Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Pride: Celebrating LGBTQ+ Characters and Stories in Simlit (SIMS PRIDE IS ONLINE 6/29)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Do I post my submissions here or do something else?

Really cool bios @Bugsie2016 and yes you can post submissions here. :)
    At least that's what it says on the front page.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    sorry I'm late! There is no limit!!

No need to be sorry! I'll be submitting a few sims soon
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m so glad this exists! Will hopefully add in some of mine soon.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I've DM'ed you since I wasn't sure if we could post them in the thread or not :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @citysimmer: I prefer DMs so thanks (not angry at all to anyone who posted on the thread, I should have been clearer and I don't care THAT much)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    TeHejwN.png

I promise this is the only time I use my personal life for emotional leverage but it's been a rough week. :-\ THAT BEING SAID-

@Ashubii: as if I would ignore my own flesh and blood Dahlia? Never <3

@GGgkkg: I don't think I could do this without the Sims always having a way of producing a few gay sims every now and again. It's always been a part of the game and will never go away. Love your sims!

@citysimmer: sorry I'm late! There is no limit!!

@greenXen: aww I'm having a fangirl moment here, I've always loved your gallery families. I opened up submissions on Tumblr and got sims who weren't necessarily part of stories and honestly, it's just really cool to see other things people do. And writing gallery bios? It's writing ;)

Lol, fangirling? Thanks! I didn't know anyone was reading. There's so much great stuff going on in the Community it's hard to keep track of it all.

I'm sorry for not DM'ing you. (I removed the images. Everything is still in The Gallery.)

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Happy #PrideMonth!

edited June 2019
    Story Spotlight 6/5/2019

Look forward to this every Wednesday (if possible lol). ;)

Anyways our first spotlight is for @Bugsie2016's Life's Lessons and specifically Dani. Check out the spotlight and discuss the story! Also welcome to my new blog.
    Post edited by InfraGreen on

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Story Spotlight 6/12/2019

Now this is one I was excited about. I talk a little about Neighbourhood Talk by @candycottonchu. Also if you are not following her Tumblr you are missing out and mostly on incredible CC.

Remember that I am still taking spotlight nominees!

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @InfraGreen You are doing such a great work here. I can't wait to read more spotlights and meet more characters. Thank you for doing this. It is really appreciated. <3
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @InfraGreen i kinda missed out on this thread :o you're doing great work here, collecting and displaying all those stories! I am impressed.

also thank you for the mention, I've seriously not expected that since I didn't really deliver anything to you, even less such a nice summary (with even one of the best screenshots ever) <3
    @Maladi777: thank you so much! It was scary at first to take this up but it's nice when my posts get finished. :)

@candycottonchu: and we're not talking about proud Franny in your avatar? omg

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @InfraGreen pink suits him occasionally ;)
    tumblr_pt68v5oiX51wkuvbxo1_1280.png

You heard me right! Thanks to TS4's new Pride game patch (though this event is for any and all games) and some IRL happenings that most of you know about already, you have until June 19th to submit sims.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Just so you know:

Last week's Story Spotlight is scheduled for Monday. I'll try to still get this week's out in time (it's an easier one for me thank god) but you know...stuff happened.

Sims Pride is being prepped but if you truly have any last minute submissions, go for it fam.

I was going to get a picture of my puppy with my Pride bandana from last year but he had a rough enough day without a photo shoot. Just remember that all dogs are amazing allies, their hearts are full of enough love for it!

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    GGgkkg wrote: »
    Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but does anyone else find that sometimes a sim just "turns out" LGBTQ+ without you making them that way? I've had tons of sims who I either figured I'd make straight or just not have in a relationship, but the plot just shifts somehow, usually when I just happen to think two sims look cute together.

Take my two sims Anya and Keisha for example. I made them each with specific storylines in mind and hadn't even considered the possibility of either of them being with another woman, and yet...

jTFdSFJ.jpg
    GQq2GTp.jpg

That's why I love making stories with my sims, things have a funny way of working out in ways you didn't see coming :)

9FyVtMs.jpg

That's what happened with my one of my sims mother's in an older game. So they are based of characters I made and a story I was sort of writing outside of Sims and in the story, their father dies/goes missing (the mother also dies; but a little bit later. It is tied into this big medical/detective mystery and the two children take different paths in life as the result) and later in the game, my sims mom, before she died, seemed to like this one lady and ended up getting a relationship with her. I hadn't planned out any relationships for her, so it just sort of happened.
    Story Spotlight 6/24

Sorry for the delay! Up last this week is The Diversity Club by @LyricSimsz15.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Story Spotlight 6/24

Oh my gosh. This was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to! :lol:
    I really didn't expect to get featured, or that anyone would submit my story for that matter. I kind of felt like my story would be considered too dark to fit this (even though it doesn't seem like there's any rule about that, my story is still really dark so i couldn't help but worry :P)
    But really, thank you for the feature! :smiley:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Story Spotlight 6/24

I really didn't expect to get featured, or that anyone would submit my story for that matter. I kind of felt like my story would be considered too dark to fit this (even though it doesn't seem like there's any rule about that, my story is still really dark so i couldn't help but worry :P)

So happy this is featured! I've been meaning to check it out and now I'm so happy that I have!

Just read the chapter "Uncalled Accident" and I'm really impressed with the way you're portraying mental illness. I have several friends who sometimes experience suicidal ideation, and reading this chapter gave me hope that it's possible to offer meaningful support . I really like Cy!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Story Spotlight 6/24

So happy this is featured! I've been meaning to check it out and now I'm so happy that I have!

Just read the chapter "Uncalled Accident" and I'm really impressed with the way you're portraying mental illness. I have several friends who sometimes experience suicidal ideation, and reading this chapter gave me hope that it's possible to offer meaningful support . I really like Cy!

Thank you! And yeah, mental health representation is a really important thing to me. Especially representing recovery from it. Some of the mental health problems i write about is stuff i struggle with myself, and while i haven't exactly recovered, i do want to portray it, especially for any readers i may have who struggle with similar things to me/the characters.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • friedfrootfriedfroot Posts: 7 New Member
    Added you on Discord!
    @LyricSimsz15: I'm always happy to surprise. ;) You earned it!

@CathyTea: I like Cy too, even if I don't give second chances that easily. :p
    friedfroot wrote: »
    Added you on Discord!

Ah okay! Glad to know who that was. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I think i submitted through wp, but idk if you got it :disappointed:

Anyway its ok. One of my characters came out as ace in the latest chapter but i went on hiatus. I should probably flesh it out a bit more and maybe get featured next year :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    I think i submitted through wp, but idk if you got it :disappointed:

Anyway its ok. One of my characters came out as ace in the latest chapter but i went on hiatus. I should probably flesh it out a bit more and maybe get featured next year :)

I want your ace character featured! :) And that chapter where he came out, too... it was so well handled, and I was like, "Yes! Representation! And oh, yeah! Now his whole relationship makes so much sense!"

I love that chapter! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I love ya @Acarb90 but can you resubmit by DMing me here instead? Something went wrong and yeah, didn't get it (will definitely just disable that contact form in the future)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I love ya @Acarb90 but can you resubmit by DMing me here instead? Something went wrong and yeah, didn't get it (will definitely just disable that contact form in the future)

Will do later today! :smiley:
    THIRTYT(2).png