Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you want my money, how about you fix the game!

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Amongst many things, musical chairs. I had to seriously stuff a dining room set (tables and chairs) to a family inventory, because those plums couldn't sit down due to the social thing. Thank you for the free base game version offer you gave a month ago, but I'm not gonna purchase any content until things like these are fixed. There are few other but significiant game-breaking bugs, aside gameplay flaws I will be listing.... if it keeps me even engage at all to play it to begin with. I'm not that kind of player that's likes to eat up everything as If I was in abusive relationship or whatever.

With regards, your fellow long-time simmer.
NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• MissSpiffeyMissSpiffey Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2019
    Long time simmer who just started playing a month ago?

That aside, there are places to go to have your problems addressed in a productive manner that don't involve random ranting about a problem I can't really understand. What exactly is happening? Is "plum" being inserted as a filter for a curse word or what am I missing here?

Edit: yes I get it, it was a cursing filter, but it made the whole thing unintelligible and can't even tell what he's really trying to say.
    Post edited by MissSpiffey on
    Gallery: #ItzSpiffy - I make custom NoCC Wall Art for the game using only my sim's camera and in-game scenery! I also love building modern mansions among other things.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cuss filter. As for the gameplay issue, Sims don't sit on the furniture they're intented to sit on (dining chairs). They eat sitting on their beds. It's well known bug by the name "musical chairs" and have been reported hundred of times.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    What exactly is happening? Is "plum" being inserted as a filter for a curse word or what am I missing here?

I'm surprised someone with your postcount hasn't noticed, but the board uses "plum" to censor any bad word and the filter is set a tighter than in many other places due to the fact that Sims fandom can skew younger than many other games out there.

On topic, sims have always been dumb. They won't have foresight beyond their next action, because programming for that is devilishly complicated. And the times that the team did try to make a solution to one form of being dumb, it created annoyances elsewhere. (E.G: Babies are tied to bassinets because when they weren't, older sims would often just put babies on the ground when they wanted to do something else.) There are plenty of bugs in the game and many reasons to be displeased with the current iteration of it. But sim behavior is one of those things that fans have come to see as a series staple, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Long time simmer who just got the game a month ago?

Is that really weird? Theres a lot of long time players that refuse to buy The Sims 4.
    What exactly is happening? Is "plum" being inserted as a filter for a curse word or what am I missing here?

I'm surprised someone with your postcount hasn't noticed, but the board uses "plum" to censor any bad word and the filter is set a tighter than in many other places due to the fact that Sims fandom can skew younger than many other games out there.

My visits to the forums are few and far between these days and it's been awhile since I was here and I had genuinely forgotten this, (though I realized a few minutes later this was definitely the case as I had already suggested was my guess). My intention with this point was mainly to try to point out the absurdity of how hard it is to tell what someone is trying to communicate to you when all they are doing is cursing unproductively.
    Gallery: #ItzSpiffy - I make custom NoCC Wall Art for the game using only my sim's camera and in-game scenery! I also love building modern mansions among other things.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    My intention with this point was mainly to try to point out the absurdity of how hard it is to tell what someone is trying to communicate to you when all they are doing is cursing unproductively.

A fair point but I don't see how it applies here. It's not very hard to get the main idea of what this post is about, even with the filtering
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @DragonCat159 I agree that game breaking bugs need to be fixed. Many have been ignored for to long. This game is not cheap. Considering the price of the game and the additional packs this should not be an issue. I have had to stop playing several times until certain bugs were addressed. I do feel like they are trying but it feels slow and is frustrating waiting for them to repair the ones affecting your personal game. It is hard to be patient.
    Renato10 wrote: »

Is that really weird? Theres a lot of long time players that refuse to buy The Sims 4.

I mean, I think it's weird to have been such a huge fan but to have never tried the Sims 4, which tells me you are assuming you will hate it all by what other people are saying about it despite your own love of all things like it that have come before. As a person who's experienced this a lot, I've come to learn that the degree to which people complain is usually only rivaled by their love and/or passion for it, which suggests a worthiness to me. It's a weird stance to take from the get go, to not like a game you've never played...and then to go on complaining about it? Yea, weird is just one of the things you could call that.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Amongst many things, musical chairs. I had to seriously stuff a dining room set (tables and chairs) to a family inventory, because those plums couldn't sit down due to the social thing. Thank you for the free base game version offer you gave a month ago, but I'm not gonna purchase any content until things like these are fixed. There are few other but significiant game-breaking bugs, aside gameplay flaws I will be listing.... if it keeps me even engage at all to play it to begin with. I'm not that kind of player that's likes to eat up everything as If I was in abusive relationship or whatever.

