Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    one of alana and rylans neighbors caught their house on fire while they were at work.

Doesn't sound like a very good neighbor.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    one of alana and rylans neighbors caught their house on fire while they were at work.

its kind of ironic in a way. she and rylan live in the new island world. and the neighbor catches the house on fire when alonzos house caught fire the neibors put it out. so i knew they could put them out before today i didn't know they could start them

but yeah bad neighbor the irony is she died in the fire she started.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »

its kind of ironic in a way. she and rylan live in the new island world. and the neighbor catches the house on fire when alonzos house caught fire the neibors put it out. so i knew they could put them out before today i didn't know they could start them

but yeah bad neighbor the irony is she died in the fire she started.

That sounds... *ahem* fun.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited June 2019
    New chapter! :)
    Chapter 3.54
    D96mjwxW4AIcota.jpg
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    I wanted to share that my daughter Squirrelwithacup is graduating HS with honors today. Congratulations Squirrel! I <3 you very much and I'm super proud of you. Now, time to party!!!!!!!!!!!

yxMi0kE.png
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Congratulations squirrel family!!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    does anyone know how many days it takes for leave piles to appear?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Holy cowplants! Have I got a bunch of updates for you!

First, The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright
    catching-up.jpg?w=474&h=356
    1.80 Old Friends
    1.81 Precious Stones
    1.82 Playing Field
    1.83 Phony
    1.84 Proverbial Black Hat
    Kass spends some more time with Gage and things heat up as she discovers her great-grandmother's stolen brooch under mysterious circumstances.

Second, Livin' A Simmin' Life
    tumblr_inline_pt44pbf0cQ1tucyhp_540.png
    3.15 Parker's Tantrum
    3.16 More Meltdowns
    3.17 Monster Proofing
    3.18 Makeup, Meows, and Muffins
    featuring my Simself and her family, the triplets, @InfraGreen's Carrie and Marshall, and @LegacySims2017's Joseph and Dulcie
    more fun family times and the couple steals a moment too :)

Third, I'm continuing to move chapters of Darkness May Dream to WordPress. You can read more here.

Fourth and finally, a new chapter of the Introvert's Guide to the World - The INFJ
    tumblr_inline_pt9hpllZ6w1tucyhp_540.png
    Chapter Two: Old Friends
    “No friend like an old friend who has shared our morning days, no greeting like his welcome, no homage like his praise.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Congratulations squirrel family!!

Thank you! It has been a very nice and exciting day for our family.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Anyone here have tips for stories involving kids?

Im finding it difficult to write since there arent many poses out there. Also sometimes i forget im writing through the pov of a kid and i make them sound like little adults :lol:
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Acarb90 wrote: »

Im finding it difficult to write since there arent many poses out there. Also sometimes i forget im writing through the pov of a kid and i make them sound like little adults :lol:

i think the only kid i wrote so far is channing, noels son. he started at like 7 . but he did sound like a mini adult. noel made a mistake and channing is talking about it.

he wasn't a mistake channing as a suprise. i was looking through the bender family tree and found him.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey, I'm back!
    And in dire need of help. I'm scrapping all my stories and starting afresh, but getting the intro to work is going terribly.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Hey, I'm back!
    *screams and tackle hugs* Welcome back!!!! 🎉
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Hey, I'm back!
    *screams and tackle hugs* Welcome back!!!! 🎉

hehe, thank you
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

Hi @Acarb90, writing stories from a kid's perspective can be tricky. I try and think about how I was when I was that age. I think about other kiddos in my life. I might read a kid's book or watch a kid's show. I also find kid Sims can be expressive, so sometimes the game reveals a gold mine with kids' behavior that helps me interpret dialogue. Hope that helps.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Definitely think about the age of your kids. The "little adults" thing is less noticeable if the character is 11 as opposed to 6 after all. Otherwise...have any nieces/nephews or younger cousins you see on the holidays? What's the last thing you talked about with them?

