Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ROM: 5 Must Have Features!

What 5 features are a must in the new Realm of Magic GP?

What occult(s) do you want to see added?

Do you want it to be a total immersion into “Magic culture” with magic games, music, furnishings, flying, new pets, powers, etc.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Magic must ONLY be learned by witches. Not by everyone. That is the most important thing to me.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Magic must ONLY be learned by witches. Not by everyone. That is the most important thing to me.

Or it could work like Makin' Magic, where you had to buy a wand to be able to use the spellbook. I liked the fact that some sims countered your spells if they were witches themselves. Besides, TS4 has always added the option to turn sims into occults, and not exclude sims that were made before the pack from being able to turn into vampires, mermaids etc. They always add an option.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

Or it could work like Makin' Magic, where you had to buy a wand to be able to use the spellbook. I liked the fact that some sims countered your spells if they were witches themselves. Besides, TS4 has always added the option to turn sims into occults, and not exclude sims that were made before the pack from being able to turn into vampires, mermaids etc. They always add an option.

I think that witchcraft should either be something handed down, a relic/object found that gives you access, genetic (with a few special cases 😉), be trained by a higher level witch, or all of the above.
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Fairies would be nice if they could add that in the magic realm since witches are not the only ones that use magic.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
    My 5 must have features are:

1. New spells, spell books, training, wands. Enchanted items like amulets. Dark and Light Magic. Good and bad witches. Forbidden spells. Transformation spells for others and yourself. Basically very detailed and thought out magic. I honestly only want this and witches to be focused on.
    2. New pets that could be based off of the hamster in MFP like: toads, spiders, snakes, small mythical creatures. Dragons if they can pull it off.
    3. A world with 12+ lots. New venues related to the realm of Magic. Different neighborhoods like: a bustling town, a fairy village, a swamp for witches or other creatures.
    4. New items for conducting magic or brewing potions. Broom sticks for flying and doing sports, along with cleaning. Witching table for doing enchantments and etc.
    5. Occult’s with different forms not just a Regular looking witch, but different types of witches: an old hag, a young enchantress, a queen of the dark arts, a good bubbly witch, etc.

Another thing I wouldn’t mind if there was a single universal tree of magic that can be shared between: fairies, witches, and other magical occult’s with just a few magic related things to set them apart.

I would love to see fairies so we can maybe have different heights in the sims,

I would love to see werewolves to bring body hair.

I know it’s just a GP, but if they could bring in some minor occult’s with not much to really go into them. That would bring some more diversity to the pack.

I don’t think fairies and werewolves need a lot of different features from what we would get with witches

Werewolves just need their transformation, wether they are cursed or they chose to transform, lunar phases, their werewolf form and cas items for it.

Fairies need their magic (shared with witches possibly), their aesthetic, wings and outfits, transformation if they have one, and a few other details.

The things I really want overall is a well thought out, detailed, overhaul in terms of the magic system for witches. I could give or take the fairies. Kinda want werewolves, but I don’t want the pack to feel lacking.
    Fairies would be nice if they could add that in the magic realm since witches are not the only ones that use magic.

They could share the magic system with a few differences in terms of the way they use it and how they use it. Along with a few different powers.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    1. "Build your own traditions" magic system
    2. Dueling
    3. Familiars

Everything else is a nice to have only. I'd really love an occult trait that grants minor powers in contrast to sims who learn magic academically. The occults could have unique spells that a normal magician could never learn. (But of course an occult sim could learn magic normally and have the best of both).
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    For me I’d have to say:

1. A power tree for witches with different unlockable abilities and spells as they gain power.
    2. The choice to become different kinds of witches depending on which pathway you choose. Probably ties in with the power tree, but I don’t want every witch to be the same.
    3. A new world with new collectibles and secret areas like the Hermit’s lot in Granite Falls.
    4. Tarot or divination skill with the option to make money off readings.
    5. Grimoires and magical items in B.B.

