Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Just froze!

My game froze and I had to restart my computer, and yes before I am asked my computer is more than capable of running the Sims 4 with all stuff packs expansion packs and game packs in it. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen to them. It never did this until I installed Island Living. No, I do not have Custom content in the game. Thanks, guys and Happy Simmin :(

Comments

• godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Actually, just happened to me last night and my computer is capable as well. Never happened before and I play the game with no custom content. I am hoping it is not a frequent thing.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I have a gaming rig also well-suited to playing this game. 64-bit, as well as DDR3. I've been freezing periodically lately, but more so since the patch and IL.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I have a gaming rig also well-suited to playing this game. 64-bit, as well as DDR3. I've been freezing periodically lately, but more so since the patch and IL.

That makes me nervous...lol
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Were you in Sulani? Were you in the Lania St Taz area of Sulani?? I found those lots in that area to be very very buggy and I have been avoiding them.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Were you in Sulani? Were you in the Lania St Taz area of Sulani?? I found those lots in that area to be very very buggy and I have been avoiding them.

I was in Sulani, the empty lot in Mua Pel'am. So I'm hoping it isn't a Sulani thing and if it is, I hope it gets fixed. Either way, I hope the Lania St Taz area gets fixed as well. The whole point of this expansion is Sulani and the beach so I am hoping it doesn't become to buggy to even play...
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Mine has been lagging like crazy since I installed island living. I'm worried this is going to be island paraside all over again...
    Mine has been lagging like crazy since I installed island living. I'm worried this is going to be island paraside all over again...

That was my fear as well. Do we know if anyone reported the buggy activity in the Lania St Taz area over at the HQ forum?

I was in Sulani, the empty lot in Mua Pel'am. So I'm hoping it isn't a Sulani thing and if it is, I hope it gets fixed. Either way, I hope the Lania St Taz area gets fixed as well. The whole point of this expansion is Sulani and the beach so I am hoping it doesn't become to buggy to even play...

Ugh I have a family on that lot now. I will let you know if I run into the same problem. I haven't played them yet.

I hope they fix the bugs too. It is very frustrating.

Ugh I have a family on that lot now. I will let you know if I run into the same problem. I haven't played them yet.

I hope they fix the bugs too. It is very frustrating.

Okay thanks! I started there since it came out on Friday and had no issue at all until last night.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope the gurus are reading this thread.
    I hope the gurus are reading this thread.

I looked for a specific bug report on the buggy areas in Island Living and could not find one that addresses it as a whole. I am going to do some more testing so I can formulate one better. Only area they seem to read about bugs so I will see what I come up with.
    I've not noticed any lag in Sulani so far and so far knock on wood my game hasn't frozen or crashed

I am attaching the link to the HQ forum in case anyone is experiencing same issue. I tried the 50x50 lot last night and my sims were not responding and were frozen in place.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Problem-in-Lani-St-Taz-50x50-lot/m-p/7977386#M94649
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I am attaching the link to the HQ forum in case anyone is experiencing same issue. I tried the 50x50 lot last night and my sims were not responding and were frozen in place.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Problem-in-Lani-St-Taz-50x50-lot/m-p/7977386#M94649

Reported :)

I could play normally at Lani St. Taz since IL released. The problems started only today after I edited the smaller beach (the one with the lounge chairs and the fireplace). I can play normally for several sim hours, but then either me or some townie do whatever triggers the freeze.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member

That's now happening to me. Started lagging when I moved to the house in the sea in the St taz area. Now anywhere i move my sims in sulani causes them to sit still and freeze like creepy dolls. Then when they shower they are caught in a loop of dressing and undressing. It's quite unnerving!
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

I started experiencing more freezing after Get Famous and Strangerville. Now, after the patch, I have noticed it happening more frequently during gameplay. My PC is relatively new and meets the requirments too with no mods.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    i have the same problem they freeze at a action they doing. If i goto mangage worlds it completes the action but later freezes again
    Yeah that area is a mess..I me too'd the report
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    The lot is back to normal for me. After I read in another thread that probably pool floaties used by sims are causing the freeze, I removed them from the beach and could play normally.
    The floaties work fine on residential lots, just not at that particular beach. So does that mean the lot is corrupted or the floaties are faulty?
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    What I'm getting is looped stuck actions usually involved in some way with a toddler. For example when I tried to cancel a game generated toddler pick up set to follow from a shower of the mom, she kept getting in and out of the shower until I exited using manage worlds.
    I have to shift rt click to reset them constantly. I have decided not to play families with toddlers because it is driving me crazy.
    edited June 2019
    I'm getting worried that this will carry over to consoles. I hope they find a fix for it. Bugs that are on PC get Ported over to the consoles.
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    I've had the freezing problem too. But I found a weird solution. As soon as I ctrl+alt+del to access task manager, the game starts moving again.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    What I'm getting is looped stuck actions usually involved in some way with a toddler. For example when I tried to cancel a game generated toddler pick up set to follow from a shower of the mom, she kept getting in and out of the shower until I exited using manage worlds.
    I’m getting this as well, but mine is happening on other lots now too. My Sims just kept getting in and out of the shower in granite falls (they live in Sulani). Oddly enough their shower works fine back at home. I have also had the game freeze, then I get a pop up from windows saying “the Sims 4 is not responding”, but it suddenly unfreezes and works fine again after a few minutes (this has happened twice since IL).
    I am glad others are reporting on this. I sent SimGuruNick my save file as requested. If anyone else wants to send him their save file, he listed instructions in the bug report. The link is in my other thread. Hope this gets fixed :#