Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Premade Appreciation

I've played all the premades for a few sim days at least. I'm really enjoying their stories. Usually I make my own but mostly because I wanted to experience Sulani in different ways faster so I decided to go this route and very happy I did. It makes me want to play more premades from the past also :) but that's for later.

I was wondering what everyone is doing with the Island Living premades if they are playing with them.

Anyway some pictures for mine will be posted below and would love to see what others are doing with the island premades and what they think of their backstories including the mermaids.

egTcBMc.png

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2019
    My favorite household so far is the Hoapili family which includes Keala and her granddaughter Lia. I'm really taken with the idea of communing with the spirits in this pack and being part of the culture in this pack. I'm following their beginning story line. I've never really played an elder for long but love Keala in general. She's hotheaded, erratic, and a child of the islands. I also don't play or make trangender people that have any sticking power for me. I'm seeing Lia mostly as Two- Spirit. She's gloomy, perfectionist and a bookworm. She has a job in the writing career and it definitely fits.

Here they both are with the spirits:
    gLSPb32.png
    RjaANRz.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited June 2019
    Although he lived with the Kealoha family, my first sim to meet the premades stayed distant to them. I was too focused on trying out the new activities. But at least Eldigan learned fishing from Duane. Or rather, he learned that he isn't cut out to be a fisherman:
    https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post/185737859463/my-host-family-fosters-a-teen-by-name-of-duane

Things were going better with Lia. Too easy, actually, because the celebrity introduction filled their friendship bar halfway. Eldigan is now living with the village elder and will marry Lia soon.
    https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post/185740156833/paying-respect-to-the-village-elder-and-a-perhaps
    https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post/185754482923/after-finishing-my-assignment-i-returned-to
    https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post/185754585983/lia-a-ring-you-mark-your-partners-with-rings-in

Nalani stalks my vacationer household. She sits down with them at the beach bar and later they caught her fishing close to their home.
    Love Lia's story especially @EnkiSchmidt. I'm really taken with Duane also and thinking of moving him out on his own while still a teenager.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Love Lia's story especially @EnkiSchmidt. I'm really taken with Duane also and thinking of moving him out on his own while still a teenager.

That would probably be for the best. With a toddler in the house they way too easily became the focus of attention. On his own Duane would get more spotlight.

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I haven't had time to play Island Living that much since CTR Nitro Fueled came out on same day.
    But I gave the premades a little touch up at first and styled them better. Next I'm gonna redo/refurbish their houses.
    But they seem really cool and I like their stories a lot! Kahananui needs a better home to make them look like they have a lot of money, Ngata family is so cute! Too bad that Duane might be stealing Leila away.. Idk how the stories will go :smiley:
    I can't wait to play more
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

As usual, after exploring the island a bit, I went on to evict all the premades and kept on ignoring them since I only play my own sims, but then I saw Makoa Kehaloa and decided I had to keep him, he is so cute! And I had the perfect sim for him. So I took his household into CAS deleted his wife and toddler and gave him a makeover (also, toned down his muscles). I decided to keep the teen that was living there too and gave him a sister.
    So now Makoa lives with my Maori Sisters household and is the boyfriend of the eldest sister, Aroha.
    11izsit.png

And the Talla teens (even though they don't like each other very much for now) live together in a tiny house in the main island
    15phidh.png
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited June 2019
    My Alika Kahananui lost his job. He reported money thief in the business. He's a hero, but unemployed.

QSyyaj1.png

"Everything is under control!"

Yes, he needs two drinks to cope. But nothing nectar can't cure.

BVt6XSL.png

His wife is not too worried about it...

d746Z0j.png

...and plans to open a traditional island restaurant.