Tbh, I really would just love this pack to focus on witches. As much as I love werewolves, I’d rather have one well-made game pack for one occult than risk them feeling shallow. Quality over quantity and all that.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    witches to have familiar
    Wolf's to recruit and change sims to wolfs
    Collect herbs, brew and make options
    Story mode
    Special power rewards
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 2019
    This is a lot to fit into a game pack, and I know I won't get everything I'm hoping for, but...
    this is what I'm hoping for :D

1. A medieval Eastern European or Celtic inspired world
    - Include a village center where we can trade spells and ingredients
    2. A wide variety of magic for customization
    - I'd like to make nature witches, sorcerers, and everything is between
    3. A wide variety of CAS assets for customization
    - I'd also like to see the hidden form return just so we can have that option
    4. Potions using minerals and vegetation
    - Humans maybe could also use this feature
    5. Integration with past packs
    - Weather spells, familiars, covens

ETA: I also would love if they would make plant sims a permanent life state with this pack. Maybe it could be a spell.
    Post edited by RememberJoy on
  • KoKoFoShoShoKoKoFoShoSho Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, I know we want witches, I know, I probably want them above all other things, but wheres the variety guys? Like lets give them multiple occult ideas, not just one.

-Witches (duh)
    -Werewolf's (start out with the basics)
    -Demon
    -Angel
    -Leprechaun (idk, not the best, but I said I wanted variety)
    -Nymph (ok, they need to add an occult for gardening, tell me that wouldn't be interesting)
    -Succubus(no judgement, but lets be really, its not like they wouldn't)
    -Other were-animals?
    -Lizard People(they've always been known to add goofy conspiracy/stereotype stuff to the game, maybe one should be lizard people that live beneath us)
    -A spider one????
    -I really want gargoyles, but like just as pets or friendly beasts
    -A genie that isn't a sim but something you can interact with (then you can flirt with them for a fourth wish)

Thats about it, I was kinda of losing it there at the end, anyways, it be cool if anyone else had any other unique ideas

-KoKo
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    1.at least two aspirations tied to magicky things
    2. magic inspired lot traits
    3. a b/b aesthetic that could be used for different magic types(personally I would love if we got more elemental magic so we can influence things like nature and the environment)
    4. skill tree for magic folk like the fame and/or vamp one
    5. a new world

I'm trying to avoid saying witches in case they decide to not call the new occult witches but really I want this pack to be able to stay a small part of my main save but if I wanted to I could turn all the worlds into "realms of magic"
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I want an in-depth magic system in the game instead of multiple occults, not even fairies are necessarily needed if they are just there to fill the gap.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    What a fun idea. I think my top 5 would be...

1. Witches good, evil, and neutral.
    2. Spells with spell book, enchantments, apothecary for potion making and powers over the elements like fire, water, wind, earth. Ability to control weather. Cast blessings and curses or brew potions to alter moods, needs, beauty, relationships.
    3. I'd like the world to at least have a village similar to Hogsmead from Harry Potter with magic shops. It doesn't have to be exact but have that medieval magical feel to it. And perhaps an enchanted Forest for other mythical creatures.
    4. Pet familiar. But can be any kind of pet. With the return of dragons.
    5. I'd like to have some kind of festival/carnival with a combination of things from Magic Town and Supernatural with haunted houses, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan for fortune telling, crystal ball, pumpkin patch, magic shows, broomstick race, etc.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • NightPhoenixVNightPhoenixV Posts: 10 New Member
    1. mystical themed items and clothes that aren't only palate'd to fit in with the magic theme.
    2. It must have magic. Seems obvious but a pack called realms of magic it should 100% be there.
    3. New magic aspirations, jobs and interactions (e.g.potions, battles) . Again seems obvious but a magic pack without this will flop harder that pet stuff.
    4.Generic occult should be added. witch, wizard ect. If not perhaps an obtainable trait by levelling the magic skill. I don't believe that having a CAS occult is necessary by some level to show that a sim has begun or peaked a magical journey. It may even be a job.
    5. The last item needed for realms to be a half decent game pack is something never seen before in previous sim games. This is sims 4 but so far the packs have been rehashes of older sim game packs with less stuff. I believe that's due to how hard the sims 4 program is to code and new packs need to work and sometimes interact with all the older packs and vice versa. My only Idea is that they evolve into classes of magic or maybe at something like a magic school where teenagers can go and its a playable job.

