Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed about lounge chairs

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Also by looking at the videos, it seems that doesnt matter what mood your sims were they will all have the same face reactions when lounging? as if they are in a bad mood or something.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Honestly as a player i think we should all be grateful for free content or other wise you would have to buy the ep to get the content if it was not for the game patch, so i see no reason to complain and as a player even if i do not like most of the content thats been patch in i am grateful for free content thats patch in the game and whats great about lounge chairs you can put some by the pool or on your private beaches if you own island living.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I think most of you are missing the discussion point here. The lounge chair was promised not to be released until it was “multitask“ funktional. After 5 years of waiting getting such a lounge chair (free or not) is very disappointing. The Sim doesn‘t even look comfortable on there. Why isn‘t there a neck protection for the Sim to lean the head back an look more comfortable? That‘s the least I expect from a comfortable lounge chair.

I agree with you on that, and I am sorry this is the trend now as some of the content that are not free are half baked and some still accept it. I could have overlooked the cheapness of the lounge chair but they could have kept whatever promise they made and not something half baked and think the whole Sims community will overlook it as some do pertaining to the work in Sims 4 and I am not going to sugarcoat it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yikes. I haven't even played with the new patch yet and I already feel annoyed...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    Keep in mind the lounge chair is in the basegame, Maxis can still update it later.

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    For people who claim patches as free, I don't know about you but I feel like the amount of money that I paid in 2014 already covers all the "free" patches!
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Keep in mind the lounge chair is in the basegame, Maxis can still update it later.

This kinda sounds like "Let's launch a AAA Game and just fix it later"
    y'all got bread?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright let's cool it a bit in here, it's veering from constructive criticism and feedback into bickering and dev bashing. I've removed some comments in here, so keep it constructive and polite.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    It’s the same with laptops they are still using the mouse you can’t use them outside the limits of a lot they can’t use them on the ground wich i honestly didn’t even expect but the wordt and weirdest thing is they can’t even close them?? Like what whyyy
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Also by looking at the videos, it seems that doesnt matter what mood your sims were they will all have the same face reactions when lounging? as if they are in a bad mood or something.

I don't think that is in direct relationship to the chair. Many times in TS4 the face didn't match the moodlet. Supposed to be sad someone just died and dang if they aren't standing there grinning from ear to ear. Supposed to be upset by cheating and dang they are standing there smiling and joking with both cheaters. lol Supposed to have an angry face, and still smiling. I guess their necks are hurting in that chair, and making them look cranky.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Seems just like the ones from Sims2 - It's a lounge chair for crying out loud. Sit by the pool chair. What do you want a lounge pool chair to do. Really?

Because it's more of the same old business with The Sims Studio.

Delay/take a long time with the intent of actually upgrading, then give up and release it half-baked.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Probably not finished it properly but thought they ought to add it now because (I hope) Magic Realm will be truly 64bit and it will go in the Legacy Game. This might be wishful thinking on my part but those free ones look too uncomfortable to lie on anyway. No cushions!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Probably not finished it properly but thought they ought to add it now because (I hope) Magic Realm will be truly 64bit and it will go in the Legacy Game. This might be wishful thinking on my part but those free ones look too uncomfortable to lie on anyway. No cushions!

I'm not going to even get my hopes up for Magic Realm. I don't want to feel disappointed again. :(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Seems just like the ones from Sims2 - It's a lounge chair for crying out loud. Sit by the pool chair. What do you want a lounge pool chair to do. Really?
    I don't know the lounge chairs in Sims 2, the Sims 3 version is quite lame in my opinion. This is Sims 4 and apparently they promised they wanted to do them properly this time around? A sim hanging in a lounge chair doing nothing is not my idea of properly, sims usually can do a lot more sitting in/on a chair. Why not sitting in a lounge chair? What do I want a lounge chair to do? Well:

amazon-outdoor-lounge-chairs-1552926195.jpg?crop=0.502xw:1.00xh;0.250xw,0&resize=480:*

tourist-eyeglasses-hanging-out-pool-lounge-chair-texting-chatting-sitting-onlive-cellphone-casual-guy-129306651.jpg

aulani-waikolohe-pool-couple-lounge-chairs-g.jpg

939734.jpg

74694748-senior-woman-using-laptop-on-lounge-chair-at-poolside.jpg

That's just interactions that I'd expect.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I didn't even test if they could talk on lounge chairs because it never occurred to me this could be left out. Multi tasking is one of the best aspects of the sims 4 but sims can't even talk to each other while lounging? What is the point of lounging if you always have to do it completely on your own without any contact to other sims. And reading a book while lounging would be great. Next time I play the game I have to test if they can at least listen to music while lounging.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I didn't even test if they could talk on lounge chairs because it never occurred to me this could be left out. Multi tasking is one of the best aspects of the sims 4 but sims can't even talk to each other while lounging? What is the point of lounging if you always have to do it completely on your own without any contact to other sims. And reading a book while lounging would be great. Next time I play the game I have to test if they can at least listen to music while lounging.

I think for any interaction other than drinking a drink they default to the regular seated position sitting on the side of it like a chair instead of the lounged position on the lounger. Going off of what the studio told us we had every reason to expect them to work completely with multitasking, but they didn’t hold up their end of the bargain.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

74694748-senior-woman-using-laptop-on-lounge-chair-at-poolside.jpg

That's just interactions that I'd expect.

OH THIS IMAGE... Literally something that will not happen since not only the lauge chairs are terrible in The Sims 4, the laptops are even worst!

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Just tested and the sims are apparently unable to listen to music and lounge at the same time.

I know this is a free object but I expected a bit more from it. It makes no sense to create a seating object and not bother to make it compatible with multitasking, one of the few improvements sims 4 made to the series.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hmmm - looks like lounge chairs came with the new ep - not base game. I'll look again but lounge chairs is listed under Island Living content in the pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    With the pride update, the base game got a grand total of 1 Lounge chair. It looks like a cheap plastic one. I think you get two more with IL
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »
    With the pride update, the base game got a grand total of 1 Lounge chair. It looks like a cheap plastic one. I think you get two more with IL

Ah okay - but I believe they used the one designed for the ep to make the freebie instead of the other way around. Which would account for it behaving the same as the island ones. It would need a new design perhaps not related to the ep in order to be different and be usable as a design choice. Programming does not really give is the choice in this case.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I asked Graham about this (and his posts about this topic over on the forums before) but no response (not surprised).

It seems really low effort from their side. The whole multitasking stuff seems like a marketing gimmick now, and nothing more. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in more objects in the future (like they did also in the past) where they don't bother adding multitasking features to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top