Get a member of the family to set the table whilst someone is cooking the meal and then they all sit around it when called to meal. Maybe check Carl's Sims 4 or Sims VIP guides first to get up to speed on the game?
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited June 2019
    which tells me you are assuming you will hate it all by what other people are saying about it despite your own love of all things like it that have come before.
    I don't think it's all like that... but I'm derailing. And for me, it's goes much more beyond having a preference for a game. There's more to it than that. Though I won't be explaining here, because 1)not related to the game 2)I been already irrationally punished for misconduct.

I even played 48 hours trail in hopes of being proven wrong and actually find joy in playing besides my expectations. Let me tell you, wasn't impressed and still not that much when playing with grudges put aside and out of the door when the game's booted. The game hardly has any groundbreak, some of which are nothing more than trivial additions (like multitasking that's barely have any usefulness in my game). The game doesn't pull me with it's superficial live mode features.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2019

I mean, I think it's weird to have been such a huge fan but to have never tried the Sims 4, which tells me you are assuming you will hate it all by what other people are saying about it despite your own love of all things like it that have come before. As a person who's experienced this a lot, I've come to learn that the degree to which people complain is usually only rivaled by their love and/or passion for it, which suggests a worthiness to me. It's a weird stance to take from the get go, to not like a game you've never played...and then to go on complaining about it? Yea, weird is just one of the things you could call that.

Or the whole premise of bright colorful emotions with a closed world wasn't something that interested them over much. And then reading about the bugs that have been in the game since the beginning, and due to your previous Sims experience and how the bugs were (not) dealt with, know it may be a good idea to hold off on buying it. However, FREE is an awfully good price for a game to see if you like it ;)

I've been playing since the beta demo so does my opinion count more? Musical chairs, broken multitasking (and it is broken in several ways) are both bugs that have been there since the beginning of the game and still are not fixed. And now there are even more bugs, including simulation lag (and I have a current gen i7 so it's not my CPU) which, for someone who has heard the hype, may be really frustrated about.

Edit: I assume that EA was giving away Sims 4 to draw in more players to buy their expansion packs. But a new player is going to see all the bugs and if they're currently playing another iteration, it's likely they'll pass.

Another edit: That people are tearing their hair out over the mods "Don't prep food where you angry poop" and "don't wash dishes where you angry poop" not being updated says there's at least some issues going on there.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I was a late adopter of TS4, only brought on board to try it by the free base game giveaway. I also came late to TS3, which was my real introduction to The Sims, however, and I had a lot invested in that game, in terms not just of Store content and packs, but CC, active households, and builds.

Even when I am not quite as slow to jump in, I generally give games and game content a 6 month lead before I get involved, to avoid the worst bugs.

And, in the case of TS4, while there are a few annoying quirks, I'd say they had achieved that. Certainly, the game is engaging enough that I am spending money on it already, and I intend to continue to. And, where I have issues or suggestions, I'll certainly raise them. Politely. Constructively. With awareness that game developers are people, doing a job as well as they can.

Manners are free, too. May I suggest them as a worthwhile investment?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019

You are hijacking the topic, trying to turn it into a meta-discussion. A person can perfectly well be a long time simmer (they may have started playing in the year 2000, 19 years ago, that’s a long time) without purchasing Sims 4 for their own good reasons. Whether those reasons are plausible to you or just ‘weird’ is irrelevant and not the subject here.

I can confirm the OP has a good point by the way. I did buy the basegame back in 2014 and have a couple of GP’s and EP’s, but it’s the basegame and what the OP describes what’s continuing to be an issue for me: the basegame, the foundation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

It’s 2019 why are people still hung up on the mindset that you must experience Sims 4 to really understand it? Like it’s not that hard to understand why so many players do not like Sims 4. It was designed as an online-multiplayer game and converted to offline-single player at the last minute. Virtually every area of the game is watered down compared to previous installments and that’s kind of obvious, and it’s mostly due to the fact this game was never intended to be what they have been selling it as.

I think it’s weird and uncalled for to judge someone else’s opinion because you don’t agree with it. Quite the high horse you are perched on, and you need to calm down.
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

You are hijacking the topic, trying to turn it into a meta-discussion. A person can perfectly well be a long time simmer (they may have started playing in the year 2000, 19 years ago, that’s a long time) without purchasing Sims 4 for their own good reasons. Whether those reasons are plausible to you or just ‘weird’ is irrelevant and not the subject here.

I can confirm the OP has a good point by the way. I did buy the basegame back in 2014 and have a couple of GP’s and EP’s, but it’s the basegame and what the OP describes what’s continuing to be an issue for me: the basegame, the foundation.

Amen
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member

I can't imagine why. Oh wait, yeah I can.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member

I am exactly the same, I haven't bought anything for 4 for years now, and I refuse to spend another penny until bugs are addressed.

What annoys me is that in some cases you can't question the game or criticise it in any way without being called ungrateful or a hater. Some people treat your comments as if it's a personal attack or something. I've been playing The Sims since its first iteration in 2000 and I desperately want to like 4 like I did the others, but as it stands there's just too many issues. I criticise it because I want it to be better, I want it to be improved.