Things I think would be cool but aren't necessary to the pack or unlikely.
    1. A new world. Yes a magic world would be really cool, amazing. But whats the real probability. I think considering the last expansion and game pack all included a new world that its unlikely and also i'd argue that its not really required to make this game pack whole. If they do manage to add one then I'll be impressed.
    2. more occult. we have to remember that this is just a game pack. they had trouble enough just added vampires with their skill trees. should their be more than 3 occult added expect that most of them wont be fleshed out or have skill trees like vampires and probably wont change your game much aside from a few interactions seen in previous sims games. I personally would rather just have a couple of fleshed out characters than lots of random ones and I also know and the sims team probably know that the occult fan base is a select group of fans that are just under the majority.
    3. I would just love new hidden stuff added to the game and I think this mysterious pack is the time to do it. If they don't it will probably be just like normal maybe a hidden trait or so but we need more things that fans don't know about. I add this here because I don't think its essential to the magic gameplay.
    4.difficult game play. This is just me specifically but god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is it hard to die in sims 4 if your just playing regular game play. the cowplant wont eat you unless you do it manually. your sims know never to drown. electrocution is so rare I've played hundreds of hours on the sims 4 and Iv'e yet to die once by accident and one isn't enough for me. This occult pack is the perfect place to add more lethality to the game or at least an option to players in the menu to ramp it up while more casual players can keep the level its at now.
    5.Lastly AI interaction. I really want to see the AI talk and fight amongst themselves using magic almost like a story is unfolding and my sim isn't a part of it. (yet..) different covens or witches vs wizards join a side via a hidden train and when you in public lots they will fight it out. sometimes to the death. not all should be part of a team and it should only occur when there's a certain number of magic sims in the game including homeless sims.

I'f you've made it this far thanks for reading and I'd love to hear your opinions on what you like or dislike about my ideas or how you'd change or improve them.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I thought ROM mention a museum since one of Toronto's museums is Royal Ontario Museum
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NightPhoenixVNightPhoenixV Posts: 10 New Member
    > @leetamme said:
    > What a fun idea. I think my top 5 would be...
    >
    > 1. Witches good, evil, and neutral.
    > 2. Spells with spell book, enchantments, apothecary for potion making and powers over the elements like fire, water, wind, earth. Ability to control weather. Cast blessings and curses or brew potions to alter moods, needs, beauty, relationships.
    > 3. I'd like the world to at least have a village similar to Hogsmead from Harry Potter with magic shops. It doesn't have to be exact but have that medieval magical feel to it. And perhaps an enchanted Forest for other mythical creatures.
    > 4. Pet familiar. But can be any kind of pet. With the return of dragons.
    > 5. I'd like to have some kind of festival/carnival with a combination of things from Magic Town and Supernatural with haunted houses, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan for fortune telling, crystal ball, pumpkin patch, magic shows, broomstick race, etc.

Familiars seem kind of a cool feature It will probably just be the current pets with a viable or hidden trait but they might add new simple animals like frogs, toads and bats. Ive never been a fan of the festivals myself but I would like it if it had all that awesome stuff.
    > @leetamme said:
    > What a fun idea. I think my top 5 would be...
    >
    > 1. Witches good, evil, and neutral.
    > 2. Spells with spell book, enchantments, apothecary for potion making and powers over the elements like fire, water, wind, earth. Ability to control weather. Cast blessings and curses or brew potions to alter moods, needs, beauty, relationships.
    > 3. I'd like the world to at least have a village similar to Hogsmead from Harry Potter with magic shops. It doesn't have to be exact but have that medieval magical feel to it. And perhaps an enchanted Forest for other mythical creatures.
    > 4. Pet familiar. But can be any kind of pet. With the return of dragons.
    > 5. I'd like to have some kind of festival/carnival with a combination of things from Magic Town and Supernatural with haunted houses, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan for fortune telling, crystal ball, pumpkin patch, magic shows, broomstick race, etc.

Familiars seem kind of a cool feature It will probably just be the current pets with a viable or hidden trait but they might add new simple animals like frogs, toads and bats. Ive never been a fan of the festivals myself but I would like it if it had all that awesome stuff.

I would love to see more pets. Festivals or flea markets based around magic and potions would be amazing.
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »

1. New spells, spell books, training, wands. Enchanted items like amulets. Dark and Light Magic. Good and bad witches. Forbidden spells. Transformation spells for others and yourself. Basically very detailed and thought out magic. I honestly only want this and witches to be focused on.
    2. New pets that could be based off of the hamster in MFP like: toads, spiders, snakes, small mythical creatures. Dragons if they can pull it off.
    3. A world with 12+ lots. New venues related to the realm of Magic. Different neighborhoods like: a bustling town, a fairy village, a swamp for witches or other creatures.
    4. New items for conducting magic or brewing potions. Broom sticks for flying and doing sports, along with cleaning. Witching table for doing enchantments and etc.
    5. Occult’s with different forms not just a Regular looking witch, but different types of witches: an old hag, a young enchantress, a queen of the dark arts, a good bubbly witch, etc.

