orders, but ultimately decide what to do. Not all are mischievous but most often they use their magic to put Sims they love or hate in hilarious situations.

7 Genies like from "I Dream of Genie", and not unplayable like past Sim Genies. These would be like spellcasting Genies but have their own set of spells and physical qualities. Of course they would be tied to a lamp or bottle.

• CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    ThunderNeb wrote: »
    The only must have is wizards and witches, but here are some ideas:

1 Classic Green Witch. You know, like the wicked witch of the west. This would be a separate occult from normal looking spellcasting Sims.

2 Dog and Cat Shapeshifters as opposed to lycanthropes. Normal looking sims who can take the form of the household pet. They would have 3 forms. Normal, Hybrid, and Animal form. The Hybrid form would have the same ears tail and furry hide as their animal form but stand more erect. Half Shapeshifters can possibly have only Normal and Hybrid form.

3 Lycanthropes. Not just werewolves, but also weretigers, werebears, etc. Although, I would be happy with only werewolves.

4 Changelings. These mischievous elfin-like creatures kidnap baby and toddler (older Sims could be possible) Sims and switch them with one of their own kind. They appear like the former Sim but with one or two unnatural physical feature; ie pointy ears, pointy teeth, greenish skin tone, greenush hair, etc. They woukd naturally be able to cast mischievous spells.

5 Classic Elves. Thin builds with pointy ears. These Occult Sims don't get fat or bulky. They would have a different set of skin and hair tones and be more apt to use nature based magic. Classic Elves should have at least twice the lifespan of normal Sims.

6 Tiny Fairies companions. These would be about the size of a cat or smaller and have the same limit of control. You can talk to them and give them orders, but ultimately decide what to do. Not all are mischievous but most often they use their magic to put Sims they love or hate in hilarious situations.

7 Genies like from "I Dream of Genie", and not unplayable like past Sim Genies. These would be like spellcasting Genies but have their own set of spells and physical qualities. Of course they would be tied to a lamp or bottle.

Forget what I said, this is what I want! Especially the part about lycanthropes
  • GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    Witches, Fairies, Genies, Werewolves. Better PlantSims. I love alternative life states so...the more the better.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't care what we get as long as it's not zombies! And I just quickly want to say, why do people think there might be multiple occults? This would make them rather empty individually if you as me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    I don't care what we get as long as it's not zombies! And I just quickly want to say, why do people think there might be multiple occults? This would make them rather empty individually if you as me.

I imagine people think multiple occults because if it was just witches we were getting, the more likely name for the pack would just be "Witches" like it was for Vampires. Also, the world "realm" means " a kingdom" which is synonymous with words like, "sovereign state, monarchy; empire, principality, palatinate, duchy; country, land, domain, dominion, nation, province".
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Witches, witches, and witches 😇 I can't wait!!

I mean, I don't mind them including others but I really need my witches and wizards to be done well.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I would like just witches in this pack so they can be fleshed out like vampires.
    For another game pack I would love to see werewolves fleshed out like vampires and witches.
    Finally, I'm hoping we'll see fairies and genies as a part of an expansion pack.