Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think my mermaid is missing something?

xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
So, I made a Sim with the intention of making her a mermaid. I find some of the kelp almost immediately, she eats it, and then gets in the ocean. She's a mermaid! Only problem is something seems to be missing. I can't really put my finger on it though. Any ideas?
dXSBdwV.png

PS. I put it under spoiler just to be on the safe side cause it is a bit scary lol
tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
I do not own the above gif.

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    That's terrifying :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    That's terrifying :#

It's only when she's in mermaid form but yeah. You can imagine my reaction when it first happened :s
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yeees....happened to mine too, when I had him eat the kelp and turn. It is the stuff of nightmares :#

Check your CC, I've read especially eyelashes can cause that problem. I'm sure more mods/cas-CC can cause trouble too, if not updated
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I saw the same thing in a different thread today. Op had broken CC, I can't remember what it was exactly.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I ended up bringing her into CAS. I had a face texture on her but I'm not sure that was the problem. I removed EVERYTHING and it stayed that way. Found out the only way I could bring her face back was if I reset her mermaid face to one of the presets, it went away and looked normal. I then Redesigned her to look like her human face, re-applied the CC skin textures same as it was before, and it still looked normal.

It's like the conversion TS4 does to convert the human face to the mermaid one is faulty.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    yeah it's been the lashes for the people i've seen with the issue
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    on the bright side she's got a lovely smile
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Its the No EA Eyelashes mod
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simsandra wrote: »
    Its the No EA Eyelashes mod

^ This is what it was for me. Sims 4 Studios recently updated for IL so I added the mermaid tag for this mod myself. Pretty sure this is the fix because it fixed it for me. If you just want to download it already fixed, someone has uploaded a hotfix for it until the creator updates it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    That is what happened to me, with and without CC mine still had no face; that was until I took an older save of her from the gallery and changed her into a mermaid then re-applied all the CC I had back on her, mine was just a corrupted gallery save of her.
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The No EA Eyelash mod has always done this in my game. It has never worked for me. But as long as I can use those amazing 3D eyelashes of hers, I'll be happy. :)