Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Couple of items missing for kids in Island Living

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
@SimGuruMorgan @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruFrost

It's weird that there's no toddler bed to come with the pack to match with the rest of the island furniture. Looking at all the toddler beds we currently have they just don't really fit in with the rest of it. Would have also like to see maybe a wooden potty of sorts as well as a new bassinet for babies. Thinking maybe something with straw and green leaves maybe or something with seashells. Kinda hard to match certain things in the pack that look a little too modern when you're having a family that lives on the island, especially off the grid.

I like that a more rustic looking swing was brought to this pack and fits in so well rather than the one from seasons, definitely a couple of things left out. (Had thought maybe there would be a new toy for toddlers too like a doll or one in a shape of a mermaid?

Also, footwear for toddlers as in sandals. I just realize there isn't really any flip-flop/sandals for toddlers. :s Can you guys please consider bringing some of these in the next patch?

Oh on another note a mailbox as well, as I saw some of the ones that were set dressing with the multiple ones that look all rusted and worn and I LOVE that. Was really sad there wasn't anything that came with that and the base game mailbox is pretty 'meh' to be on the beach.
5vJrxmT.png

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Definitely agreed on the toddler beds and this isn't even just for Island Living. I find it very sad that not a single pack since toddlers were introduced to the game have added new beds for them. Even Toddler Stuff didn't give them even one new bed.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    Definitely agreed on the toddler beds and this isn't even just for Island Living. I find it very sad that not a single pack since toddlers were introduced to the game have added new beds for them. Even Toddler Stuff didn't give them even one new bed.

Completely forgot they didnt bring a new bed for toddlers in that pack. Would like some in different styles and atleast those with some void critters. Think the best in the kids room pack did that atleast??? Last bed we got was the patched in one for the inflatable one with salvadorada.

I like that they added more swatches to the toddler diaper for more variety to be like little swimmers because it was lacking and boring. But it makes me sad when young sims get left out so much. I know many play with teen and older, but many are also family players too. :'(

Yeah those stages are restricted in every game of course, but having more choices is always great.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

There was a toddler bed added for JA the one that can be stored in your sim's inventory. Not sure if it came with the pack itself or was part of a patch when it became realized that toddlers can't use tents.

Not saying I don't agree that we need LOTS more beds for them but just pointing out that they have added something since they were released.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

JA has one that looks cute with Island living.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Some of the prints do fit in (JA fits fit in fairly well with the pack), though I would still like one to match with the rest of the furniture with some of those wood tones.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Some of the prints do fit in (JA fits fit in fairly well with the pack), though I would still like one to match with the rest of the furniture with some of those wood tones.

Totally agree. It would be nice. Also the Caribbean stuff and patterns. I was just suggesting the JA - sort of for now anyway. Better than nothing or using the old stuff I guess. But I would love more matching island stuff.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....