The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The battle of Veronaville! Monty family VS Capp family

M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 2
latest?cb=20090501192049

A couple of premade Sims neighborhoods have come with 2 families not getting along with eachother. The grandest example of this trope in the Sims franchise has to be the Monty-Capp feud in Veronaville: not only referencing Romeo and Juliet, but also putting in hints of other Shakespearian plays, such as Much Ado About Nothing, King Lear, The Tempest and The Taming of the Shrew.

The question now is: which of these families do you root for? The Monty's or the Capps?

latest?cb=20090430224308latest?cb=20090327220025
Banner.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

The battle of Veronaville! Monty family VS Capp family 53 votes

Monty Family
45%
Bluefairy286IdontrcallHejixbandit5keekee53PeachesnDucksRiskagen88JULES1111DevSims91CheiriPixielovesstormsDevalaousM13VulpeculaPhoenixArrandeOlivesplum06EnkiSchmidtgarapoesOldeseadoggeMango23Lilian1234 24 votes
Capp Family
54%
LaBlue0314AnmirlaParyElokaFearlessButterflyCinebarzagboorulestwiddle3DillynJamesSimplyTorijjames041Sapphire268annaliese39rowboat1999YJB19299Breazonak_reeser1EricasFreePlaybellagorilladelicado 29 votes

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    Monty Family
    I'm rooting for the Monty's myself, since my very first Sims 2 experience was the PS2 version, where Patrizio and Isabella appear. :) Plus my first Veronaville play I mainly played Bianca Monty who married Kent Capp into her family name. :)
    Banner.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Capp Family
    I'm not sure why, but I've always simply enjoyed playing the Capps more. Maybe it's because more life stages and variety are represented within the Capp premade households. *shrug*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Monty Family
    Don't ask me why.. I have no clue. :D I just always found myself liking them more for some reason.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Monty Family
    I'm going with Monty because their home takes the least effort to make it playable for me. Aside from that I do not have a preference as I rarely play in that 'hood.

In my only attempt of Veronaville for longer than a few days Tybalt Capp married a foreign noble. Since the Capp trace the line through the female he wasn't a Capp any longer at this point. Tybalt became king of Veronaville and rules with an iron fist that stomps down the slightest of inter-clan rivalries.
  • SimplyErica16SimplyErica16 Posts: 51 Member
    Capp Family
    I've always been for the Capps because I always enjoyed playing with Juliet and making her fall in love with Romeo, and then getting her pregnant for him. I have some odd gameplays haah
    I'm a fellow Simmer!
    I have a youtube channel as well! Check it out ➭ SimplyErica

• Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    Monty Family
    I've always rooted for the Monty Clan, because like @M13Vulpecula, my very first Sims game was on the Playstation 2 where I was introduced to the heads of the Monty household. Also, when I first got the Sims 2 on PC the Monty household was one of the first households I ever played on.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Monty Family
    After Alleen's Romeo & Juliet, I have to vote the Monty family. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Monty Family
    Monty because I feel that the Capps are more 'meaner' or evil.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Monty Family
    I loved Mercutio at first sight, lol. And I married Beatrice in my first and only 10 generations legacy. Her father married the house Servo. And her brother died in a fire but was ressurected as a zombie, studied maths, started a greek house and dated his teacher. I had a soft spot for him too. Plus, the Monty loved good food... ;P So many cooking points. Such a contrast with so many others sim families! Capp just seemed mean...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Monty Family
    After fixing Romeo’s face I have a ball playing the Monty’s, although I like the Capp’s too.

I always pair Romeo’s brother with Puck... Tybalt gets with a boy townie (after I torture him a bit). This time I’m playing Kent and Bianca as gay sims too and I change Romeo’s and sometimes Juliet’s aspiration so they have stronger chemistry...

But yeah I’m team Monty
  • Riskagen88Riskagen88 Posts: 9 New Member
    Monty Family
    My favourite of the two is actually the Capp family, because I like its varieties and its many "evil" sims. :D Which is why I voted for the Montys. They seem like better people in general. :P
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Capp Family
    The poll seems to be closed, but I would side with the Montys :) While I love Juliette and Hermia, I think the Montys are more well-intentioned than the Capps.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Monty Family
    Monty for sure. The Capps have always been cold business career types, and the feud started with Consort breaking a promise. The Montys are pretty much italian cooks with a passion for food, the Sims 3 representation of their earlier years also shows them as much more..normal., than the Capps.

Gameplay wise, both of them are frustrating if played default; Goneril has a family too big for any of the started homes she can afford, and the Montys in the bin have to live in the Capp side of town due to thier low funds; I always make them move into the respective sides in homes they can actually live in.

Im currently recreating Sims 2 characters and lots in Sims 3, and im dreading all of Veronaville; the family tree is so vast, i'll be making dead ancestors for days!
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • SurvivorGuy001SurvivorGuy001 Posts: 1 New Member
    Capp Family
    Of course I'm picking Capps, Hermia won it for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top