Another thing I wouldn’t mind if there was a single universal tree of magic that can be shared between: fairies, witches, and other magical occult’s with just a few magic related things to set them apart.

I know it’s just a GP, but if they could bring in some minor occult’s with not much to really go into them. That would bring some more diversity to the pack.

I don’t think fairies and werewolves need a lot of different features from what we would get with witches

Werewolves just need their transformation, wether they are cursed or they chose to transform, lunar phases, their werewolf form and cas items for it.

Fairies need their magic (shared with witches possibly), their aesthetic, wings and outfits, transformation if they have one, and a few other details.

The things I really want overall is a well thought out, detailed, overhaul in terms of the magic system for witches. I could give or take the fairies. Kinda want werewolves, but I don’t want the pack to feel lacking.

As much as I would like that.. it definately sounds wayyy to big for a game pack😕
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ultimately:

1: Sim Customization, I know it's very Vague... But I don't want to play with witches, I want to play with Sorcerers and the way I believe how magic works. So this means We are given the Generic Breed of the Life State of a Magic User "Witch" and Like in Cats and Dogs, you choose a dog and you customize it into the breed you want. Same should apply to the "Witch" Life state, you choose Witch and then you can rename it and configure it into the breed your own desires. Magic is arbitrary and You should be able to craft a Witch, Wizard, Druid, Enchanter, Summoner, Prophet, or my personal favorite, Sorcerer, the way you envision not how pop culture tells you.

2: Magic and Spells, I'm hoping there is no alignment system. Only because not all Light magic is love and good, and not all Dark magic is hate and evil. Light magic can hurt, and a truly evil person can manipulate light magic for evil purposes, and a Good person can justify using dark magic for good reasons. So using Dark magic shouldn't shift your alignment. Also, hoping they're not thinking about using a Magic Meter, Magic should feed off of the Sorcerer's Energy Gauge. Since Magic is a form of Energy, Magic should technically feed off of the Hunger gauge too but more so Energy. Emotions should hold weight in terms of a Magical spell's Success rate and strength.
    and I'm not talking Anger = Strong Fire magic, Sad = Strong water magic, definitely don't want to see "Sim is too sad to do magic right now." nothing lame like that.

I want to see:
    Focused, Inspired, Confident, Energized = Strong spells, and high success rates.
    Fine & Happy = General emotions Spells will not have increased success rates or strength boosts
    Flirty, Dazed, Playful = Distracted emotions could go either way, some spells may yield towards success, but could go wrong in other ways as well.
    Sad, Tense, Uncomfortable, Embarrassed = Weaker Spells, and wide room for errors.
    Anger = Strong Spells indeed, however casting spells while angry can be very reckless, and fatal to one's self, or bystanders, and or victim. You could win a fight if you are fighting out of anger, however are you willing to risk a potential possibly fatal, mistake?

Finally, I just want to Point out, I noticed Elementals doing Elemental Magic, and I have to say I approve! I just hope Fire, water/Ice, Earth and Wind, as well as Light and Dark Magic are lethal. I know this is the Sims 4, but this is also Magic we're talking about.
    Magic is serious business, that's what makes it fun to play with. I want Curses and potions, to really "Better or worsen" sims lives.
    My truly evil sorceress should be able to craft a curse of infertility, and Going about those ingredients should be horrible.
    I'd imagine the ingredients to be: Parsley, an Orchid, and the Tears of a Toddler... I mean why else add toddlers to the game? Might as well make them useful, right? >:)
    If you give this Curse of infertility to a Sim with the "Big Happy Family" or "Successful Lineage" Aspirations. the victim should spiral into a State of prolonged sadness.