People saying "be patient" or "no game is bug free" drive me insane. Being patient with 3 got players precisely nowhere as it ended up being ditched in the broken state that it was in. Players seem to think it won't happen with 4, when the same developers abandoned 3. All games have bugs. So? Does that mean they shouldn't be fixed? In all my years playing 2 I only encountered one bug, where bills got stuck in a mailbox, but it was easily fixed with an object cheat.

The way they dish out content when existing content is rushed and damaged stuns me and the only thing that stuns me more is that people keep buying it all up. Every time a new pack or patch is announced I'm immediately filled with dread over the idea of more things being broken.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2019
    All games do have bugs, and because the sims isn't linear and there are an insane amount of command sequences a player can take to find any number of bugs in a game. The trick with bugs is isolating it and that can be tricky seeing as the trail to a bug could be anything from having a full energy bar and petting a dolphin, or maybe you flirted 4 times and then said something friendly and it set off the bug, to well basically anything, but this is the first time the bugs for a sims game have really frustrated me like this. Sim3 - I experience lag, and I experiance bugs, more so now that I have NRAAs installed, sims 2 same thing: I've experienced bugs. But bugs in the previous two games never really bothered me that much. If my game crashed I'd just start it up again. Play for another few hours and rinse repeat if it came to it. If sims 4 crashes I dont bother opening it up again.

I don't know if Sims 4's bug issues are just that much more annoying, or if its the fact that I find the game shallow. But most of the bugs are really annoying to me. Maybe because there is less to do in the game? And most of the interactions you can do in game are buggy?

We should absolutely keep complaining about bug fixes, and voicing what needs to improve in general with the game. If we feel like something could have been done better they need to know, if something is disappointing they need to know about it to improve the game.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I have been playing since 2000. I play a mod free CC free game. I see it for what it really is. The OP is right. The bugs are tiresome and need to be addressed. The plum is just the frustration of that fact.
  • MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    I would say that there needs to be some more people on The Sims team (and maybe higher up) who are committed to delivering a quality gameplay experience for players and, ensuring that months after releasing an expansion, even the most diehard critics can't find fault with the timely way the team has addressed any bugs that make it past quality control.

From a purely fiscal perspective though, a high-quality product can far outsell a low-quality product. That's why there are games on Steam that rarely or never go on sale and are still making bank for their developer.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member

I agree. If you've played it and don't like it , after giving it a try. Fine. But to hate it when you yourself havent dabbled in it, is just strange.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cuss filter. As for the gameplay issue, Sims don't sit on the furniture they're intented to sit on (dining chairs). They eat sitting on their beds. It's well known bug by the name "musical chairs" and have been reported hundred of times.

It's still a very strange bug this one indeed. I really wonder on what basis the game decides where the sims will factually sit down to eat. I've noticed that putting the bare minimum in bedrooms (i.e. beds, and nothing else) and having one single dining room far away (but close to wherever they cook), usually ends up with them sitting down to eat at the dining room table together. But if they've got another place where they can sit on a bed or couch while listening to or watching anything, they'll probably do that. I must admit that although I like this game, the sims getting up in the middle of their plum dinner to hug each other is still one of the most annoying things in any sims game ever. And I guess it sorta relates to this bug as well, but how, idk.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I honestly don't think the sims not sitting together at dinner is a genuine bug: it's the natural consequence of the programming allowing multi-tasking (they tend to move seats to get closer to someone they're talking to?), maybe a randomizer--I think that because it's been like this since the start, & it's never gotten better. If it were something they could or wanted to change, surely they'd have done it by now?

Regarding free speech: whenever threads start emphasizing discussions as to who's allowed to voice what opinion, & whether or not those opinions are expressed politely, or are justified, etc., they tend to devolve and then get shut down by mods.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i think some need to realise that no matter what game is played on pc or console eather that game is the sims4 or the old kingquest game now on steam no games are 100% bug free or perfectand i am saying this as a player of the sims since sims1
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited June 2019

I agree. If you've played it and don't like it , after giving it a try. Fine. But to hate it when you yourself havent dabbled in it, is just strange.

SOMEONE who gets it. Amen indeed. Thanks.

Also, not trying to "hi-jack" a discussion, but I forgot how much people just like to complain unproductively, it really brings y'all together so I will kindly step back and let you take it away, and remember why I left the forums in the first place! Buh bye, now.

It's not about not being allowed to have an opinion and it's hilarious to me that y'all keep going there. It's stupid however that you would encourage players to have opinions about things they haven't even tried, instead of encouraging them to play it and decide for themselves. It makes sense threads get shut down because things are just backwards around here apparently. Lastly, if you cannot see how a player who has never played a game starts making complaining posts about the game just to garner more negative discussion about a game people apparently all LOVE to hate...I mean it's all so twisted and I guess y'all have a found a simbiotic relationship...pun intended.