POhvM9R.png

I love that shot of her by the way. ;P

5jOmWEZ.png
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    In mine my sim is a 3 star celebrity now, she started with no fame but she became instant friends with the Kealoha family. After Maoka ( I think I spelled his name right) started telling her about conservation she started looking into more she could do, she became a mermaid, and has a club with her closest friends and Maoka is one, after she was hanging at their home (at this point she has a stan) she had cooked a meal to share with them, her stan (Marcus Flex this time) actually came in their home she was visiting and started flirting with her friends wife. I have MCCC so it when Maoka came in and slapped her he also got divorce. My SIM instantly got a message that things were over with his wife and that she and him should go out sometime so he could forget it. I knew he was always where she was and hanging out a lot but he never did anything inappropriate and a day later they're club is hanging together at a party (she brought them with her) and he hit on her, needless to say she obviously liked him which I kinda thought tho she'd never even said anything of it and after they had a small pink bar she wanted him to be her boyfriend. Kinda a drama filled story considering it was just gonna be my test game trying out all Island stuff. She's best friends with him, and she hangs out with Nalani a lot too.
    As usual, after exploring the island a bit, I went on to evict all the premades and kept on ignoring them since I only play my own sims, but then I saw Makoa Kehaloa and decided I had to keep him, he is so cute! And I had the perfect sim for him. So I took his household into CAS deleted his wife and toddler and gave him a makeover (also, toned down his muscles). I decided to keep the teen that was living there too and gave him a sister.
    So now Makoa lives with my Maori Sisters household and is the boyfriend of the eldest sister, Aroha.
    11izsit.png

And the Talla teens (even though they don't like each other very much for now) live together in a tiny house in the main island
    15phidh.png

I'm actually happy my SIM ended up with him too, he's such a cutie. He just got divorced via MCCC in mine and is now dating my mermaid
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I don’t understand how Maxis can make such a cutie named Makoa, and not only make him married, but a father as well? No thank you. That wife has to go :weary:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ha ha :)

I did a little bit of CAS-magic. Did you know he has a twin? He does now, with traits that work far better with my sim.

There has been a few other spouses gone missing in my saves earlier but there was zero chemistry between the original and my sim so it was time to get creative.
    edited June 2019
    My sim that married Maoka just had a baby with him, Nani wasn't happy at first but I'd notice when the baby would cry she'd try to go talk to it before anyone could get to it, and I raised the new baby Mua'lani into toddler and just found out they are expecting again! As soon as the baby popped out Maoka was constantly getting wishes to try for baby, my MCCC says it's another girl, but I want to try to influence a boy, wander if that's what he's waiting for is a boy, maybe then he will stop trying to want a million kids lol. He's great tho, even tho he doesn't have family trait, just the aspiration, he sure gets most whims about his wife and kids, it's so sweet. Found out the new one thats a toddler did inherit the mermaid trait from her mom, when I went in to fix her clothes, she's so cute!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've been playing the Kealoha family a bit, not many pictures yet, but I do have one of Lilli. She's been hard at work getting into shape, and it really has paid off :)

NG7hMkP.png

Nani grew up to child, and she is so cute :) BUT it shows that she's had good food to eat, with both Winterfest and New Years lately :D Still adorable, though.

Duane is doing great in school, and is just about ready to start his young adult life :) I'll probly just move him out in the near future.

Haven't done much with Makoa, really. He's being is adorable self, swimming and skilling for his job. I just send him to rabbithole-work for now, with a day once in a while working from home. He's also been promoted a couple of times.

I did expand their house, adding a second floor so all the bedrooms, except Nani's, are upstairs. I'm just unable to play "small" houses, and usually, the Maxis pre-built houses have terrible layout/placement of furniture. I kept it pretty simple, just how I like it :)

Z0OxUAo.png
  • sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    I only play with the pre-mades sims, rotationally, I haven't had a chance to play the Island Living families yet but looking forward to playing them and deciding if I bring them into the blog or not as I already have a lot of families to play!
    hqEK2sI.png

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2019
    11izsit.png

15phidh.png

I'm not sure who's worse here...

You deciding you want to keep Makoa by deleting his entire family.

Or me deciding to keep Makoa by lulling him in with a few mermaid songs, having him divorce his wife and moving him out of the house to live with his new mermaid wife and her daughter?

Although, in our defence, Makoa was definitely creeping on the mermaid before all this went down - and I heard he did so in other people's games as well so... Fair game?

I really liked Keala but she died. So now Frederic lives in their home. I also like Makoa's ex, kid and that teen he isn't technically related to.

Actually a lot of the IL premades are super well done!!
    edited July 2019
    Lol ... mine was just a test of mermaids but I was trying to lure/kill Makoa with two siren sisters. It was his fault, he ran right up to them!
    I guess I can put this here since it involved a premade. He did get away... back to his family.
    Run, run back home! Hope he learned his lesson! I do agree he is really cute and so worthy of stealing away.
    I took so many pictures but will try to cut it down... lol I made the mermaids skinny dip so we got a blur here..
    xtr0hDJ.png
    wPSeIqF.png
    Ki02Qt2.png
    XqwNUTE.png
    3UEn5F5.png
    CM4BCZQ.png

egTcBMc.png