Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

shang simla home hood?

I know someone had put champs le sims as a home hood. I was wondering if this has been done with shang simla.

If not I was curious if anyone has recomendations on a oriental themed world that doesnt feel like a newer city. More villagesque like shang simla.

Comments

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited November 2011
    What would you want in this world? With champs le sims, in the version I made, I added extra cummonity lots to flesh out the world and make it more a playable Home world. Would you like something like this or a version where you need to add your own lots, so you can do some of the designing yourself.

If nobody else takes up this project I will do the world after my current project, but you will need to wait awhile before I can start a new project.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    If you go to the site called My Sims Realty simsrealtor has an oriental world. It is not the one in WA, but it surely could be an adjacent world. It's quite cute and fun to play in - for now anyway until Stw gets going on the real one.

Believe me Stw's worlds are worthy of waiting for as well, so simrealtors little oriental world can help you bide your time.

Here's a link. The Oriental world is called Pagoda Isles.

http://mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds.html

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for the replies.

Stw402 I have seen your work and love it. I would definitely like it to be a more fleshed out homeworld with extra lots. I have all expansion packs. So I wouldn't mind a few clubs. I would not be upset with rabbitholes being placed in the city eve if you had to replace the relic, book, and general stores. But I would also like some empty lots to do my own thing.

And seeing that my sims will still be able to travel to shang simla it wouldn't bother me if you replaced the tombs with stuff to make it more neighborhoody. If that makes sense.

@Writin Thanks for the suggestion I will check it out.
  • HollyZeeHollyZee Posts: 224 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Amazing World. I'm playing a family in Hidden Springs and they are doing fine. I, the player, am feeling closed in and want something bigger than HS but continuing with the open air/mountain feel. Great Bear looks to fill that need. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. And please, put at least one 60 x 60 lot in. I seem to be addicted to that size lot. (Perfect for a decent, nice house, a nice full size garden, and room for at least two horses.)

I keep rereading the thread just to see the scenery again. :lol:

edited November 2011
    I checked out pagoda isles. It is very well done but i think i still prefer the inland feel of shang simla.

Stw402, whenever you get around to doing this, I would also be fine if you just wanted to make it a homeworld and not add all the rabbitholes and stuff and I could do that on my own.
    edited November 2011
    [Shang Simla Test Version

th_Screenshot-9-31.png

This version is for testing only, it's a base world with all the sims from china, it should work, but before you jump in and play about with the world, this is not like the delux france version I uploaded it's got no edits and comes with the sims from Shang Simla holiday resort, so I would not visit this location, you will get duplicate sims. You will probable need to tweak the cummonity lots so people can go to work etc.

With tweaking the world this is what I would do, replace all dungeons with cummonity lots, delete all the sims in holiday china so you avoid duplicates should you wish to visit the dungeons, alternativly download a world and make this a vacetion spot instead, it's not that tricky to do this, I'm currently using that Setra world as a replacement egypt, I can give you instructions should you go down this path.

The best way to get the world into your game is place the world in the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

I've made the world a suburb so the world should start spawning pets, please test this if you get chance.

It will also be possible to share saved game files, if you do a lot work and edit the world to make it more playable then if you share the saved game file, I for one would love to have a play about with the world, it seems a entirly new way of playing the game.

:mrgreen:
    edited November 2011
    I didn't see the file when clicking the link. It just sent me to mediafire's home page. So I made an account and tried again and it went to My Files, which is empty.

Thanks for the work on this though. I am honored you took time out to do this. I will definitely tweak it adding the rabbitholes and try and save it to mediafire to share.
    edited November 2011
    Sorry about that, here is a new link:-

Screenshot-9-31.png
    edited November 2011
    oddly enough it is doing the same thing. only seeing home page. Can someone else try to see if its me?

I have to go to work now. Will be trying again in 10 hours or so. I know this will work eventually :lol:

Thanks again
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited November 2011
    EA's site must not like the link name. :?
    edited November 2011
    Had problems with the code just type in the code instead

I will check back later when I get back from work

th_Screenshot-9-31.png
    edited November 2011
    It worked downloading now.

