Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• KasuRequiemKasuRequiem Posts: 2 New Member
    Do you plan on continued development of the tool?
    Perhaps adding a section for bonuses and special event texts would be amazing~
    Great work as it stands though!
  • CordeliaRoseCordeliaRose Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi @Neia! Just been working with the tool and I've noticed that the ideal emotion part doesn't seem to be working. Nothing shows up in the game when you click on the careers tab - just thought I'd let you know!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Hi @Neia! Just been working with the tool and I've noticed that the ideal emotion part doesn't seem to be working. Nothing shows up in the game when you click on the careers tab - just thought I'd let you know!

I do not yet have this mod (yet) and the 'ideal emotion' is missing from my careers too. Just wanted to let you know, its not because of this mod. Something about the game itself is different/broke.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Rawla wrote: »

I do not yet have this mod (yet) and the 'ideal emotion' is missing from my careers too. Just wanted to let you know, its not because of this mod. Something about the game itself is different/broke.

Ideal moods for non-active careers were officially removed by the developers some time ago.
  • samanthaksamanthak Posts: 1 New Member
    When I found out about this tool I was so happy since there are a lot of careers I have found for the Sims 3 but not 4. Well, I made a career, followed all of the instructions and got the files I needed, but for some reason every time I add it to my mods folder and load up the game the text isn't there? Am I doing something wrong? Like it shows the hourly pay and days of work but not my icons or text. I've tried this 5 or 6 times and still no luck :(
  • JussMeeJussMee Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm trying to add an icon and picture to one of the branches of my career and when I save it, it creates a copy of the branch. The only way to get rid of the duplicate branch is to delete the picture and/or icon. I tried it on my other WIP career and didn't do it. I also deleted the branch, input all the info for each promotion, and uploaded the pic and icon, and it did it again. I also have all my text written out as well. Do you think it's because the career files have become corrupted some how? Is it because of the text? I'm not sure what's going on here, anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to delete the branch permanently. :(
  • raze55raze55 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a really big issue I can't register to your site to make a career (used both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers)
  • KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    im having a real issue. everything in game works. i did a career with 4 branches. the first thing that pops up when you first get the career, the title is blank?! but its showing 15$ and hour and objectivs. ive triple checked everything and its stll blank. and there is no reason it should be. but when promoted its not blank and everything works fine.
    Rawla wrote: »

i too am missing hte ideal emotions
    are you gonna update the tool now since the patch broke it
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Dear Neia,

I know you have maaany Mods to repair now. But just one request: Could you please update the career tool first? It's just, I cannot play any more because there are no jobs left my sims could do. Sorry to bother you.
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    My question is, will this mod ever be updated to include the skills that came with get famous, strangerville, and others? I really like to use the acting skill for my acting rabbit hole career.
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Thank you, dear Neia, for updating!!! :smiley:
  • IzaralliaIzarallia Posts: 13 New Member
    Is there a way to make your Sim go to work in a uniform? I used the "sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas" cheat to set a work outfit, but they don't change into it when they are going to work.
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Izarallia said:
    > Is there a way to make your Sim go to work in a uniform? I used the "sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas" cheat to set a work outfit, but they don't change into it when they are going to work.

mccc has an option the change work outfit. I also just saw a mod for changing the work outfit on MTS.
  • Crystalline17Crystalline17 Posts: 1 New Member
    So, uhh, I messed up. Hopefully someone can help, haha.

Midway through designing my career, I decided to delete one of the career levels. All seemed fine, until I went to write the text portion and noticed that, for one of my added tracks, instead of displaying levels 1-6, it was displayed as 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6. Uh oh. I can't find a way to change this.
    When I tried to test in-game, sims were not correctly promoted.

I also deleted the third level from my main track, leaving only two levels. For some reason, when I get hired for the job in the game, I start at level 2 instead of level 1.

It's all quite confusing. Can anyone show me how to reorganize the levels and prevent these errors?
  • roysu_roysu_ Posts: 28 Member
    You still looking for testers?
  • JuleK89JuleK89 Posts: 3 New Member
    @Neia Since the updated for 1.51.75.1020 (April patch) i can't see more than one skill needed for promotion where there should be two or more.
    i exported my old careers again and made some new since than but still no more than one skill from job lvl 1 to 10.

hope you can fix that :)
  • sarahellenvsarahellenv Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there! Absolutely love your custom careers and the creator tool! I just made a custom "retail" career more based on a job I recently left IRL for my Simself to play out in her story. Everything works great, she gets promoted, gets paid properly, objectives are showing and registering when completed, the icon for the career itself is showing!

Only issue is none of the text is showing up for the name of the career or the level titles. Not a huge deal honestly, she still gets paid which is the important part and I figure its only because of the most recent game update that it currently is not working but just wanted to let ya know!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Will careers need to be re-updated or are they fine? Anyone know? @Neia

@midnitetech says that her careers work except for paid time off. There's probably an update needed for that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I've downloaded the patch but I haven't got the time to check for updates yet. :)
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I've downloaded the patch but I haven't got the time to check for updates yet. :)

Thank you. Please keep us updated :) Hope you are doing well!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Tool has been updated ! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top