Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sapphire Shores lot glitching?

I build a lot on TS4(my user name is JaniHyun on the gallery if you guys wanna check them out) and I was building this beautiful really big house on the Sapphire Shores lot.
I was done with the landscaping and the house itself so I started furnishing it but noticed that the floor was glitching.
I thought that it was weird so I went back to the map and saw that in the map view it looks like my build was just floating on those stilts.. So I came back to the build mode and tried everything(I saved my house to the library, bulldozed the lot, replaced it it didn't help) to fix the problem but no use. I even tried to fix my game but it just doesn't help.
I have build houses on other lots in Sulani and those worked just fine.
Have any of you had problems with Sapphire Shores lot?

Comments

• EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yesss!! This is because the floor transparent glass that came with island living. Took me time to figure this out!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    If that is the lot in the st laz or whatever area the more luxurious area, then yeah. I have heard a lot of crazy stories. I cannot even use the beach over there because sims get caught in a loop. I had a thread which covered things that were happening but it was closed and told to do a bug report on ea AQ or whatever. Ridiculous!! If you can find it some simmers were reporting issues they were having with several lots. One even had missing floors.
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    If that is the lot in the st laz or whatever area the more luxurious area, then yeah. I have heard a lot of crazy stories. I cannot even use the beach over there because sims get caught in a loop. I had a thread which covered things that were happening but it was closed and told to do a bug report on ea AQ or whatever. Ridiculous!! If you can find it some simmers were reporting issues they were having with several lots. One even had missing floors.

ikr!! There is ton of bugs thay came with ialand living and the pach that made me STOP PLAYING IT. Like seriously even removing all the mods didn't help. I still love the island loving pack and I know they will fix the bugs somewhen, but I still think they need to put up a hotfix patch and fast!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Is that the empty 50x50 lot? I heard about this glitch but haven’t seen it. Maybe I didn’t build far enough over the water, I don’t know. I didn’t use the glass floors.

Honestly, the views from that lot didn’t amaze me. There are so many more lovely places to live, I moved that family and am much happier!
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

@keekee53 thank you for that info. It's a beautiful big lot so it's a shame that it's having issues. I hope that those gets fixed in the next patch tho. I really like the world and was excited to try it.

@babajayne yeah that 50x50 lot. It was the perfect spot for a big more traditional yet luxurious house but now it's not useable.
    I didn't use the glass floor thing either. I used it on another build tho and it worked perfectly fine there.

@EliasLayous12 I'm reinstalling TS3 now so I can enjoy a tropical world that actually works(I have a fixed version of Isla Paradiso so I'm good).
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    I build a lot on TS4(my user name is JaniHyun on the gallery if you guys wanna check them out) and I was building this beautiful really big house on the Sapphire Shores lot.
    I was done with the landscaping and the house itself so I started furnishing it but noticed that the floor was glitching.
    I thought that it was weird so I went back to the map and saw that in the map view it looks like my build was just floating on those stilts.. So I came back to the build mode and tried everything(I saved my house to the library, bulldozed the lot, replaced it it didn't help) to fix the problem but no use. I even tried to fix my game but it just doesn't help.
    I have build houses on other lots in Sulani and those worked just fine.
    Have any of you had problems with Sapphire Shores lot?

It's a known bug now:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Glitch-in-outside-flooring-disappearing-in-Water/td-p/7964479
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Good to know and hopefully it gets fixed in a patch soon. That particular lot is where I am going to put my ritzy B&B for my sims who want to vacation in Sulani.

I guess I will leave it for now.
  • Ms_MarauderMs_Marauder Posts: 4 New Member
    For some reason my active residential lots are changing from residential to random things like park, lounge and idk how to fix this! Is this part of the new update!?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Ms_Marauder It's another bug. There's a way to fix it in another thread. It usually happens with lots that were tagged as retail but were later changed to residential. It seems to be happening in previous saves.
  • Ms_MarauderMs_Marauder Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Paigeisin5 said:
    > @Ms_Marauder It's another bug. There's a way to fix it in another thread. It usually happens with lots that were tagged as retail but were later changed to residential. It seems to be happening in previous saves.

Thank you for the help! It's been driving me crazy! I definitely need to fix this...
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Ms_Marauder You're welcome! I hope the fix works for you. :)
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    For some reason my active residential lots are changing from residential to random things like park, lounge and idk how to fix this! Is this part of the new update!?

I've had that problem with a lot in Windenburg. Changed to Gym. When I went into live mode and to the lot info, it said residential, but from the world view it says gym. So weird.