3: Make it challenging! Don't just give me the flying broomstick, or the magic mirror, in buy mode or the rewards store.
    allow me to purchase just a common household broomstick from buy mode, or craft it at the woodworking station. and then with my powers I should be able to cast a "Levitation" enchantment on the broom stick so it can fly, or an "Animation" enchantment so it can be automatic cleaning/servant/Babysitter like the in Fantasia, the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
    Also, I should be able to purchase Any mirror from the buy catalog, imbue the mirror with my power over time, and once the mirror is at full power, I cast a "Curse of Isolation upon my victim of choice, and the curse entraps the victim in my mirror, thus creating my own personal "Slave in the magic mirror"

4: I really really want forbidden Magic, Spells that are "Too dark" for the Game, Which I don't think they are, because the spell was inspired by a family friendly TV show, called Once Upon a Time. The Spell is the Good ol' famous Heart Rip. It's not at all Bloody ore anything. The sorcerer is able to magically, Phase their hand through and reach into the chest cavity of the victim, grab hold of the heart, of the victim and pluck it out... like an apple ripe for picking. And So now the Sorcerer has a Heartless puppet to control and obey the sorcerer's every whim. I always say it makes Voodoo look deficient. And I don't understand why it wouldn't fit the Sims 4 aesthetic, The Sims 4 was all about emotions, what better way to play with emotions, with magic, and literally holding the heart of your lover, and/or enemy and making them go on an emotional rollercoster!

5: If there is room For a world, My hope is that it's an Arthurian legend Fantasy type world, however I want to dress my Sorcerers and other characters in Baroque fashion. But for the World, I'm picturing a Feudal society. Where we have castle (64x64 or bigger lot size) overlooking a village. I think 5 Lots total in this world. Personally I'm not going to build Magic shops or anything, My sorcerer will reside in the castle as Lord, and Arch Mage of the region/realm, and he is the one who will procure ingredients to then craft potions, curses, enchantments, etc. So his castle will also act like a museum/library for magical artifacts he collects. but for the Village, I'm going to build a Tavern, I would love. I'm thinking about building Crafting stores/workshops. kind of like what you see in MMOs, Hoping we would get skill lines associated with them too.

I would like Blacksmithing working with metal, and creating swords and Knight's armors and we could get a sword fighting skill too. We have Woodworking, I would like to expand it, with Shield making/Heraldry and Archery creating bows and arrows, and I wish we could do Hunting, in the sims, but I guess just target practice as a sport would be fine. I wouldn't be mad if it's just that. and the better you are at Archery and Sword fighting the better bows and swords you can craft as you excel with blacksmithing and woodworking. Let's see... My Sorcerer would be the alchemist, and enchanter in the village.
    Maybe I'd build barracks for My Sorcerer's Knight's who protect the village. Sort of a Knight's Club peacekeepers that fight off evil Daemonic/Vampire/Sorcerer/Rebels Clubs. And then I was going to say a farm, but... I don't know I would like a separate focused Pack for farming. So yeah I think 5 lots total one big one for my castle, and then 4 other lots in the village. maybe a 6th lot out in the forest/plains outside of the village limits, i would like a forest area to explore for ingredients, and creatures to fight.

these are the main ingredients I at least need for this game pack. The rest i can work out with mods and cc.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Jasper7702 wrote: »

As much as I would like that.. it definately sounds wayyy to big for a game pack😕

I agree. This is just a chunk of ice waiting to be sculpted. I dream too big! 😂
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Ultimately:

1: Sim Customization, I know it's very Vague... But I don't want to play with witches, I want to play with Sorcerers and the way I believe how magic works. So this means We are given the Generic Breed of the Life State of a Magic User "Witch" and Like in Cats and Dogs, you choose a dog and you customize it into the breed you want. Same should apply to the "Witch" Life state, you choose Witch and then you can rename it and configure it into the breed your own desires. Magic is arbitrary and You should be able to craft a Witch, Wizard, Druid, Enchanter, Summoner, Prophet, or my personal favorite, Sorcerer, the way you envision not how pop culture tells you.

2: Magic and Spells, I'm hoping there is no alignment system. Only because not all Light magic is love and good, and not all Dark magic is hate and evil. Light magic can hurt, and a truly evil person can manipulate light magic for evil purposes, and a Good person can justify using dark magic for good reasons. So using Dark magic shouldn't shift your alignment. Also, hoping they're not thinking about using a Magic Meter, Magic should feed off of the Sorcerer's Energy Gauge. Since Magic is a form of Energy, Magic should technically feed off of the Hunger gauge too but more so Energy. Emotions should hold weight in terms of a Magical spell's Success rate and strength.
    and I'm not talking Anger = Strong Fire magic, Sad = Strong water magic, definitely don't want to see "Sim is too sad to do magic right now." nothing lame like that.

