Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Island Living builds!

Comments

• Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2019
    @BabySquare Not yet, because I wasn't done decorating it. It's on a 40x30 lot. If you want I can upload it to te gallery.
    I also have a 50x50 version. The little house on the left (last photo) is placed differently. I am still looking for the best spot for my mermaid to live. :D

*update*
    I just uploaded it.
    You can find it under my name in the gallery.
    Post edited by Saga-Minx on
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Does anyone have any ideas for the ship wreck lot? I want to change it to some sort of community lot, as it’s awkward to have to load into a residence every time my sim wants to visit that island. I was thinking a science type facility imagined as the conservation headquarters, probably set as a library, or possibly a jungle adventure type temple as a museum. I’m not sure how much gameplay I’d get from either of those though. I’m also not the greatest builder so they might be too difficult for me, lol. What do you all think?
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Does anyone have any ideas for the ship wreck lot? I want to change it to some sort of community lot, as it’s awkward to have to load into a residence every time my sim wants to visit that island. I was thinking a science type facility imagined as the conservation headquarters, probably set as a library, or possibly a jungle adventure type temple as a museum. I’m not sure how much gameplay I’d get from either of those though. I’m also not the greatest builder so they might be too difficult for me, lol. What do you all think?

I think that would be a great idea. I myself am trying to decide what kind of a community lots to put into the islands and where and using the shipwreck lot as a science facility or even a library or a museum would be great. A onservation headquarters would also be a great if you have someone in that career. Then they have a place to be at while working on their career objectives.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    When I get this EP I know where to come find beautiful builds. Only problem is choosing which ones to download! <3

@emere you moving your vampire to Sulani reminds me of when I moved my vampire family to Sunlit Tides. I had to be careful they wouldn't burn to death. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    @luckyheather ohhhh that is so pretty! :love:
    @LaurenLoser16 I actually like the idea of it being an underground library / conservationist hangout type of thing. Especially if you have a sim who wants to be a conservationist, but who also lives off the grid. Then he'd have a place to go do research and write reports at. If you end up building something, pls do share, I'm curious to see what you make of it as I haven't done much with it either yet!
  • May90May90 Posts: 16 Member
    Lovely Houses.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Dutchysim wrote: »
    @BabySquare Not yet, because I wasn't done decorating it. It's on a 40x30 lot. If you want I can upload it to te gallery.
    I also have a 50x50 version. The little house on the left (last photo) is placed differently. I am still looking for the best spot for my mermaid to live. :D

*update*
    I just uploaded it.

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member

*update*
    I just uploaded it.

i did search of name but it finds nothing can you give name of lot?
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2019

*update*
    I just uploaded it.

i did search of name but it finds nothing can you give name of lot?

You can also find it under the tag Dutchysim. Or maybe gallery name kaantjesims.
    It sometimes puts my builds under my old gallery name. It's a gallery bug.
    I named the lot Sea home.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member

I'm still thinking about this, but one idea I have is to convert it into a National Park. I wouldn't change it too much, just add a public loo and a couple of tents so that visitors can sleep over on the island if they want. I'm not sure what I would put in the underground area, though.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@SimTrippy @Livinity @BlkBarbiegal my vampire is almost integrated into the culture of Sulani:

BsO8ejy.png

ok, maybe not :D

But just as there is darkness, there is light... I finish a whimsical house for my mermaid o:) at Key Point Lot:

The Mermaid Song (residential) Gallery Link

dPscOl7.png
    oh42gr1.png
    8bkK5Ga.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Awesome, emere :) I need that house in my game, I love whimsical <3
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    @emere That is a super cute build!

Anyway, I have another build -
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    Ocean Breeze Spa
    Spa, 50x50, $ 195.149.
    Oceanic Paradise, Sunny Aspect, Bracing Breezes.
    NoCC, NoMOO, play tested.
    Gallery Download Link
    Tray Files - SFS (no ads)
    Since Sulani has a fancy side/island, I felt it needed a luxury spa for the rich tourists and residents. I tried to strike a balance between tropical and modern, as well as tranquil. And all those things are kind of opposite to each other, but I hope it works.
    This spa comes with two massage rooms, a sauna, mud baths, mediation room, indoor pool, sun deck, yoga patio and two hot tubs. Obviously, your Sims can also swim/lounge in the ocean. I also added a few towels on the beach, for those who don’t mind a bit of sand. All activities are indoors, or at least covered, except the sun deck. There is a small outdoor mediation area. In addition to the spa activities there’s a semi-outdoor kitchen and a hotel room in case your Sims want to go on a weekend getaway.
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptrpokw6iF1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Gorgeous builds everyone!

I've bulldozed all the lots in Sulani (and evicted all the residents) so I have a lot of work to do. Downloading that is. :p

The conservation center/museum/library sounds like a great idea. Maybe also with a cafe. Or food stall on the lot. Hope someone takes it on. I have a similar one in Selvadorada and with a few alterations it might work.
  • LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    I was inspired to come back, because I wanted to see what was new to build. I made a house and a family. The house is Island Hideaway:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9BA5E3F2953411E98F3414AEEA156117

Its not nearly as fancy as some of my previous builds, but I feel like that is appropriate for the island's simpler way of life.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2019
    If anyone is taking requests, I would love some help with Chieftain's Villa. I really love the premade build, but need more room, as I decided I want a larger family there. I added a sister for Keala Hoapili*; she has a husband, daughter (already moved to her own household), and a son and daughter-in-law with kids. So... they definitely need more than two bedrooms and a single bath. I added an upstairs that conforms to the lines of the existing house, but... I find the roof tools for TS4 very challenging, and my roof looks pretty bad. So if anyone wants to play with that, or has seen a revamp on the gallery (I haven't been able to find one yet), please let me know!

