Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Genies to be included in Realm of Magic GP ?

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other...
    Witches genies and fairies are all in the realm of magic if more than 1 occult is not in this pack they should of just named this pack Witches. The cost of creating the system for supernatural powers has been done in Vampires so I say why not magic animations and a small world is about the only thing Realm of Magic can offer they might as well go all out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Why not but I would prefer another occult.
    I would prefer genies be included in a different pack. Faeries and witches are apart of a lot of European folk lore, while genies are middle-eastern folk lore, so I would prefer they show up in an Aladdin-inspired pack or something like that. Though I would prefer we get witches, faeries, werewolves, and dragons before they give us genies.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    Genies, Zombies, etc... They don't need to be fully fleshed out. Like mermaids.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    No, I hate genies they are IRRELEVANT.
    Don't hate them, but the Game Pack should only focus on one which is Witches. This is going to be a game pack, split focus means it'll be no good.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Don't really care. I just want Witches.
    I don't want TS4 to be overrun by occults, I'd prefer if they were a fake lifestate like plantsims, if even playable.

I didn't want mermaids, I kinda like them now, at least the CAS assets for them, but I'd be fine if witches were the last full occult state. I want robots and werewolves most of all but one is not sentient and the other is only relevant like, once a month.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other...
    No, Realm of Magic should be about wizards, witches, alchemists, Druids or something. Not every occult out there. And this time let's hope it's not just magic tricks any Sim can learn by slight of hand.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    Other...
    For me, genies are probably the occult I care the least about. They just aren't that interesting to me.
    For me the ranking of occults is
    1. Vampires
    2. Witches
    3. Mermaids
    4. faires
    5. werewolves
    6. Aliens

Anything else I'm not really that bothered about. I know for sure witches will be in this pack but I'm not really sure we will get any other occult. Genies don't seem likely.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    Witches and genies were my most used types of Sims in Sim 2. The most fun to play.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    Simburian wrote: »
    Witches and genies were my most used types of Sims in Sim 2. The most fun to play.

Did you have a mod to play Genies in TS2? Do you have a link?
    I love playing Witch/Genie hybrids in TS3. Praise be to the Mod God Twallan (and his Demi-Gods who have carried on his work)!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other...
    Anmirla wrote: »

I love playing Witch/Genie hybrids in TS3. Praise be to the Mod God Twallan (and his Demi-Gods who have carried on his work)!

No, the old 🐸🐸🐸🐸 woman leaves the lamp at your door but you have to earn it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    I'm indifferent to genies, but I wouldn't mind them!! :)
    c22.jpg
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'm not exactly sure what a "genie" entails anyway... like what is special about this mythical creature? Both visually and mechanically, like what does a Genie even do?
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Why is everyone assuming A GAME PACK will have more than one occult?
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    Cinebar wrote: »

No, the old 🐸🐸🐸🐸 woman leaves the lamp at your door but you have to earn it.

It's a random chance that increases with high hobby enthusiasm and something else that I can't remember at this moment (number of Sims with a high aspiration meter?). Genies were NPC/objects until TS3.
    That's why when the poster said that playing with Witches and Genies in TS2 were the most used, I thought that maybe they had a mod to have playable Genies. If so, I want. :)
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    Eliharb wrote: »

It seems that people aren't thinking about the fact that this is a Game pack (or don't care) and they think that cramming every other Occult in it will result in something good. It won't.
    The only way to add others will be to make any extras as NPCs or temporary states. Only one can be fleshed out properly at a time in a game pack.

There can be only one...
  • PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2019
    Why not but I would prefer another occult.
    I'd like witches/warlocks and werewolves but genies would be cool!
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !

They chose to call the pack "Realm of Magic" and not Witch so a lot of people think that this might mean that we're getting multiple occults. But it's just speculation.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !

It seems that people aren't thinking about the fact that this is a Game pack (or don't care) and they think that cramming every other Occult in it will result in something good. It won't.
    The only way to add others will be to make any extras as NPCs or temporary states. Only one can be fleshed out properly at a time in a game pack.

There can be only one...

Recent gamepacks have been getting a lot more content than the first ones. So it's not impossible to have 2 fleshed out occults in RoM. And imo occults like genies or fairies doesn't need as much attention and work as Witches. So we could be getting fleshed out Witches and another minor occult like Genies or Fairies.
    But yes, it is highly possible that RoM will contain only contain one occult.
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    If they're the way they were in the sims 1 then yes, if they're like in the sims 3 then no thank you
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    If they're the way they were in the sims 1 then yes, if they're like in the sims 3 then no thank you

hey you are insulting the creator of this game - the Genie in Sims 1 was Will Wrights own creation - it even used his voice... no insulting Will Wright...

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nope~
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    I only want Genies for their unique lower body tbh, and new skin tones!

But they could also have unique magic powers, same with Fairies, that differentiate them enough from Witches. Otherwise they might just make an NPC that does the same things as the wishing well from Romantic Garden Stuff.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    Genies should be more playable like Witches. Both should be very illusive about their nature. Using their spells openly in public settings can get the wrong people after them, including Witchhunters, Alien Researchers, Mad Scientists, Darkly dressed FBI agents, Powerful Entities, etc. Once captured, who knows if they return at all or as their former selves.
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    @Writin_Reg I literally said that I want them to be the way they were in TS1?

• Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Other...
    I want a fleshed our magic systems with different tiers and focuses. If they can do branches similar to a career field making you a: witch, fairy, wizard, warlock, genie, etc. I’ll be down.