I want to see:
    Focused, Inspired, Confident, Energized = Strong spells, and high success rates.
    Fine & Happy = General emotions Spells will not have increased success rates or strength boosts
    Flirty, Dazed, Playful = Distracted emotions could go either way, some spells may yield towards success, but could go wrong in other ways as well.
    Sad, Tense, Uncomfortable, Embarrassed = Weaker Spells, and wide room for errors.
    Anger = Strong Spells indeed, however casting spells while angry can be very reckless, and fatal to one's self, or bystanders, and or victim. You could win a fight if you are fighting out of anger, however are you willing to risk a potential possibly fatal, mistake?

Finally, I just want to Point out, I noticed Elementals doing Elemental Magic, and I have to say I approve! I just hope Fire, water/Ice, Earth and Wind, as well as Light and Dark Magic are lethal. I know this is the Sims 4, but this is also Magic we're talking about.
    Magic is serious business, that's what makes it fun to play with. I want Curses and potions, to really "Better or worsen" sims lives.
    My truly evil sorceress should be able to craft a curse of infertility, and Going about those ingredients should be horrible.
    I'd imagine the ingredients to be: Parsley, an Orchid, and the Tears of a Toddler... I mean why else add toddlers to the game? Might as well make them useful, right? >:)
    If you give this Curse of infertility to a Sim with the "Big Happy Family" or "Successful Lineage" Aspirations. the victim should spiral into a State of prolonged sadness.

3: Make it challenging! Don't just give me the flying broomstick, or the magic mirror, in buy mode or the rewards store.
    allow me to purchase just a common household broomstick from buy mode, or craft it at the woodworking station. and then with my powers I should be able to cast a "Levitation" enchantment on the broom stick so it can fly, or an "Animation" enchantment so it can be automatic cleaning/servant/Babysitter like the in Fantasia, the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
    Also, I should be able to purchase Any mirror from the buy catalog, imbue the mirror with my power over time, and once the mirror is at full power, I cast a "Curse of Isolation upon my victim of choice, and the curse entraps the victim in my mirror, thus creating my own personal "Slave in the magic mirror"

4: I really really want forbidden Magic, Spells that are "Too dark" for the Game, Which I don't think they are, because the spell was inspired by a family friendly TV show, called Once Upon a Time. The Spell is the Good ol' famous Heart Rip. It's not at all Bloody ore anything. The sorcerer is able to magically, Phase their hand through and reach into the chest cavity of the victim, grab hold of the heart, of the victim and pluck it out... like an apple ripe for picking. And So now the Sorcerer has a Heartless puppet to control and obey the sorcerer's every whim. I always say it makes Voodoo look deficient. And I don't understand why it wouldn't fit the Sims 4 aesthetic, The Sims 4 was all about emotions, what better way to play with emotions, with magic, and literally holding the heart of your lover, and/or enemy and making them go on an emotional rollercoster!

5: If there is room For a world, My hope is that it's an Arthurian legend Fantasy type world, however I want to dress my Sorcerers and other characters in Baroque fashion. But for the World, I'm picturing a Feudal society. Where we have castle (64x64 or bigger lot size) overlooking a village. I think 5 Lots total in this world. Personally I'm not going to build Magic shops or anything, My sorcerer will reside in the castle as Lord, and Arch Mage of the region/realm, and he is the one who will procure ingredients to then craft potions, curses, enchantments, etc. So his castle will also act like a museum/library for magical artifacts he collects. but for the Village, I'm going to build a Tavern, I would love. I'm thinking about building Crafting stores/workshops. kind of like what you see in MMOs, Hoping we would get skill lines associated with them too.

I would like Blacksmithing working with metal, and creating swords and Knight's armors and we could get a sword fighting skill too. We have Woodworking, I would like to expand it, with Shield making/Heraldry and Archery creating bows and arrows, and I wish we could do Hunting, in the sims, but I guess just target practice as a sport would be fine. I wouldn't be mad if it's just that. and the better you are at Archery and Sword fighting the better bows and swords you can craft as you excel with blacksmithing and woodworking. Let's see... My Sorcerer would be the alchemist, and enchanter in the village.
    Maybe I'd build barracks for My Sorcerer's Knight's who protect the village. Sort of a Knight's Club peacekeepers that fight off evil Daemonic/Vampire/Sorcerer/Rebels Clubs. And then I was going to say a farm, but... I don't know I would like a separate focused Pack for farming. So yeah I think 5 lots total one big one for my castle, and then 4 other lots in the village. maybe a 6th lot out in the forest/plains outside of the village limits, i would like a forest area to explore for ingredients, and creatures to fight.

these are the main ingredients I at least need for this game pack. The rest i can work out with mods and cc.