As for the pose thing I could link to my favorite posemaking tutorials but I don't need to be that extra around everyone. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    It's been a long time since I posted in here but I just wanted to share how excited I am to be downloading Island Living right now. My husband doesn't care but I'm over the moon! The day they released the trailer I had just finished downloading the sims 3 because I wanted to play the island pack and thinking to myself that sims 4 needs this pack but also they should be releasing a new one soon and ta-da! 2 hours later the trailer was released.

Also did I hear right that a magic expansion is coming?
    i've been playing channing most of today. usually when i make the benders bad they get upset channing seems to enjoy it. i guess cause hes only half bender,
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I posted in here but I just wanted to share how excited I am to be downloading Island Living right now. My husband doesn't care but I'm over the moon! The day they released the trailer I had just finished downloading the sims 3 because I wanted to play the island pack and thinking to myself that sims 4 needs this pack but also they should be releasing a new one soon and ta-da! 2 hours later the trailer was released.

Also did I hear right that a magic expansion is coming?

its a Gamepack we don't know much about it. Only that its called Realm of Magic (the accyrom just makes me think of a museum in Toronto )
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I definitely notice that in the game lol. A few times they made a certain face and I just had to add it to the story somehow.

@InfraGreen Right now the characters in my story are around 9/10 years old so not too young. Also a few of them are really smart for their age so I guess it makes sense lol. I would love to make my own poses, but I get too impatient and i would probably be horrible at it :lol:
    THIRTYT(2).png
    @AdamsEve1231 I definitely notice that in the game lol. A few times they made a certain face and I just had to add it to the story somehow.

@InfraGreen Right now the characters in my story are around 9/10 years old so not too young. Also a few of them are really smart for their age so I guess it makes sense lol. I would love to make my own poses, but I get too impatient and i would probably be horrible at it :lol:

i have to use the in game poses cause the benders could be still for 20 minutes. but if i point a camera at them they move. every time.

i got aydens favorite mod back so their won't be many pics anyway.
    Right now the characters in my story are around 9/10 years old so not too young. Also a few of them are really smart for their age so I guess it makes sense lol. I would love to make my own poses, but I get too impatient and i would probably be horrible at it :lol:
    Yeah, you can get away with a lot by that age, vocab-wise. When it comes to Blender, ngl, hands and faces are especially painful to pose in my experience. When posing for my own story, on the second attempt, I cheated and used an EA animation as the base - saved my sanity, that did.

Jacob_Banner.png
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    Hey, so I've been writing this glorified fanfiction for something like 2, maybe 3 years now, and finally got the guts to upload it a couple of months ago. Trouble is, it's got a readership of maybe five people and I crave validation. Here's the welcome page.

Your stories seem pretty great! The layout of the website is a bit confusing, though. I'm following your site now! :smiley:

Thanks! Yeah, it's not the greatest. I've tried to mitigate that with the Home page, though - it has all the chapters in order. Additionally, the little arrows at the bottom are generally (I think entirely so far) pointing to the right chapter.

@lillibattenberg The home page is really helpful. Might I also suggest a short summary of your story/concept be included at the top of that page? Maybe mention any series you'll be drawing characters/ideas from (e.g. Ace Attorney). Also have you considered posting on Archive of Our Own and/or FanFiction? I've got a few readers from posting there.
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    Hey, so I've been writing this glorified fanfiction for something like 2, maybe 3 years now, and finally got the guts to upload it a couple of months ago. Trouble is, it's got a readership of maybe five people and I crave validation. Here's the welcome page.

Your stories seem pretty great! The layout of the website is a bit confusing, though. I'm following your site now! :smiley:

Thanks! Yeah, it's not the greatest. I've tried to mitigate that with the Home page, though - it has all the chapters in order. Additionally, the little arrows at the bottom are generally (I think entirely so far) pointing to the right chapter.

@lillibattenberg The home page is really helpful. Might I also suggest a short summary of your story/concept be included at the top of that page? Maybe mention any series you'll be drawing characters/ideas from (e.g. Ace Attorney). Also have you considered posting on Archive of Our Own and/or FanFiction? I've got a few readers from posting there.

Good idea - I might just do that. And yeah, I've got a few old ancient fanfics on FFN, but I wouldn't recommend them. I don't regret writing them, but I was sixteen and emo.
    Jacob_Banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top