(*I've been doing this with all of the premades this time; instead of deleting them, I just add extended family-- cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.-- that I do intend to actively play, and then move out the premades into their own non-housed household. This way I get to play the households I've envisioned, but I like that they have these extended families still wandering around the islands.)

Edited to add: I actually like the premade lots for the most part, but the problem I'm having with both the premades and the ones I'm finding on the gallery is that there's a big gap in what I need. Almost everything is *either* a tiny home suitable for 1-2 sims, OR an enormous and very fancy home. What I'm looking for is homes that are still very rustic/simple, but suitable for at least a small family.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    @kalaksed honestly that's pretty darn impressive :D nice work!! I don't think I'd have the patient to build something that large and that detailed.

FYI, for those that may be interested, Lilsimsie's got a new save you can download via her Tumblr that has some pretty nice lots in it! Restaurants, a remade café (took that one out of it), a beautiful Spa Resort, etc.

More info here: https://youtu.be/FKKoulmD_6M
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    27-6-19-23-56-12.png

Not done yet, but I am working on this fancy resort with modern, but cultural huts on stilts. It is for couples who want a little privacy and have their own area to swim and lounge in floats near their hut.
    I have two sims that will go on a honeymoon so, so this is perfect for them. It also has a yoga class on stilts on the water. LOVE that!

Behind I am building a hotel with luxery rooms with a seaview. This lot is for fancy and wealthy sims who do not care about the Sulani culture and just wanna lay in the sun and sip on drinks.

I am also building a pool over the water, so it has that pool-beach edge effect :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Key point Shack :)

Nothing fancy, just a little shack and a jetty. This is my off grid lot. I have play tested it and all is good ;)

BCYfdD8.png

tF2mdzx.png

bVM5w6P.png

TfL3crG.png

4GoJDlZ.png

EgI6Dm4.png

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    I built a huge house above water. I love big houses cause I usually play with big families, this house has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. I just showed the parents bedroom cause the other ones are empty, nobody is living there for the moment.

Outside
    0PKwY3h.png
    XSHw8rc.png
    NFRKrdv.png
    qY8rNOt.png
    utXW7Ur.png
    ARQ4vdJ.png
    1iqrPPm.png
    FiPRJlT.png
    ea0dyIx.png
    kFhDlRk.png
    64m7pnc.png
    OVEfCZ3.png
    rHtEyPq.png

The interior
    pfbaZ12.png
    oRGzNFU.png
    4jnahl6.png
    PiC4h7H.png
    1fEhCRP.png
    nq58IzX.png
    RhlfXb9.png
    rpcns7O.png
    YNwNaZm.png
    qCuiQYM.png
    UEokJib.png
    AoT7ra4.png
    xGgaBUM.png
    pGhy8hT.png
    v8pS4QQ.png
    zwONwhg.png
    uA2tMUa.png
    0WyC09d.png
    S4GVPAG.png
    0D578nk.png
    4T308N0.png
    RbL3kVk.png
    gj6AhnU.png

Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Thank you everyone for your pictures. They have given me so many ideas for building. I was thinking, myself of building a Spa @MDianaSanders but yours is so nice I'm downloading it instead and I love the StrangerVille door in your house @PapayaPancake it's ideal for a water hideaway from "Mother." B)
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Amazing builds all around!

I've been mostly playing an off-the-grid family, started from scratch, so their lot is far from ready since I update it as they earn more money. Here's a WiP picture:
    327b8543b182761bfb6d39cc3c325a46.jpg

The corner shack is bathroom, the shacks next to it separate bedroom areas for parents and children, and the extra shack is sheltered garden.

Living off-the-grid and having children (and having jobs) means there had to be a good community center, so I built this in the small 20x20 lot:
    a06a125e7f391fef1e08aff29262fa31.jpg

Stove and fridge needed for baking birthday cakes, among other things.
    99100cbc2d26b5df1f6ac79bcdaaa4e6.jpg

Some kava and arts:
    26e9a5fbbdb580bcb2a33f1402a55541.jpg

Room for school projects, and also fishie mural.
    49233d4cff508a075ccaa1a9e3d5876b.jpg

Nap section for toddlers:
    2dbf385152ed8e1c52db2c47f49fc1e0.jpg

The lot is officially a Library, which is mostly upstairs:
    da435eb8306ce265796dad53c80c656c.jpg

I originally tried to make the building an Arts Center, but since one of its main purposes was to be after-school activities and family gathering spot, the bar that is required to be in the Arts Center was just off. You can fulfill the requirement with the coffee bar, buuut no barista spawns for it, just a very confused mixologist standing around. So Library it is!

I've uploaded it with the name Sulani Community Center, and my name in the gallery is Lumiasta, just like here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top