This was really thought out, and enjoyable to read. I love the bit on Once Upon a Time 😭

• BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2019
    i have an old thread with some specific ideas for spells and powers i had a few years back. hope they looked at it lol. this is what i’ve been waiting on since Sims 4’s release, so i can’t help but have high hopes. 😰 vampires are great so, fingers crossed.

1. Witches (obv... magic/power/perk system, moral alignment, spells, blessings, curses, etc. i was more specific in my thread.)
    2. Magical Items (grimoires, a crystal ball, broomsticks, cauldrons, updated voodoo doll, bonehilda, etc. the stuff they could come up with is virtually endless. wardrobe with a portal to travel?, sentient furniture/spellbook, ever changing pictures, etc)
    3. Familiars (would looove to get birds, toads, hares, etc. but at the very least should work with cats, dogs, and rodents since we already have those three. spectral cats like in TS2 would also be cool.)
    4. Alchemy/Potion Brewing (new harvestables/reagents. eye of newt, toe of frog, wool of bat, tongue of dog, blind worm, dragon scales, mermaid tears, mystic dust, vipers essence, etc.)
    5. Cross-Pack Play (covens with Get Together will be a thing but this could encompass a lot. familiars, special potions relevant to other lifestates (vampiric sunscreen, legs-in-a-bottle for mermaids, liquid ambrosia for ghosts, etc. okay ghosts are bg, but you get the point.))

CAS is important too, but i’m fairly sure that will be great. aliens, vamps, mermaids all have alternate forms and are very flexible and as customizable as anyone could want. plus the old survey mentioned creating witches from “ugly to the most youthful”, straggly hair, warts, etc. so that’ll be taken care of lol.

i’d love a new world, and assume there will be one, probably called the Realm of Magic lol. but honestly, and i’m sure most would disagree, i’d be fine if there wasn’t one if it meant more resources toward fleshing out the Witches/magic. though both should be doable ideally.

as much as i want werewolves and fairies, i want Witches totally fleshed out above anything. and i don’t want anymore lifestates to feel unfinished (mermaids should have more animations. aliens are boring. don’t even get me started on what’s considered a “plantsim” in TS4 lol.)
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    OOOoooohhhh, this is a great topic, and a really fun thread to read through!!

I'd LOVE if RoM was magic immersed!! I'd love for it to be REALISTIC and true to IRL magic cultures, spirituality, belief systems, ect. I don't see why they wouldn't at least ATTEMPT to make it more true to life for those who practice magic irl.

5 features for me would be:

-WITCHES: I have to say this, obviously, even though it's pretty much a given that RoM will most likely mainly focus on witches/warlocks. Butttt, ya never know, so I'm making it my first!!

-REALISM: The ability to practice consequential, realistic magic, weather for good or bad outcomes. ie: representational magic, protection, blessings, fertility, forbidden spells, cursing, ect.

-Magical items: Grimoires, Totems, Talisman, cards, crystals, different herbs, ect.

-SKILLS!! In-depth and build-able skills. Spell-casting, Alchemy, Potions, Dark Magic, ect.

-Some type of challenge, weather it be a point system, (NOT like vampires, but close to it, Vamp point system was far too easy and became boring quickly) or a playable story line that can continue, as in careers, schooling, ect.

- Magic-based Schools and Careers, and I DO NOT mean Hogwarts. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Potterhead through and through, but for this pack, I'd love for it to be more realistic, so I think a dedicated school, almost boarding school, that our young adults could attend AFTER high school. Also, occult-based careers!!

Fortune Teller
    Druidic Healer
    Tarot Card Reader
    Medium
    Holistic Doctor

I'd LOVE this!!

Occults I'd love to see:
    Witches/Warlocks (obviously)
    Romani
    Druids
    Psychics

I know this is a lot for a game pack, so I'm a bit disappointed magic won't see it's own EP (as far as we know) because really expanding on the realistic side of the occult, I think there is such a potential to make a truly magical game. ;) Pun intended.
    c22.jpg
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I think magic should be exclusive to Witches, Fairies and Genies. But, other Sims can cast basic spells and still use magic potions.

I think Witches should have a Perk that allows them to create a Disguised form that can have separate relationships with other Sims.

Also, I want Fairies and Genies lol