Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What in the world is this nonsense? (photo)

My sim got a call from someone who likes her and wanted to go out to dinner to get to know each other. While they were eating this guy just walks up to the table and takes the food, and starts eating it. When did this nonsense start? Before anyone asks, I don't have any mods or CC, took those out, and cleared my cache files before the latest patch.

65162166_1301891243294501_3848032934753730560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQn6ZYBUatRsVRyAi-4-UaYhAp8CX0uKxhLT_aKMhhHJW56xRBB0N1aTTqiS9xZwbacHpK5u9w_mx1bOGVFys_Bb&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ae77b4c94dbc67cee833cacc054df6bb&oe=5D811D3C

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Welcome to the latest patch. :D
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Yeah, this new patch really stinks!
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Whenever a new patch is coming up, an unbearable sense of dread rises in my soul.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I had this happen just today. I get excited for new patches and dread them at the same time. I am never sure what the outcome is going to be.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Par for the course where incompetence reigns supreme. How long would auto makers last if an improvement to an engine caused your brakes to wear out faster, or make it impossible to make a left turn? Be grateful if that's the only thing that's gone pooey in your game. You better check your lots to make sure they are what you want them to be.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    Happened to my sim yestersay as well. Her and her new boyfriend were eating pancakes, but she wanted to drink her water. Then out of nowhere some vampire sim swipes her plate for herself. Needless to say, she met a fiery death out in the sun that same morning.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yup, it happened with the latest patch. lol It's like you have to guard your sims food. If I remember correctly, didn't something similar happen in Sims 2? Sims swiping your sim's meal like vultures!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    99 bugs to boggle the code. 99 bugs to go. Take one down, squashed to the ground. 101 bugs in the code.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yup, it happened with the latest patch. lol It's like you have to guard your sims food. If I remember correctly, didn't something similar happen in Sims 2? Sims swiping your sim's meal like vultures!

They did, especially when my sim(s) went on vacation, I almost forgot about that one, almost. lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Par for the course where incompetence reigns supreme. How long would auto makers last if an improvement to an engine caused your brakes to wear out faster, or make it impossible to make a left turn? Be grateful if that's the only thing that's gone pooey in your game. You better check your lots to make sure they are what you want them to be.

Actually cars have their share of deadly problems. At least a Sims game has never killed anybody but many car defects have. Oddly people still buy cars. I would be more leary of a car than a game bug by far.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    My sim got a call from someone who likes her and wanted to go out to dinner to get to know each other. While they were eating this guy just walks up to the table and takes the food, and starts eating it. When did this nonsense start? Before anyone asks, I don't have any mods or CC, took those out, and cleared my cache files before the latest patch.

65162166_1301891243294501_3848032934753730560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQn6ZYBUatRsVRyAi-4-UaYhAp8CX0uKxhLT_aKMhhHJW56xRBB0N1aTTqiS9xZwbacHpK5u9w_mx1bOGVFys_Bb&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ae77b4c94dbc67cee833cacc054df6bb&oe=5D811D3C

Here you go! There's an AHQ thread on this issue already. :)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Sims-Taking-Other-Diner-s-Food/td-p/7956548
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Everybody " me too" this, please!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    I haven't noticed this bug. But the other day I had a couple to go dinner and when we arrived at the restaurant and were about to sit down the NPC sim who invited her whips out a bowl of cereal and starts wolfing it down.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

They did, especially when my sim(s) went on vacation, I almost forgot about that one, almost. lol

Ah the memories. lol Hopefully this will be fixed soon!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have actually been having this issue the last 2 days, I am not sure that it happened when I had them eating on the Island ( will have to check again) but it definitely happened at the restaurant I have in Willow Creek. Paying for food that your sims do not even get to eat. I had a party full of 8 sims, all of them got their food stolen.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I don't have this issue but I guess that's due to my restaurantsittweak mod.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    Everybody " me too" this, please!

If I encounter the bug, I will. But I am pretty strict about only "me too"ing when it has, in fact, happened to me, and I don't have restaurant content yet.

I do hope for a quick fix for those affected.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    He is hungry, leave him alone! :D
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I just had that happened I banished the sim from existence...lol

I hit me too though. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

@LaBlue0314

I first noticed this glitch quite early on after installing the new world when I added a restaurant to the world then a further issue developed which was food stalls not opening because the NPC's would stand a little way from the stalls for hours never actually opening them and then I got that old glitch where my sims put the food they have cooked straight into their inventories and on some community lots the barbecue cooking (despite which barbecue I use) is a one in 3 chance whether my sims will actually get any food at the end of the animation.. such fun and so predictable :)

Hi @83bienchen

I am adding my mods back slowly because everytime I i open the game to play it seems like there is another bug/glitch occurring which is really frustrating including this one which EA have apparently recognised as a bug right now however I must go look for your mod you mention in the hope it makes a positive difference in solving the glitch. I also just wanted to add that I hope you are feeling better and wanted to thank you for your updates on the broken mod thread even when you were feeling under the weather which it is much appreciated but I am sure we could have all waited a little longer if necessary so you could make sure you really were feeling much better. Thank you for everything you do for the 4 community :)

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Ya noticed this too taking someone else food lol was funny but huh? they're just eating it costumer getting bit p'd but they got food back like that was bit rude.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Sims bugs are like Hydra. XD Cut one head off, two more will show up. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @JACKIEJOY - :lol::love: those lyrics! if it isn't against forum rules, that'd make a funny signature! However...might also cause you grief, & I wouldn't wish that on you. Thanks for the laugh, at least! :grin:
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I actually stole it from an IT dude. I first heard it back when the I-4 phone came out. I don't think I got it exactly right but maybe a guru or tech savvie type knows it.