Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Absolute Worst Thing?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited June 2019
    The bad fps in big worlds. XD

Other than that, I hate the rain cuz the sims just take out their umbrellas like crazy and sometimes it gets bugged, so I just turn off rain. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims endlessly serenading each other, who even does that? I downloaded a mod to stop it. :D

• PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2019
    Waking up early when the sims's hygiene or hunger falls too low. I can see getting out of bed in the middle of the night because you have to pee, but honestly who wakes up early because they feel stinky?

Visitors autonomously emptying the trash. Especially when I see kids doing that. I mean when you were a kid did you EVER go to your friend's house and decide to empty their trash?
  • sims929292sims929292 Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2019
    The fact that sims' body types can change in-game. I wish there was a way to disable that. I made sims of all different sizes and I put a lot of thought into that so I'd like them to stay the way that I made them. I avoid any fitness activities because I don't want my sims building muscle or losing weight.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Random conversation joiners.
    Perfect way to tank a conversation's mood from Steamy Conversation to Awkward Conversation.
    Like, learn to read the room. Three (or more for goodness sake) is a crowd!

Plus there's that annoying way every single Sim in a conversation will have to ONE BY ONE GREET ANYONE THAT JOINS IN.
    ZISAMBAAAA WHO CARES GO AWAY!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    LAUNDRY.

Laundry is the most obnoxious thing in the games and the stupid washers and dryers are constantly breaking down! WHY?
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    At least laundry is optional. If you don't buy a washer or dryer, then your Sims will never get dirty laundry.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sims endlessly serenading each other, who even does that? I downloaded a mod to stop it. :D

Speaking of this, I hate how, once your Sim gains the Singing skill, they can no longer do the quick non-skill version of Serenade.
    The version of Serenade they do once they learn Singing takes sooooo long. And worst of all, if the target of the Serenade leaves midway or the singer stops singing before it's done, then it actually hurts their relationship!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    When some townie I’ve never seen before dies and it makes them sad for days.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    The constant stream of text messages, even with the phone on silent. Do people really need to call and say they heard I just became good friends with... my toddler?! I ended up downloading a mod to shut the phone up completely unless I specifically give someone the number.

Oh and mourning.... 2 days for a random my sim used retail interations on. The same amount of time as a close family member. Really? I find that quite offensive. And why do my toddlers mourn a distant relative they never met? Grrrr. This was a nightmare doing the 100 baby challenge.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    M hotkeyed to Travel ... right beside the < and > keys I use to rotate the camera. Bad design.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    The smiling.

If there weren't facial overlay mods, I don't think I could play..
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Too.... much.... smiling.......
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    M hotkeyed to Travel ... right beside the < and > keys I use to rotate the camera. Bad design.

Yep. I'm constantly hitting it by accident.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Not having the ability to turn vampires off. I’m sick of them coming into my house and attempting to bite my sims. I always use mccc to get rid of them but they always come back 😭😩
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    My big 3 are:
    -emotions/traits and how they work (or don't work).

-Anything phone. Just UGH. They call and text at weird times and for weird reasons. Travelling by phone is also really strange. It's like each sim has a free personal taxi service. That said, the phone UI is a huge improvement on S3 for me.

- Autonomous anything. I'm all for autonomy but it seems pretty broken atm, and I can't leave my sim alone. Sims drink water instead of taking a shower, take out garbage instead of getting food, wash dishes in the bathroom instead of at sink, and play phone games in public when their social needs are low.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2019
    Corenren wrote: »
    People calling on the phone and inviting my sim places. I can't stand it, I wish it didn't happen, its so annoying. I never accept invites and I wish there was a way to turn the phone and not even use it in my game.

I hate this and am so confused - shouldn't the "silence phone/screen calls" thing disable all of this? Cause I have a feeling it does nothing. Is it bugged or working as intended?

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2019
    Well I went through all the answers to get ideas what I really dislike and not even the answers could onvince me to dislike anything. lol
    I just like the game. :)
    It is weird though to get phone calls from sims you hardly know or get sad when a randomer dies but I'm not mad about it. I like the random little things in general, very life like. You don't always only have your friend and a family member you talk to, life is happening all around you and it comes into your life whether you want to or not.

I guess I don't like vampires. They're well done but I don't like occults. I could really do without them :D I'm not sure I can uninstall it though as my one and only save has the pack in it...
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Right now my biggest frustration is losing drones. I send them out to record neighborhood footage and never see them again. (I've stopped sending them out now.) And, yes, I've searched and searched. We need a way to locate our missing drones.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Sims constantly taking their phones out, how long it takes to eat at a restaurant. But the one thing that makes me quite the game all the time is sims walking around in random outfits, even if they already have outfits picked for them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Right now my biggest frustration is losing drones. I send them out to record neighborhood footage and never see them again. (I've stopped sending them out now.) And, yes, I've searched and searched. We need a way to locate our missing drones.

Haha I lost a drone recently and then, when I had given up looking for it, I suddenly came across one in a random place and it turned out to be my sim's!

It's interesting to see what irritates people - I think most of what has been said irritates me too, though I have not had sims serenading anywhere. I also didn't even know there was an M hotkey lol.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Texting, calling, day and night, even after they die. 'Silence phone' keeps the game from reverting to slow speed whenever a text comes in, and that's made it a little better, but barely. I still have to close the pop-ups constantly.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Apart from bugs and annoying phone calls every five minutes (especially those of the "Congratulations on making friends with your own daughter, she's a really cool person even though I've never met her and don't even know the colour of her eyes" kind), TS4 has a habit of being either too subtle or too in-your-face about everything. An example for the latter would be the overabundance of townies with Asian names that came with City Living, bonus points if their ethnicities don't even match those names. It's not like I don't want that in my game, just... not on every other person I meet in public even outside of San Myshuno.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Oh, and when my sim gets invited somewhere and then, just as we arrive the destination the other sim goes home immediately.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    LAUNDRY.

Laundry is the most obnoxious thing in the games and the stupid washers and dryers are constantly breaking down! WHY?

Hmm - suggestion - don't like laundry - don't use it in your game. Simple solution if you ask me. Some simmers like it - so why take away their option to have it because you don't like it. I don't like housework in the game so I simply do not add things to my game that has to do with those things - I would not tell others they shouldn't have it or carry on over it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....