Not sure when I will have time to work on it. Hopefully by the weekend I will have something interesting to share.

Just did a quick test it showed up and loaded fine. I will fiddle more with it later.

Thank you so much!!
    edited November 2011
    I have started some rough tweaking to get things rollin.

Pets are spawning as they should. 2 Wild horses got stuck on the road where they spawned and could not move. I have nrass mods and was able to do resetsim with mastercontroller to fix them. not sure if it is possible to enter the cheat normally and use "Wild Horse" as the sim name.

I am converting many of the lots.

The hidden spring tomb has become a day spa-hospital-science facility. I thought it fitting.

Dragon cave is now a vampire lounge with dragon head still there.

Halls of lost army is of course town center. with military and police.

Resolute fist is a gym.

The market tomb now has the book grocery diner and bistro under it.

The lot across form the market has the business complex, theater, and movie studio.

The big temple with the axe is a ginormus art gallery from the world "Yume no Shima.

Terra cotta army is nothing yet.

Hans old barn is now the criminal headquarters.

I wimped out on the base camp and just slapped down the huge equestrian center lot. But I am trying to do everything else custom. No premade lots.

Converted two of the houses in the palace area to the fire station and pool.

Consignment Salon library and pet store will be in the various corner towers of the city.

I am just getting everything roughed in and will do more detail work on decorating lots later.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions throw em at me. I am not the greatest builder :mrgreen:

edited November 2011
    Sounds like you have it under control if you ask me. hehehe

Just have fun with it is my best suggestion, and make your vision of what you want it to be is always best.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• cinemiacinemia Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi everyone, I know this is old, but I ran into a problem. I downloaded that .rar file for china, but the only thing I could extract was a .world file. I tried putting that in installed worlds but it's not showing up when I try to make a new game. I'm using a mac, by the way. Can anyone help me out?
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited February 2012
    From stw's post previously in this thread:
    The best way to get the world into your game is place the world in the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited February 2012
    That's for a PC. I'm using a Mac.
    edited February 2012
    Well you'll need the Mac equivalent to that, which I absolutely have no clue about. But if you have any idea of the equivalent in program files that is where it has to go or it won't work.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited February 2012
    cinemia wrote:
    That's for a PC. I'm using a Mac.

You just translate it:

Applications \The Sims 3 \The Sims 3.app > Contents \Resources \transgaming \C_drive \Program Files \Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 \GameData \Shared \NonPackaged\Worlds

This may help you to figure out how to open the app bundle:
    http://switchtoamac.com/guides/applications/application-contents.html
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited February 2012
    It worked! Thanks so much!
  • SystemsOperatorSystemsOperator Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    Hello,
    This thread is ancient by now, but I just downloaded Shang Simla to live in (thank you so much for making this, Stw!) and was wondering if it works the same way for everyone:

I'm able to choose the world for a new game, but when it loads up the game thinks it's still one of the vacation worlds. (The 3 icons at the top-left in Edit Town are now only two; Shang Simla's icon is excluded because it thinks I'm already in it). Also, it tells me I need a cheat to edit lot assignments (like the dragon tomb, even though Evezan said he edited that one to be a lounge; Evezan did you have to use a cheat?)

It would be really cool if I could live in this world, edit it, but still travel to regular Shang Simla to do the Adventures at some point... is it possible?

By the way, I placed it in the "Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds" just as instructed, so I don't think this is because I put it in a vacation folder or anything.

Thank you again, hope someone can help!

• lana1729lana1729 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this thread is long gone by now but I have been trying to find a way to play in Shang Simla for years. After finding this thread I found the file to download on Stw402 exchange profile however it's not working. My game says it's downloaded but I cant select it as a world when starting a new game. Also, all the links associated with the world on this thread aren't showing, and the instruction forum that was linked with the download on the exchange no longer exists.

Please, if anyone can help I'm desperate. I've been trying for so long.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed this thread. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top